It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:35 am

Free Newsletter

I'm yellow :(

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm yellow :(

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Once again, I have a weird problem I need help with!

For the past approx 2 years my hands and feet have been extremely yellow. At first I thought it was cos I was eating literally about 6 raw carrots a day, but I cut them out a good year and a half ago, so it can't be that anymore, right!? Then I thought it may be a liver thing, so I've been taking a liver tonic. Still hasn't done a thing.

People comment on it all the time, a lady commented on it at work today and it really upsets me. It makes me feel like a total freak :(

Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be!? I don't have yellow eyes or anything like that, although when I'm sick people comment sometimes that I'm a bit yellow in the face.. I just don't know and I'm so sick of it :(

Help!!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:01 pm

Wow, ive never heard of anything like that before besides people with liver problems, have you seen a doc or a pharmacist??
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:14 pm

I haven't yet, no.. I'm going to go to my doctor in a couple of weeks when I get more time.. Only person I've spoken to is a health food store lady when I bought the liver tonic.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Niglet » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:12 am

Sounds like jaundice.
I believe in the madness called "now".

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQdQcaI/]
[/url]
Niglet

Postby Fireball » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:44 am

I once read an article designed to help you select clothes based on colours that would suit your natural undertones. It stated that we all have a natural hue of either a blue-pink or yellow colour and to look at your inner wrist to determine what your natural colouring is. If you wore certain colours they may tend to higlight a basic colouring more than some other colours would

Since a few people have commented it may be worth a check up. My baby had jaundice and yellow was the indicator for that. If in doubt I always think it is worth checking just to be on the safe side. If nothing else, it puts your mind at rest which is important.

Marcia

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:02 am

dont mean to scare you em, but my dad was pretty yellow and the doctor told him he had hepatitis and later on down the track it was revealed it wasnt hepatitis is was liver cancer.

so get it all checked out at the dr's just for your own peace of mind :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 pm

The only thing I can think of emma is liver function or cancer not to scare you but you should really go & see a doctor jaundice could be a possibility. But go & see somone for a peace of mind.
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:35 pm

Maby pm Mandie & see what she think's
Chelle

Postby Mandie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:11 pm

already pm'ed her :)
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:33 pm

Thanks guys for all your suggestions :)
Thanks for your PM too Mandie, it was a great help! I'm just going to go to the doctors to get checked out sometime soon, I thinks, otherwise I'm just going to stress about it! Health wise I feel fine, getting over a cold but that's it. It's just my hands and feet which are yellow, so not in the white of the eyes which indicates jaundice.. so who knows!! The only way I'll know is to get some tests done!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:47 am

thats good that you are going to get it checked em :) you are probably lacking in some form of vitamin or something :P who knows!
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Em,

My mum eats a lot of pumpkin and that's why she has yellow skin. However I've noticed that you also posted about being cold. Pernicious anaemia which is a B12 deficiency so the body can't normal amounts of red blood cells. It also leads to iron deficiency (see my reply in other thread). As a matter of fact just about any anaemia causes pallor or yellowness.....red blood cells are what gives skin their pink colour.

Could be that....but I'm no doctor (just a humble paramedic!)

Hope this is helpful. Let us know how you get on,
:) Maree
reester33

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Wow, thanks for that info, Maree!! That's really interesting about the vitamin B12 deficiency.. and that's something that's easily tested for too :D I'll mention that to the doctor when I go!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby reester33 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 am

You may like to check out other causes at....

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/ ... causes.htm

Are you taking medication? Here's a link to meds that list yellow skin as a side effect...

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/ ... ffects.htm

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Pretty good info Maree
Chelle

Next

Return to Health and Beauty