It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

You know what? I'm over it!

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

You know what? I'm over it!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:33 pm

Forgive me, I'm going off on a bit of a rant here.

I am over it.
What am I over? I am over BEING SICK!!!! *(&#$#
In the past month or so, I have had sinusitis, then a cold, then sinusitis again, and I woke up yesterday morning sick as a dog again! I'm not sure if it's the sinusitis still or another cold or something, but my throat is sore and I'm all chesty and coughing. I feel miserable! I've had to take a day off work today without pay because I just couldn't hack going in!!

I waited at the doctors for an HOUR AND A HALF yesterday to be seen, only to be told that I only had slight blockage in my sinuses, so nothing could be done about them. And my blood tests were all fine, so no explanation for the yellow hands.

I can't go to the gym either, because I feel too rubbish. So I feel lazy and fat.

So I think I actually may have found the reason for my recurring sinusitis, and a whole bunch of other things that have been bothering me - Candida Albicans. Basically, a yeast infection inside my body thriving on any sugar and yeast I feed it! It sounds delicious, doesn't it?!

Anywhoo, I'm going on the "Candida Diet" for a week and am going to start taking Grapefruit Seed Extract, which is terrific for killing off Candida. It's going to be so tough - no added sugars (including honey), fruit, dairy (except unsweetened yoghurts with good bacteria in them - here is where my new EasiYo maker comes in!), caffeine (this one isn't so hard), sweeteners (I am going to die) or white refined yeasty products.

I start next week after I finish this lot of antibiotics. Wish me luck guys. :roll:
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:12 pm

hey em i feel so sorry for you. theres nothing worse than sickness i reckon. let us know how you are keeping over the next few weeks. please feel better soon :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey Em sorry you are feeling so yukky at the moment.....I was like that by the middle of last year....I had been sick on and off for 8 months and just got one thing after another (that is how I ended up here actually!!!). I hope you can recover soon and get back to some kind of normalacy.......

All the best with the Candida diet...it is very restrictive, but I knew a woman who went on it and she swears by it.....(she suffered really bad from repeated candida)

I find one of the best things to take when I am on antibiotics is the Inner Heath Capsules from the chemist it helps to replace the good bacteria that gets depleted from your system when you are on anti-b's.....I find it helps control the thrush too....... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby reester33 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey Em,

Try some Immunofort (available from Health food stores). It'll strengthen your immune system which sounds pretty poor at the moment.

Candida albicans is an opportunistic organism which basically means that when your immune system is low the organism multiplies....this leads to Candiasis (a systemic thrush infection). Candida also exists naturally in humans and under usual circumstances poses no threat.

So yes excess carbs and sugar can feed the organism however simply reducing the amount of candida will not help you if you do not boost your immune system as well.

:) Maree

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:40 pm

oh hun (((HUGS))) I cant really say much more than that....thats no good that you feel so awful :( I suppose at least you know the yellow skin isnt something serious? Good luck with the candida diet :) Id be interested in seeing how you go as a constant sufferrer of yeast infections myself :? Good luck with it babe :) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:43 pm

omg let me just say:

thrush is the most uncomfortable thing ever.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:49 pm

I SECOND THAT!!! :twisted: UGH Its horrible! My mum is still a believer in yoghurt you know where but Im not too game :shock: (id rather eat it lol) and canesten is so expensive....Ive read some other remedies (like putting TEA TREE OIL on a tampon!! :shock: wtf is that about??) OW! lol but Im not game to try any of that stuff!
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:55 pm

ive had it twice in my life and i used monostat and it cleared it up but man its worse than some labour blood and goo
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:57 pm

yeah its gross :evil: Ill try that one though next time, never heard of it :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks for the support and suggestions, guys :)
Cheers for the Immunofort suggestion, Maree! I've also bought some Vitamin C & Garlic for the immunity side of things, so hopefully that should have me covered. If not then I'll definitely look into Immunofort!

And yeah, thrush is horrid!!! I got it last time I was on the anti-b's for sinusitis. I remember the first time I got it I was horrified, and it was so painful!!! Just one more lovely thing us females get to put up with!! Although males can get it too and apparently it's worse, but it's a lot rarer!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:16 pm

hey em, sorry to hear you're still not well - hope you're feeling better soon :)
sassi

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:39 pm

It's just not fair, Em!!! You've made so many positive changes over the past year, you'd think that your body would be thanking you, not breaking down every week. I hope your planned method of attack works. Good luck with the diet - hope it's not too awful :(
*hugs*
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Thanks mate :D Hopefully will be fighting fit again!

Sandra - yeah I know, tell me about it :( That's what I said to mum today.. that I eat so well and healthily, and other people get away with eating absolute rubbish and while they may feel yucky briefly from all the fat and grease, they don't actually get sick from it!! And here I am getting my daily serves of fruit, veges, grains etc and my body is rebelling!
Ah well, will see how this Candida Diet and supplements go.. They recommend to go off the pill too, so I'm hoping my body doesn't rebel on me for that too!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:59 am

Sorry to hear you are still not well Emma. The candida diet sounds interesting, let us know how you get on with it. Did you get tested for candida, or just think you have it? I've always though that I might have it, but have never been tested or done anything about it. There was a good website that I came across... it was http://www.candidafree.org (there was a test on there that you can do... my score was through the roof LOL)

Hope you are feeling better soon!
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Hiya Sarah :)

I'll definitely let you all know how I get on with the Candida Diet :) It's going to be tough not having fruit, but I've gotten myself some yeast-free bread and soy milk etc and I'm trying to track down some Quinoa to have for dinners/lunches but it's proving impossible to find!! Coles & Woolies are hopeless, One health shop doesn't have it at all and another is waiting on a shipment :(

I kind of self-diagnosed the Candida through reading all about it. I've got stacks of the symptoms. That site you gave me is actually the very first site I read, it's fantastic!!! I scored 384 :S And it says that if you score over 180 in Women, your symptoms are most certainly yeast related :S :S

Thanks girl :)
zeedeveelgirl

Next

Return to Health and Beauty