It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 am

Free Newsletter

hair products

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

hair products

Postby yummymummy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 pm

well I kicked my blowdryer to the curb (it just wasnt doing it for me any more!) and am the proud owner of a hair straightner 8) which I am totally in love with but I dont know what product if any should I be putting on my hair before I straighten it , any ideas :?:
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby mrs c » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:49 pm

I use 'SCHWARZKOPF ZERO FRIZZ HAIR SERUM' before I straighten. Its really good and you only need a tiny amount so it lasts forever.
mrs c

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:53 pm

i use play hair straightening balm. then use a anti frizz through it after its straightened. you need to use a product into before straightening to protect the hair and its encouraged that you dont use it every day because its bad for your hair. :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:31 pm

im evil to my poor hair and dont use anything :P
Jisgone

Postby electrongirl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:22 pm

I use Kerastase (sp?) shampoo & conditioner. I don't usually have to use anything except a little frizz free serum once its straight.

I use the Vidal Sassoon Hair designer to blowdry my hair:

http://www.toolsofsassoon.com/aus/product1.html

Then I go over it with my Silver Bullett straightener:

http://www.haircareonline.com.au/285-Lightning_Plus_Titanium.html

I love them and my hair looks great afterwards!! I'm training hubby to help me do the back of my hair.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mrs c » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Oh my god Kerastase Chroma Reflect Masque is THE BEST TREATMENT ever for coloured hair!!!!!!!!
mrs c

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:45 am

I love my GHD. I have curly hair which is a pain. I love the dead straight look. I don't know what I would do without my GHD it straightens my hair in 10 minutes flat. I used to have an imitation one which I bought from the Shaver Shop but it took half an hour to get the same results as GHD.

You definitely have to use product to protect your hair cos at 220 degree you’re drying the hell out of it. Any product which puts moisture back in, helps coat the hair is great. It doesn't really matter which brand you use just as long as you use something. Otherwise your hair will be so dry and you'll get brakeage.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:57 am

hey jen i have curls too. i like straight hair every once in awhile but lately i have been embracing the curls hehe. some girls pay a lot of money to get curls!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:26 pm

I would love to have curls - all my life I have had perms to get what you guys have naturally - NOT FAIR!! Anyway I have not had a perm in 7 years so my hair is DEAD straight - not even a kink. WHen I want curls I put in my curling wands and generally get what I want!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby electrongirl » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm kinda lucky with my hair. Its thick and wavy so I can have either straight, wavy or curly hair. I am one of the very few people that actually like their hair.

I do hate the colour though, its a dirty mousy colour so I am always colouring it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Jisgone » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:24 pm

i have naturally curly hair :( its also very thick so i dont like the curls, it just looks like a big boof of ringlets hehe
i dont bother straightening my hair during the week, going to the gym monday to friday i get so sweaty my hair goes all gross and i end up washing it again
Jisgone

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:09 am

I have very thick, curly/boofy hair...

I used to hate it... but now I am growing to accept it and love it! I straighten it sometimes for special occasions - but I only do it twice or three times a year - I could never do it myself, it usually takes two hairdressers an hour to do it! (not kidding)

In the end - everyone wants what they dont have! So I've decided to accept my curly, unruly hair, and wear bed hair like its the hottest fashion evah!! :D
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:16 am

hey mandie a friend of mine has curly frizzy hair and its so thick and long she had it professionally permanently straightened and it took a few hours with 2 hairdressers doing it. it only lasts about a month or so but it looked beautiful
kate_turner2000

Postby mrs c » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:16 am

I got mine chemically straightened about a year ago and it still looks good - it is permanent and grows out like a perm. I would recommend it to anyone (except it cost a fortune and took about 5 hours).
mrs c

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:38 pm

i got my hair chemically straighgtened, they said it was all natural products
i was put in the corner of the salon with big thick rubber pads on my shoulders, then they put the stuff in my hair and stuck my hair to plastic sheets
i started to feel really hot and dizzy, i told the girl and she said only 10 more minutes and a few minutes later i said take it off i feel horrible, half way to the washing chair i had passed out on the floor and woke up to 3 people pulling me onto the chair to wash it out
they still charged me full price! and it hardly even worked, my hair just went curly again
grrr
Jisgone

Next

Return to Health and Beauty