It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

STRETCH MARKS!!!

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:42 am

Mine lightened a little after massaging a concentrated vitimin E cream into them for about a month. But honestly I think they've become least noticeable due to weight loss!

I have a bunch of scars over different areas of my body, some stretch marks.. and some not. But really it doesn't bother me anymore, you can only do what you can, and try and accept what you can't. Most of the clothing I like to wear hides them anyway. And anyone worth having around me isn't going to care if I've got a few stretch marks once I've lost my weight. If they have any sort of a heart at all they'll be more impressed that I'm changing what I can change :D

But, obviously as we all know for personal reasons, even if no one else sees it, there are still things that bug us. So yes - bio oil, vitimin E, a good massage, continued weight loss and hope for the best! :)
Misstoodles

Postby Rustie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Yeh i was 15 when i had my daughter and i dropped from 68 or so kgs full term to 54 kgs 2 days after i had her. My stretch marks annoy me aswell but its appart of life now.. Until i can have a tummy tuck on day :P

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Amaranthine » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:14 am

I have REALLY bad stretchmarks from when I had my little girl 2 years ago.
They were bright red and purple, and they've faded a lot, I used bio oil occasionally but didnt use anything everyday, and they've faded naturally.
So they do fade naturally I think the creams and oils just speed the process up a little.
-Rhi
Amaranthine

Re: STRETCH MARKS!!!

Postby Nikerz82 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:36 am

I reckon laser surgery would proberly get rid of them and Im guessing that along with a tan lipo and tummy tuck is how the celebs get rid of them, Having a tummy tuck pulls the skin so tight your stretch marks bascially dissappear again depending on how bad they are. My friend has the hottest body in the world and she has stretchmarks on her tummy from bearing 3 kids but shes toned, tight and tanned and when you see her in a bikini you dont even notice the battle scars. I think everyone has stretchmarks they are like freckles and bodyhair it just depends on how bad or how noticable, I think even the most perfect bodies would have one somewhere. I know how you feel though, I got them everywhere, they are large thick sliver indentations and before that they were red and purple and I looked like a road map.
Nikerz82

Postby Nikerz82 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am

Oh and I love the bio oil I think its brilliant. It faded and softend my scars better then anything else Ive tried. ( You can get Bio oil at Priceline )
Nikerz82

Postby senoritanita » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:03 pm

i've been using rosehip oil twice a day for about 6 months & it has faded my stretch marks immensley, you can barely see them now. I really didn't expect it to work but I highly recommend it! I bought mine from skin actives.com.
26.1 kgs lost... 23kgs to go (and counting!)
start date 13/09/07
senoritanita

Postby katerina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:27 am

I am working at my pregnancy strechmarks too :mrgreen: .
I am going twice a week to anticellulite massage and my terapist work very hard on those marks. He said they will not dissapear , but will fade. I also use a scrub everytime I am bathing. I use grounds of cofee ( after I drink the coffee :lol: ) mixed with honey and I am scrubing energic my strechmarks. After that I use a hydrating lotion.
Interesting ideea the rose hip oil. Can anybody help me? English is not my native language. Rose hip si wild rose??
Not a very good english speaker, but I am tryin'

katerina

Postby Rachel85 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 am

I have a lot from having 2 children and I really need something too to help lighten them at least since you can't ever fully get rid of them.
Rachel85

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:25 pm

katerina wrote:.
Interesting ideea the rose hip oil. Can anybody help me? English is not my native language. Rose hip si wild rose??

Hi Katerina,
sorry it's late but, here's a definition
"It is produced from rose hips, which are the seed pod that is left after the rose petals fall off of the plant. The oil that is derived from rose hips, known as rose mosqueta or rose hip oil is very nutritious and actually consists of 80 percent essential fatty acids."

in other words, they get it from this bit of a rose after the petals fall off

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby qtpie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 pm

I got stretch marks when i was in high school on the inside of my thighs, mhips and outer thight and on my bust area, now due to rapid wight gain (no from pregnancy) i have them on ly stomache, my waist and and top of my thighs, there goes my bikini body, i use bio oil on them, what legendary stuff that is!!!
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby Freddy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:07 am

I've read somewhere that aloe vera helps to get rid of stretchmarks and scars.

I can't be bothered to give it a try though, as I have a load of stretchmarks myself too.
Got into a growth sprint in both height and widht some years ago, giving me stretchmarks on my knees, belly, arms (starting from the inside of my elbows up to my shoulders).
Freddy

Postby qtpie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:30 pm

rosehip oil is supposed to be better than bio oil with some more long term benefits

FAILED

qtpie

Postby Samantha Jean » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:42 pm

I haven't tried it for stretch marks but it is suppose to be great.

A friend of mine was doing fire breathing/dancing or whatever it's called with those sticks on the beach at schoolies week on the gold coast (10 years ago mind you) and the wind changed direction and blew the fire back into her face and she was very badly burnt. She was using rose hip oil on her face for a while after that and does not have one scar from it now!

I should try it on my stretch marks... 3 kids later a little worse for wear... lol.
Samantha Jean

Postby qtpie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:47 pm

it's suposed to be fantastic for scaring as well, i guess stretch marks r a form of scarring

FAILED