It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:56 am

Free Newsletter

ear infections

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

ear infections

Postby fiona » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:28 pm

hi all,

my son, off late, has been developing some sort of an ear infection .. There is always pus in the ears and its also itchy and swollen. wonder why it happens . Hope it does not turn into something serious.

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi Fiona, If I were you, I'd take your son to a doctor to find out what's causing the infection and to get some antibiotics before he gets eardrum damage. Perhaps the doctor will find his Eustachio's tube is partially blocked. Good luck!
click here -

Postby shireen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:29 pm

hi fiona,

dolly is right. please get your son checked by the doctor.
My sister's daughter too had the same problem and she took cefzil for her ear infections. gradually in a day or two the pus dried up and the swelling also subsided.
Cefzil dosage : This drug should be taken as instructed by your doctor. T each dose of Cefzil should be taken with a full glass of water. It may be taken in with or without food or meals. Take it with milk or food if it causes upset of the stomach.

one should take Cefzil regularly to gain the maximum benefit of this drug.Do not abruptly stop the dosage too or else it may not show desired results.

ear infections

Postby mediinfoguy » Mon May 01, 2006 2:55 pm

Is important to rush to the doctor and get his help and that too immediate help is required so that no harm is done to the cochlear canals. Always keep some ear drops handy in case your visit to the doc gets delayed..

Return to Health and Beauty