It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Eeekk!!

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eeekk!!

Postby shelbel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:23 pm

This is so horribly yuk! I have a burst blood vessel in my eye! :shock: Well at least thats what i think, you know because i looked it up on the internet!! (Must be right then...right?)

The right side of the white of my eye is covered in blood, its really quite scary looking! It doesnt hurt and its not bothering me, besides looking like a freak!

What i wondered was has anyone had this before?? And how long does it take to go away?? I woke up with it on sat and im praying it will be gone by this coming sat! Is there anything i can do to make it go away :?:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:28 pm

ooh sounds severe.. hope youre ok shelly!
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:23 am

my mum had one once. I would suggest going to your doc just to make sure it's nothing too bad - the eye is rather sensitive and you don't want it damaged.

You can get eye drops which shrink blood vessels to make your eyes whiter (for those day after a big night out bloodshot eyes), but I'm guessing this will not work now. It's probably a case of wait till it goes away. If you go to the doc, they will tell you if there is anything you can do.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:58 pm

I would go & see a doctor. You could also pm Mandie & ask for advice.
Chelle

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:49 pm

Thanks guys, i talked to someone today whos had one before too, he said it turns yellow before it goes away, so really looking forward to that!! :? And of course im going out on saturday night, so imagine it will still be there then! :evil: Oh well, cant be helped.

I dont see much need to go to the doc as it doesnt hurt or irritate in anyway, but if it gets worse i'll definantly go to the docs.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:01 pm

oh god shel thats no good at all :shock: I had a friend I went to TAFE with who woke up one morn ing with a burst blood vessel in her eye...dr said nothing to be done...it just went away after about 1.5 weeks....poor girl I remember worrying that she'd been punched or something! (((HUGS))) to you shel! xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Maraver » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:26 am

Shell you need to go to the doctors eyes cannot be replaced, let him tell you it will get better it could be other things so its worth a trip
Pamxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:43 am

yeh he might give you drops or something ?
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:47 am

I never muck around with my eyes - they are too precious. I agree with everyone else - go to the Doctors and let him tell you. Best of luck with it!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby madeline » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:37 am

Yeah i had a bad one a few weeks back... i got shampoo and conditioner in my eye, and then i ran my face under cold water to wash it out... but it was still really itchy/stingy so i kept rubbing my eye. The next day half my eye was red :shock:

It went away after about 4 days, just kept getting smaller, so you should be fine hun :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Return to Health and Beauty