It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Doctor's

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Doctor's

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:41 pm

I need to go to the doctor's but I wish I was back at port macquarie because i liked my doctor there..

I'm due for a pap smear & I also want to get that free shot for ovarian cancer. But I don't know anywhere there is a good doctor because I have just recently moved to a new area, i tried one doctor a month or two ago but I didn't like him that much especially when he make's a comment about my age when he ask me if i'm going to have anymore children & I said not at the moment & he made some comment that i should wait anyway till I was older.

I'm just don't know where to go to find a new doctor??
Chelle

Postby Mandie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:45 am

*shrug* it's hard to tell.. do you have some women friends you could ask? without knowing people in the area, its tough to know which doctors are good and which doctor will suit your personality.. an idea might be to try a large practice, where you can see a doctor, see if you like them.. and if you dont, you can switch doctors without switching practices?

remember that its your right to be treated with respect and dignity at the doctors, and you should get along with your doctor. if you're not happy, change!
Mandie

Postby mistix » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:18 am

Good luck finding a new doctor!
mistix

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:43 am

hey chelle my dr down here isnt too good with diagnosing things LOL so i wouldnt send you down here. they have a nurse at the dr's surgery and i get my paps done with her maybe you can find a surgery up that way where a nurse does the womens health. you might be able to see whether she will do the injections for the gardisil as well- she probably does at my dr's surgery because she does all the injections and the dr just comes into the room to check everything. when you go to a new dr make sure they get your old dr to send down your folder so they have a background on you.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:52 am

Hey Chelle I hope you find a good doctor that suits you matey...I know how hard it is to find one!! I have just recently switched doctors as I am due for a pap smear too and I just don't like the thought of "bearing my all" to a male doc.....by chance my daughter had a condition that she wanted to see a female doc for and we were given an appointment with one from the practice we go to. She is really lovely and very understanding......so I hope you can find someone you feel comfy with soon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:55 pm

I love my doctor she is great but it has taken me a while for me to find one since my old Dr retired 6years ago, sometimes you need to shop around a bit to find one that you are comfortable with. Going to a larger paractice seems like a good suggestion, within the practice I go to there are 5 Drs and I am happy to see 2 of them
Goodluck
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:36 pm

I ask my next door neighbour & she said the lady doctor that she goes to has closed her book's because she has to many patients. I'm to busy tommorow I decided to go for a 9.5Km walk tomorrow then after that I'm starting christmas shopping for the kids at the toy sale. The only big medical centre around is a good 30 - 45 min drive so I might go try that next week if i'm not busy. If not the week after that.
Chelle

Return to Health and Beauty