It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:18 am

Free Newsletter

Help - I'm freezing!!!

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:11 am

LOL - it's snowing on the mountain in Hobart as we speak. I looked at the Beaureau of Met this morning before leaving ant it was 5 degrees in town (warmest we've had in the morning for weeks, it's usually well and truly frosted) but -3 degrees on the mountain.

I rode in, and then discovered the hot water in the shower is off. :evil: I've got someone looking at it so it doesn't happen again: snow + cold shower = unhappy Tegan.
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:54 am

yeah snow would be coming out the shower head hey tegan! brrrrr
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:32 am

Getting back to the original topic of circulation and being cold.....have you had a blood test? Anaemia sufferers get cold hands and feet due to poor circulation and reduced oxygen levels in the blood (ie: the normal cellular processes that generate heat as a by-product are affected). Women are more susceptible to anaemia and especially those with heavy periods.

Increasing iron in your diet can help with the anaemia and I do feel warmer when my iron levels are normal. Vitamin C is also important in absorption of iron.....so you need them both.

Your doctor may recommend Ferrogradumet C but it can have side effects of constipation and abdo pain.

I use Ethical Nutrients Iron Plus with Cofactors....seems to work for me! It's available at most chemists.

Hope this is helpful,
:) Maree
reester33

Postby reester33 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:36 am

Oh, I forgot to mention other factors that may be causing poor circulation....varicose veins, low or high blood pressure.

:) M
reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:45 pm

hmm never thoguht of that maree. i aint going to increase my iron by taking supplements though because they make you consto (in my experience anyway) but maybe eating lots more red meat might help
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:55 pm

I haven't had a problem with the natural iron supplements.....I had BIG problems on Ferrograd C though. The heme in red meat is the best source of iron though....without the side effects! :lol: Try adding some spinach as a side dish too.

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:09 pm

You're a very useful person to have around, Maree :D I had blood tests a few months ago and everything was fine, however it wasn't a fasting blood test, I'd eaten a few hours before so it may have messed with the results a bit. I'll make sure when I go to get my tests that I haven't eaten!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby reester33 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:33 am

The problem with blood tests is they change dependent on your dietary intake. New blood cells are generated every 8-10 days so if you eat properly for a week before the test your results should be normal.

However this may not be an accurate reflection of what your iron levels would be if your diet is usually poor.

:) M

reester33

Postby SarahC » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:40 pm

I've been taking Venotrex for the last couple of months. It's supposed to help with fluid retention but also helps with circulation. I'm not sure if it's working or not, but my hands and feet are certainly not as cold as they usually are. I know that it's really cold, but I'm not feeling it that badly.

Apon saying that, my electricity bill is sky high, I guess from the continual use of my heater and clothes dryer :cry:
SarahC

Postby reester33 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:41 pm

So does the Venotrex help with fluid retention?

reester33

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 am

It is supposed to. I haven't really noticed a difference so far (maybe if I stopped stuffing my face it might be easier to tell :oops: ) I've also been forgetting the odd tablet... you are meant to take two a day, just before a meal. I'm in such a rush to get my dinner down my neck that I forget to take it sometimes :roll:
SarahC

Previous

Return to Health and Beauty