It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

HELP... How to style my hair!

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP... How to style my hair!

Postby Cass101 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Ok here is the thing, for one of my rewards I am going to one of the best hairdressers in Melb. I haven't been to the hairdressers for nearly a year after the last time I got my hair cut the stupid hairdresser hacked at it and I ended up looking like I had a mullet (not what i wanted).

Anyway my actual question is: How should i get my hair cut? I have super thick hair and it has waves/curls. I don't know if i should go short or not because short hair on me goes boof! Any photos of celebs that have a good cut would be good. I had been thinking like martha of H&A because her hair is similar to mine but it is always hard looking at a cut on someone skinny!

ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:35 pm

lol i dont watch home and away since flynn first came on the scene and jude was in it lol. however i think if its the best hairdressers in melbourne they can help you out. my friend is my hair dresser and when she cuts my hair she will take a bit off at a time instead of going full throttle. when it gets the the length that i want then i tell her. i try and be specific when telling her what i want. last time i went in and asked for katie holmes' new hair cut - the bob. taking in a picture from a magazine is a good idea too. although once i took a pic in to some other hair dresser for my year 10 formal hair do and it didnt turn out anything like it! lol. how disgusted was i!
kate_turner2000

Postby Cass101 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 pm

I tried to be really specific with the last hair dresser, i even got her to cut it again after she finished because it wasn't how i liked it... guess she didn't care how i wanted it. I think i am paranoid about having my hair cut because when I was 6 we lived on a property and only had a tank for water (for everything!) and my hair was to my knees so my dad came up with a pair of scissors (just after my older sister had just finished the painful job of brushing my hair and putting it in ponytails) and cut it off infront of the hair tie! I still have the hair, it is really beautiful!

I think I'll have to go and get some mags and cut out everything I like and have a good old chat with them... and then i have to choose a colour! :shock:
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[/url]
Cass101

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Kate is right, definately get the opinion of the hairdresser....*sigh* yes Ive had a mullet too :shock: I was soooo mad It was meant to be short and layered and it was sort of short at the front and layered with a mullet at the back :shock: I was due to go on a date the next day and I had to call and cancel cos I looked so horrible :( lol looong time ago now! I went to the hairdresser (different one!) to get connor's hair done, I said I wanted it number 2, I was talking to the apprentice and when I turned around they had completely shaved him skin head bald with nothing but a big fringe at the front! :shock: It was disgusting! :roll: So they had to shave it off on the spot! (hehe he has a cute spiky thing going on now so all good!) :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Cass101 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:07 pm

some hair dressers make me mad. This wasn't the first time I'd had a bad cut either. When I'm not happy I make them half the cost (never had anyone object although sometimes they say 'what have I done wrong I can change it' and I say 'I want to go home with some hair!'). I know everyone can have a bad day, but one bad day for them means at least 3 bad months for me!

I assume connor is your boy? I haven't taken my boy to the hair dressers yet (2.5 yrs) I have given him a little cut but I could never shave his head he has these beautiful blond curls that everyone seems to stop and comment on! And they all say how did he get blond hair both your hair is soo dark! After about the 100th time my hubby joked and said is there something I should know!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[/url]
Cass101

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:32 pm

aaaw cute! :D yea connor is my little boy (4 1/2 years) he had blonde curls too as a bub :) As it got longer it was really hard for us to manage (he HATES having his hair washed, so that always was (and still is!) a huge battle! Sooo much worse with curls! :shock: ) So now its short on the sides and spiky on top, I gel it up sooo cute! :lol: He looks a lot more grown up too ;)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:21 pm

my hairdresser (before she took over the salon she brought) the business always said that if you arent happy with it even a week after come back in. i had my hair coloured a week before my engagement party and the day of the party i went in for them to straighten it nicely for the big day and the colour had faded so they re-did it for nothing right there and then. theyre good like that :)

my heidi is 21 months old and i have cut her fringe twice and i trimmed the back of her hair the other day. she has curls :)
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:06 pm

I have really thick wavy hair and I get it cut in long layers.

heres a pic:

I use one of these to blow dry it:

and then go over it with my Silver bullet straightener.

If I want to go curly then I wash my hair then put in some anti frizz cream then plait my hair or I go to sleep with it damp and when I wake up its curly but not frizzy
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 pm

aww i had a huge post about this but i dunno where it went :(
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Cass101 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:59 am

Thanks everyone!

electrongirl your hair is very similar to mine (although I am envious of your skin, mine is eczema covered :cry: ) I really like how yours is cut! How long does it take to straighten it? It usually takes me at least an hour to blow dry, then I just cant be bothered straightening it!

Thanks again. I would post some pics of my hair but I'm not game until I have lost some weight or my eczema goes away.
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[/url]
Cass101

Postby electrongirl » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:10 am

it takes about 30 mins with the Vidal sassoon airstyler and that pretty much straightens it, I go over it with my straightener to smooth it down, only about 10 mins for that.

I actually get my hubby to do it now. Its easier and quicker that way.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby BusyMum » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:40 am

I have a shower and wash my hair before I go to bed so that it is dry by morning. Then if i have a shower in the morning I just wear a shower cap so it doesnt get wet. It takes me 20mins max to straighten my hair. I have a straightner from stefan. They are exactly the same as the GHD ones (best you can get) but half the price! Definately reccomend it if you want to try a new straightner.
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby Cass101 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks busy mum I will look into that straightner, I was going to get the GHD one so its worth a look!

lol if i go to bed with wet hair i wake up with wet hair! my hair is sooo thick! I can only was my hair in the morning and if I let it dry naturally it is still usually wet in the arvo! A real pain, and all the hairdressers go you have lovely thick hair I wish they knew how impractical it is!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[/url]
Cass101

Postby BusyMum » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:07 am

lol. Mine is usually still a little damp in the morning. But not wet. You could always blow dry before bed to save time in the morning. I think I am just a night time person. And I would rather spend time doing things before bed then having to get up too early to get ready in the morning. You may be different though.

The stefan straightners are great. I payed $150 for mine. So heaps cheaper than the GHD. But I have been told by the staff there that they are EXACTLY the same. So I dont see the point in spending the extra money for the brand name.

Good luck with whatever you get. I love the hairdresser but I rarely get to go :cry:
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby Cass101 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 am

I love the hairdressers too but I am scared of being disappointed! I suppose thats why I'm willing to spend a small fortune to go to a really good hairdresser! I love having my hair washed styled and cut by someone else sooo relaxing! He he he I still have to wait until I am 80kg or below! (hopefully I'll have an idea when that will be soon, cause I want my hair cut before chrisy but probably everyone else does so it will be hard to get an appointment!)
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[/url]
Cass101

Return to Health and Beauty