It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:42 am

Free Newsletter

The PAIN!!

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:18 pm

sounds eeewy tegan. i hope you arent in too much pain til then mate
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:13 pm

yeah, fingers crossed this minimal fat diet will keep another attack at bay. I'm having a tsp of lecithin per day which is supposed to help keep the gall bladder stone free (which is weird because lecithin is actually high in fat, but is a particular kind of fat or something :? it's used as an emulsifier which is supposed to keep the goo in your gall bladder from coagulating into stones) either way, I'm just having 1tsp rather than the recommended 3Tbsp :shock:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fireball » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:50 am

The risk factors you mentioned, seems most of the people currently on the forum would meet these criteria.

At least it's not something worse! It sounds like all you efforts really do make a difference. Hope it all sorts out well for you.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:24 am

yeah my hubby has found if he stickes to low fat foods he doesnt get attacks or when he does, they are small.

He has buscopan to take when he has the pain, but it doesnt help much :(
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Hey Tegan I had my gall bladder removed years ago now and have had no trouble since.....the pain is unbearable from ongoing attacks and believe me it gets worse the more attacks you have....in the long run you are better off to have the operation and get it over and done with.....

some other things to look out for with gallstones is not just the fatty food (the main culprit) but also too much spicey food, stone fruit and wholemeal breads.....it doesn't affect everyone this way, but it can, so just keep an eye out for these foods in your diet (don't avoid them unless they cause your pain to flare) but it always pays to just look out for the signs of an attack from certain foods....there are some more too, but they were my main culprits...your doc should be able to give you a list of foods to be cautious of.

I hope you get it sorted out soon. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks for that Ally! It is reassuring that other people have had no trouble after removal. All my doc said re diet was "keep doing what you're doing!" So I figure if the shoe fits!! :lol:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:41 pm

Yeah that is right mate it is trial and error for sure I know it was with me.....I cut out all fatty and spicey food and still had attacks and that was when the doc said to me "oh there is other foods to look out for too" :roll: (well thanks doc, could you not have told me that earlier!!! LOL)

It is great that you don't have to do anything with your diet Tegan, it always helps to know that you are on the right track....

I was out of hospital in 2 days and I was a bit sore and sorry for myself, but returned to work after 2 weeks as an AIN (at a nursing home) and was on light duties until the 6th week because my job involved lifting of the residents and showering etc, but after that it was an absolute breeze.....I had it done by keyhole surgery and you are only left with a couple of little scars no more than about 1.5cm in length!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:01 am

I discovered yesterday that what I had suspected was right - cheese sets mine off. I had a couple slices and it got sore, not reall bad, but tender.

Avoiding cheese especially much now.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:31 am

ah you poor thing having to avoid cheese. Cheese does have a lot of fat in it though no wonder it sets you off.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:02 am

yeah, I'm not going completely stupid with it, just avoiding it where possible (e.g. not in sadwiches, not eating slices as I prepare dinner, etc.) White cheeses don't seem to have that effect though, just the yellow varieties.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:00 pm

I know how you feel. Im having my gallbladder out tomorrow. so glad coz I'm so sick of the pain. Hope yours is doing better..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:57 am

oh wow, hope it goes well for you!!!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:10 pm

I had mine out a few years back with key hole surgery. It was fantastic! It was so painful before hand and I have had no issues since. But you have to be more careful of how much fat is in your diet once its out. Apparently you're more likely to put on weight after. I had a real easy operation, I had very little pain the next day and was back to work and normal life within the week.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:22 pm

I was told by my doc that you can just eat the usual - apparently the liver just drip feeds into the stomach the same stuff that the gall bladder regulated.

But I don't eat all that much fat anyway :wink:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Had another attack last night. :cry:

Had just left work for my ride home and whammo. Pain of all pains. tried calling the bloke's mobile, no frigging answer (he was in the shower after having gotten drenched on the ride home) then called the ambos who said they were really busy and couldn't get to me till about 20 min so there I was on the bike track, hanging in there. Finally got hold of the bloke who came and got me (cancelled the ambo as the bloke was coming and the pain had backed down a couple of notches to about a 7/10).

The bloke took me to hospital and the trip was agony. Every bump in the road was like a knife in my stomach. Then had to wait 4hrs in the waiting room - they offered me panadol and I told them I didn't think that would help so they found a doc to give me some panadeine forte whcih took the edge off a bit. The pain alternated between about a 5 and 7. then they took me in and pumped me full of 2lt saline (I was so dehydrated they couldn't get the needle in) and some morpheine. The pain then went away, but as the morphiene wore of I started feeling sick and chucked. So they gave me maxilon to stop the nausea (which they figured was because I hadn't eaten since 3pm), made sure the pain wasn't coming back and discharged me around 2:00am.

I then vomited all down the side of the bloke's car along the highway. I ate a piece of toast when I got home to settle my stomach. Then promptly vomited it up. Got to sleep and woke up today pretty worn out really. hence not much doing today.

I can't wait till the little sucker is removed now. Any doubt about having it out is GONE GONE GONE!!!

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Beauty