It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:47 am

Free Newsletter

cholestorol check

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

cholestorol check

Postby hannah » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:15 pm

hi all,

Have been observing that my cholestorol levels which remain around 120/80 have shot up to 198/96.
why is it so.. I do have some stress problems but thats the case with everybody. Sometimes i do get dizzy too and there are symptoms of nausea also.
hannah

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi Hannah,
The best way I know to lower cholesterol so I don't get a stroke and end up paralized is to cut right down on eating everything that comes from an animal. eggs, hotdogs, butter fat, cream, meat, full cream milk, cheese, ice-cream (skim yogurt is okay) Also keep away from stressful people.
These sites have some great information on the subject.
click here - http://www.techmedica.com/cholestasys.html
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/98/ ... 1018_tn_01

Concentrate on rice, potato, bread, fruit and vegetables. I've heard from a friend that cucumbers are excellent for reducing cholesterol but you have to eat or drink the juice of 1 per day.
People with hypothyroidism can sometimes produce their own bad cholesterol, so it's important to see a doctor, perhaps he can prescribe some of those fat absorbing pills you take before meals.
I wouldn't excert yourself with exercise if you're feeling dizzy as the blood flow may be partially blocked and cause more stress on your heart.
Slowly but surely you'll get through this.

From Cathy Wong, N.D.,
Your Guide to Alternative Medicine.
There is an increasing amount of research showing that the enormously popular cholesterol-lowering "statin" drugs can deplete levels of a nutrient called coenzyme Q10, or CoQ10, unless it is taken as a dietary supplement.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby hannah » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:07 pm

hi dolly,

thanks for the concern and all the articles related to my cholestorol levels.
I went and checked with my doctor day before yesterday and he advised me to cholestorite for cholestorol control seeing my condition. This is making me feel much better and Im sure my Ch. levels will also come down too..
Have made sure to cut down on my non-veg diet though I dont take much of fat or oily stuff.
hannah

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:15 pm

It's wonderful to hear your doctors on top of things with that Cholesto-Rite, I'm sure you'll be well again in no time.
Dolly

Return to Health and Beauty