It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Birthday sickness

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Birthday sickness

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:48 pm

Yet again I am sick for my birthday (which is on Monday). Having a midwinter birthday means being ill is a regularity. This time it's tonsillitis and although the spots and sore throat have cleared up due to our old friend the antibiotic, the pills themselves don't agree with me much and leave me feeling urrghy. AND I can't have a celebratory beer/wine for my birthday

Ah well, gotta take the whole course. I don't wanna be blamed for the next superbug. I did try to convince the doc I didn't need them, but she wouldn't have a bar of it and told me I had a really bad strep infection and if I didn't have them now I would most likely get worse and be back to see her.

On the good side, it helps with the snacking thing since I can't eat for 2 hrs before and 1/2 hour after taking one of the little buggers. :roll:

That's my whinge for the day
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:07 pm

aw no feel better soon tegan. i guess thats one of the downfalls of having a birthday in winter time. i hope you have a nice birthday anyway for your special day on monday and get better soon
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Hope you feel better soon. It's must suck big time that you cant enjoy the weekend for your birthday you might have to delay it until next weekend. Happy Birthday for monday darl.
Chelle

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:47 pm

i feel so sorry for u :( i had tonsilitis last new years eve and it sucked not being able to celebrate!
but u should definately take the drugs, having your tonsils out is hell on earth :P
Jisgone

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:31 pm

I used to get tonsillitis regularly as a child. The doctor told my parents that if I had it again I would have to have them out. I never complained of a sore throat again (buggered if they were getting my tonsils) and for some reason I stopped getting tonsillitis - maybe the fear stopped it :shock:. Actually I think it was because mum and dad worked out that the chlorine in the pool they were taking me to to help my asthma (swimming good for asthma) was causing it.

Long story short, there's NO WAY my tonsils will be removed unless they are literally necrotic and rotting out of my neck. EVERYONE I know who has had them removed ended up with pneumonia shortly after. This may be entirely contrary to medical opinion, but my point of view is that the tonsils are there as a primary line of defense - the sacrificial anode - you take them out and next stop the lungs. And my lungs have enough to deal with as it is. I prefer to keep all my bits exactly as they are thankyou. So I keep myself nice and healthy and pretty well avoid infections most of the time.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Health and Beauty