It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 am

Free Newsletter

ouch my head

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

ouch my head

Postby yummymummy » Fri May 25, 2007 11:04 am

I woke up with such a bad headach yesterday that by 730 I had to ring hubby and get him to come home from work because I could bearly stand I was so disorientated, vomiting, had vertigo badly and was vomiting. All from a stinking headache :cry: Im thinking its time for a trip back to the doctors, anyone on medication for migranes? I tried them about 12yrs ago and they did nothing for me, but Im hoping they have some new ones out these days
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 11:11 am

Nope, though I feel for you.
I started getting migraines in my early teens. Then a chirodontist (don't ask) told me he thought it was triggerred by stress, and hey presto they disappeared! I get them occasionally now, once or twice a year. Even only that many is too many. I usually get them in the morning, get visual disturbances, then the pain starts, then I just want to cut my head off so it will go away, then someone, anyone, brings me a cup of tea and I find a way to lie down that doesn't make it worse and manage to fall asleep. If it's really bad I chuck first. I don't bother will painkillers - they don't work. Then I wake up some hours later with just a background ache, take painkillers and spend the rest of the day in a fog being pretty much useless for anything.

I hate migraines.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:38 pm

oh jody i can sympathise mate. i have had a handful of them all within the past couple of years and they get to a point where i cant move my head on the pillow. i know my sister used to get them really bad and would have to take time off work and get an injection at the dr's. i hope you feel better soon!!! do you knwo what could be causing yours?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 1:13 pm

My hubby suffers from severe everyday headacks for years from arthirites in his neck from a bad car accident. A couple of months ago he went to a chiropractor & they put pressure on the pressure points on his necks & cracked somthing & it has made a hudge difference. Hope you get better soon
Chelle

Postby yummymummy » Fri May 25, 2007 1:44 pm

Im feeling fine today just a bit vague but man Ive never had pain like it it hurt soo much, It seems to happen more in the week before my period so maybe its hormone related, Im not sure, Ive got an appointment with my gp next, hopefully she may be able to prescribe something
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:57 pm

let us know how you go jody
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Fri May 25, 2007 4:21 pm

My MIL suffers from really bad migranes and she takes Immogrin (SP) apparently it is a very expensive tablet to have ($20 each) so she gets five and takes half at a time when she has a headache!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Return to Health and Beauty