It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Anyone else have the common cold at the moment?

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone else have the common cold at the moment?

Postby zoeh » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:03 pm

I have been sick for 2 weeks

Then I was better for 1 week

And now I am sick again!!!!

I got some antibiotics yesterday but they havent worked as yet.

I am SO SICK of BEING SICK!!!!!!!!!!

Any handy hints to build up my immune system?

The WORST of it is, I was losing weight doing Sureslim and was hoping to be at my goal weight by now but because I havent been able to eat properly for almost half of the time I have been on the program, I am back at square one!!!

Everyone at work has been getting sick.

I am so tired of it!!!!!!!!

I AM SO ANGRY AT MY BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zoeh

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:34 pm

I don't have the common cold but I DO have sinusitis for the 3rd time in like 2 months! Yippeee! I'm bloody sick of it, this time though the doc gave me a prescription for Rhinocort nasal spray, because apparently I have a lot of excess tissue up me nose, so hopefully that'll help too!

My body seems to hate me at the moment too :( I feel much better today though, my body seems to know as soon as I get antibiotics now! Haha :P

I hope you feel better soon Zo, rest up and don't push yourself too hard!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zoeh » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:57 pm

I am dodgy on the doctor I went to

I told her I was sick for 2 weeks and was fine for 1 but am now sick again and said I probably should have come to see a doctor the first time around. She said, I dont think so... and then nothing...

Then she said, do you have a fever? and I said, I am not sure.
And she didn't check it.

Then she didnt tell me what I've got or how long it would take to go away and gave me a prescription only for 1 tablet for 5 days with a REPEAT which is a little odd.

I just looked up the prescription on the internet and it is for urinary tract infections and sore throats and I don't really have either. Throat is a little sore but not that bad in comparison to what else is feeling bad... but nothing to do with urinary tract infections at all.

I also asked her about the cervial cancer vaccine and she said it is coming in a month and said, would you feel embarrassed about ringing up asking for it when it comes in? Which I thought was an odd question - why would I feel embarrassed? And then she said that if I didnt want to wait for a month I could pay the $165 and get it done sooner but they would have to order it in. Which doesnt really make sense because it probably would take the same amount of time to get it in... and why would I have an urgency to get it now as opposed to getting it done in a month? I only want it because it would be free....

Where is that website where you can discuss doctors? You know - that new one where you can mention bad doctors?

Good to hear you are feeling better zeedeveelgirl!
zoeh

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:19 am

1 tip: antibiotics will not stop the common cold. It will only stop a bacterial infection, not a viral. However they are often prescribed when you have a cold if you have a secondary infection that slipped in while you were down, like pneumonia.

I try to get enough sleep, eat well and dose up on garlic when I want to give my immune system a helping hand. I'm also not fanatical about disinfecting everything (I'm clean, just not hospital grade). This is just a personal thing, but I think your body needs to be exposed to low level pathogens to improve your immune system (unless of course you have an immune deficiency, which is another story entirely).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sassi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:46 pm

my bf & i have been passing a cold backwards & forwards for what feels like weeks :lol: but then last week i got sick again - but more of a virus than a head cold. ended up going to the doctors because i got hives (i haven't felt so ugly since i had chicken pox!)...and then woke up saturday with conjunctavitis. argh! feel horrible. but i really, really have to go back to work tomorrow because i'm on a contract and i missed 3 days last week. haven't been exercising very much either cos i feel so tired.

yes, i am feeling very sorry for myself!!

zoeh & zeedeveelgirl - hope you're both feeling better soon *hugs*
sassi

Postby *KaTe* » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:52 pm

I had a really bad cold a couple of weeks ago...lasted a week, was off work for the full week....went to my naturopath and got a discusting herbal concoction...and it works wonders...

I have it whenever I feel a bit "off colour" etc...and havent gotten the cold back at all...my mum took the potion when I was really sick as she started to get the sore throat etc, and she didnt catch it. Is awesome stuff.

My boyf currently has a really bad cold and theres lots of ppl at work coughing everywhere, and I havent caught it...so Im loving my potion!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby zoeh » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:06 pm

oh!

I used to take a naturopath concoction which tasted horrible but it used to make me feel great... and when i was taking it (i was having it daily) i was never sick!! i totally forgot about that

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:17 pm

feel better soon guys :) hey zoeh my dr said the government have been really vague about procedures for the gardisil injections. and that not a lot of dr's have been informed about it. i dont think ill be getting my first lot until i go to get my script for the pill renewed in september.
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:21 pm

Keep up the fluids guys and get your man to make ya some hot soup n put on your huggies
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby SarahC » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:43 pm

I get stuck into the echinacea when I get a cold. It makes it go away much quicker!

I haven't had a cold in more than a year... touch wood!

Feel better soon :D
SarahC

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:49 pm

My son is like that he had a really bad cold that lasted for 3 weeks was 1 1/2 weeks fine & now it seem like his come back with that dreadded flue symptoms again & when I took him to the doctors last time he didn't want to give him any antibiotics becasue he dosn't belive in giving 2 year old medicine because of his age. I new to the area so I don't know where any good doctors are.
Chelle

Return to Health and Beauty