It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Hair Straightener

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hair Straightener

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:03 pm

I'm looking to buy a new hair straightner soon. One that will last for a while & that works properly with my type of hair. I have been through 3 already. So I'm leaning toward either a GHD or a Silver Bullet both RRP are just under the $300 mark so hopefully paying for that price mark it will work & last long. Which one's do you have at home & which one do you rekon is a good buy!!
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm

i have heard great things about ghd's and would really look at buying one if i had the money. i brought my hair straightener ages ago when hair straighening was the 'new trend' its a breville ceramic plate one and it cost me about $80 back in the day. compared to others out on the market now, this one is really bulky and a pain in the backside to be frank! lol. my friend is a hairdresser and when i was looking at buying my straightener she said make sure it gets to a high heat. so make sure the one you are buying reaches a high heat - some cheap ones on the market dont get as hot and thats probably why theyre cheap. good luck and happy straightening!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:38 pm

I have got one at home which I use all the time (I can't wear my hair down without it!). Can't remember the brand though, but it's a big one, and has metal plates not ceramic. I don't think the ceramic plates really get hot enough. Supposedly it's better for your hair to have the ceramic plates, but stuff that... you want something that works!

I also use straightening balm stuff to protect the hair from the heat...
SarahC

Postby Pipsi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:41 pm

My hubby bought me one of the limited edition pink GHDs for Christmas! It is the BEST - my hair is quite long and incredibly thick and the GHD works perfectly! My hair looks so shiny and straight after using it!

Make sure if you get any hair straightener you use a thermal spray with it to protect your hair.

Good luck!
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby gea » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:09 pm

I love my GHD!

It works very well, fast results.

I actually bought mine from the Uk, cheaper than here.
gea

Postby Pipsi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:16 pm

My pink GHD was almost $400 eek (it was limited edition)... but I think you can get the normal ones for just under $300??

They are expensive but fab :)
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby ali » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:43 pm

I have a ghd hair straightener and I love it! I have very long and thick, frizzy hair and this leaves it silky soft and it is so efficient! It is definitely worth spending the money, because it will last and it is the best thing out there.

Make sure you use a heat protection oil on your hair though because of the extreme heat of it, it can damage your hair if you use it too much, but i have never had any problems! That was just a warning I heard from a hair dresser.

The ceramic plates are better for your hair and also ceramic keeps its heat, whereas metal plates lose their heat as you straighten and are therefore less effective. The ghd has a microchip in it which heats it up in 6 seconds and keeps it hot the whole time you use it.

It is great! I would recommend it to anyone! You wont need to buy another hair straightener after you buy this one! Good luck and happy hair straightening!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby ali » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Haha I just read over my msg and it sounds as though I work for ghd and am trying to sell the product! Lol. I dont work for ghd, i just love them! I have been so happy with mine ever since i bought it 1 and a half years ago. They are so great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:48 pm

lol i agree with the girls about using a product in your hair too. i use PLay straightening balm. it cost me $17 and it lasts for ages. i apply that before i actually blow dry my hair and then after straightening i use the swartzkoff (sp?) frizz free balm
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:44 pm

I have a Remmington Wet 2 Straight. I love it its great, saves time because it dries and straightens at the same time. I dont know how much it was because its rude to ask how much your bday present cost! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:17 am

I think the remmington wet to straigtht are around the 50 - 80 mark I use to work at BigW nightfill I had to look after that department.

I think I will buy a GHD I've been on there web site buy have found it cheaper on ebay buy 50 buck's I'm going down to sydney soon for my mum's bday so I'm going to call into a wholsale hairdressing place to see what there prices are like first before I buy.
Chelle

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:42 am

I have the titanuim Silver Bullet which is fantastic, cost me $229, but if money isn't a problem, I would get the GHD.

Its definately the best one out there.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby carls » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:59 pm

i have a ghd and it is the best thing in the entire world of haircare.

so easy and fast to use!!!!

its very expensive, but well worth it!
Image[/url]
carls

Postby Chelle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:39 pm

I finally decided to buy a GHD. I eneded up getting the sumer pack which has 3 travel bags with 5 GHD hair products some cd with the straightner. I got it off Ebay for $285 & it reatail for $375. I recieved it yesterday in the mail. LOVE IT best thing I have bought.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:40 pm

aw wish i had that kind of money to buy one. maybe that will be something for my new years wish list... after a new car of course :)

enjoy it chelle :)
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Health and Beauty