It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Low Blood Pressure

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Low Blood Pressure

Postby Chelle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 pm

I had my personal training session today & he checked my blood pressure & said that I had low blood pressure reading, but not that low that you should go to hospital.

Does anyone know what that mean's because my blood pressure has alway's been perfect, I feel a bit tired today & feel a bit stressed lately with everything that is going on with my life. What should I do to bring it back to normal????
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:35 pm

can be due to poor hydration - ie you haven't drunk enough. If it has been hot it may be that your blood vessels are more dilated than usual.

OR there may be a more suspicious cause, like a heart problem - but you'd probably know about that by now if it were serious. I have slightly low blood pressure and frequently have "dizzy spells" when I get up. My heart also sometimes does this weird thing where it kinda feels like it stops for a bit then races to catch up with itself... did that make sense? I've had both checked out and it's fine.

If you are worried or have a history in your family of low blood pressure, you can always get your GP to check it. http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/BHCV ... enDocument
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Thank's Teagan for the information. It did say fatigue & emotional stress is one of the symptom's so I gather that's why it is low.
Chelle

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey

I have low blood pressure too! Ugh....are you eating enough? That can cause low blood pressure.

Also, liquorice causes an increase in blood pressure...... eat too much and your blood pressure will be sky high.

I was informed to eat 6 meals a day........ helps with low blood pressure!
help6363

Return to Health and Beauty