It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 am

Free Newsletter

Break outs - does anyone hide/cancel plans when it happens?

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Break outs - does anyone hide/cancel plans when it happens?

Postby zoeh » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 pm

I bought a new exfoliator and have just broken out something shocking

so much that I am not going to my aerial dance class tonight and am going to go for a really long walk tonight instead - so no one can see me.

I told my housemate and she said it was being stupid but they are so red and its so embarrassing and I just feel so insecure about it that I nearly started crying just telling her that i didnt want to go

I mean if i went then i would have to put a pile of make up over it and then it would get even worse and I cant bear it.

Has anyone else done anything similar when they get a break out?
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:13 pm

sometimes i just want to cancel whatever plans i have made and stay in hiding! sometimes i just dont feel up to showing my face in public. enjoy your walk you wont enjoy your dance class if u are self conscious everytime u bust out a move.
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:40 pm

I don't worry about it anymore. I figure if people love me when I look good, they either love me when I look bad or bad luck for them.

And yes, I still get breakouts at the grand old age of 41 :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Chelle » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 am

I try & hide it with a blemish stick, but since I tried that olay total effects+ for blemish prone skin it's in a black 100g tube cost around $12 I hardley ever get any pimples anymore I use to break out somthing shocking but since I been using it I don't really get any!!!
Chelle

Postby Lolly » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:23 am

Proactiv works best

I had shocking acne as did my daughter - just ask Judy how good our skin is now :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:59 am

hey chelle ive looked everywhere for that olay one and i cant find it. probably didnt help i was looking for a bottle instead of a tube hahahah
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:25 am

Since I have been using Clinique cleaners, toner & moisturiser I rarely have breakouts on my face, but occasionally I'll get yucky ones on my neck... hate them!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:36 am

Please don't hate me ..... but as a teenager I had no pimples/blemishes at all ... seriously. Now I only get the odd one every couple of cycles :( .. but when I do get them I would cover them up as much as I could - and be soooo self conscious of it that I would be running back and forward to a mirror all day. To you they feel like they are the biggest, reddist things on this earth .. but really they are not as big as you think.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Sorry for being ignorant here ladies...this is out of my field, but exfoliators make you break out in pimples?? (as I said I don't know anything about them, but am just curious!!) Is that a normal occurance or an allergic reaction to something?? Anyway if anyone can answer my questions that would be great!!

But to answer you post Zoe....I agree with Kate if you feel too embarassed to go out I would enjoy that walk you had planned! Either way you are still going to be exercising mate, so go for it! I hope they clear for you soon!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Yeah Ally exfoliators can make you break out because it scrubs away the dead skin cells and forces any infected kinda areas to break out because of the fact that the dead skin cells aren't covering it anymore.

... or somehting like that!!!

I've cancelled plans once or twice I think.. I lived with bad skin since age 11 so it just became a part of life and although I felt like staying home a lot I knew I had to just suck it up and get on with life! Thank god for Proactiv :D :D

Don't panic Zoe, it'll calm down soon :) Just go to your class and you will feel soo much better!! Whatever you do, don't plaster it with makeup because it will clog it up and make it even worse!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:58 am

cool thanks for the heads up Em. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Health and Beauty