It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Free Newsletter

yo yoing

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

yo yoing

Postby mimosa8 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:39 pm

LONG STORY BE WARNED lol

I have been yo yoing with my weight and diet since I was in my teens going from 60-80kg and back. I have always been slightly overweight but I think I have one of those body types that puts weight on easily.. never been much of an exerciser.
Plus I am only 5'4 so any kgs shows.
At school I was teased for being overweight and a nasty girl in year nine followed me around saying "boom barda.. boom barda" and that was just part of it. I had low self esteem then and sometimes emotionally ate.. Anyway, when I was in year 10 I got really skinny (stopped eating ) did that for 6 months and then yo yoed after that for a few years. When I was 20 I weighed 75kg and joined weight watchers, I had been at uni and eating whatever my boyfriend at the time was eating (pizza large pastas) I had no idea about portion size and low carb eating. I lost weight on ww Points and got down to 63kg.
When uni finished my mum was taking tenuate (pills) and I was staying at her house for a while when she went overseas for a 2 week holliday. I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 3 years and was pretty low. Took her meds and was amazd by the energy they gave me and how easy it was to loose weight. In 3 months I had gotten my weight down into the 50's. By the end of the year I was only eating 1 meal per day.. and may i add.. geting a bit crazy.. I was on these on and off for 2 year (my own script).. dont know why they gave them to me. I got down to 47kg, my skin was breaking out and my hair falling out, sometimes I would take them and they no longer worked. Finally I went all spaced out and couldnt think straight. Deceided that I had no boobs and needed a boob job, had surgery, became inactve, couldnt go to work, put on 3-5kg, deceided to have lipo. ate watever I wanted for 1 week. gained 4kg.. thought owh well they will suck it all off and I will look amazing. after the pain and surgery, they had pumped 3kg of fluids in me i was bloated and now up to 62kg. waited for it to come off but it took 6 weeks for the swelling to go down and in that time I ony lost the 2 kg. (the doctor told me after the surgery he had taken 2l fat = 2kg) I could have punched him.. I could have lost that in a week of exercise. BOTTOM LINE dont do it 10,000 down and 2kg off me, bruised and battered wearing a granny garment. NEVER used the drugs again. Put on more weight that year struggling with depression (post pills) tried walking, diet but always out of control overeating at times. Got up to 66kg.
Started at the gym after meeting a sexy guy. Thoguht to myself I can loose this.. went to the gym for months 1hr+ per day, diet still wasnt great but lost 5kg. Then found the atkins diet. went low carb and got to 57kg, felt awful, wanted bread all the time. when fell off "induction" gained the weight back quickly to 62-63kg... looked into "lipoissolve" where they inject you with solution that dissolves fat. could only afford it for one area, he assured me that it was a great procedure. went to toorak clinic to have it done.. it was torture, he said it wasnt reall going t hurt becasue the injections had anaesthetic in them, he gave me 200 needles, it felt like torture, the things you do for weight loss!! Went to my bf house I was swelled and bleeding from the injection site and i looked pregnant. got pains in my kidneys the next few weeks apparantly this is from the drug being excreted as it breaks down the fat. At the end of it the swelling went down and I was still 63 kg. did induction anothe 4 times and came to the same conclusion, EAT HEALTHY AND EXERCISE.. there is no quick remedy. Lately I am 61.7kg. Pretty good for me. still a way to go all my clothes are 3-4 kg too tight! now I am taking a leaf from all books and incorporating them, more fibre, more veg, fruits, healthy lean proteins and water.. protein shakes if i dont have time to prepare and eating ever 3-4 hours. trying to think thin when I can, It is still depressing at the shops when you try things on you think you look like sienna miller until you get the outfit on and it is too tight muffin top. you think.. who did this to me? ANSWER; I did..
Trying to be more moderate, This website is a godsend, so supportive and encouraging and not disordered, keeps me focused.
Thanks for reading. Current goal.. to get under 60kg to 58 by the end of November.

Anyone else had experiences with the same or similar as me? I would be interested to read them..
Mimosa
mimosa8

Postby Chelle » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:52 pm

Thankyou for sharing your story, you have been through alot havent you, with a lot of money down the drain. But you are on the righ track now which is a good thing & congrat's There is no quick fixes diet, the best thing that you have realised is eat healthy, exercise & drink lot's of water is going to get you where you want to be. I've never been in your situaton before but I thankyou for comming out & telling what you have been through & if there is anyone on this forum that have been down your track you can inspirer them to choose the better path.
Chelle

Postby mimosa8 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Definately. Thanks for reading. I hope my mistakes wont be repeated by others. It has taken me a long time to learn the hard way that the best way is the slow and steady way..

Thankyou for your reply.
xx
mimosa8

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanks for sharing your story.

I haven't been through those same things but your story certainly puts me off liposuction!

I think it's great that you are making healthy changes now. Well done!
Mandie

Postby Chelle » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 pm

That's alright Mimosa
Chelle

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Woah, girl!!! You've been through it all!!! *hugs* If I was ever thinking of an easy solution for weight loss, you've just put me right off it!!! A healthy diet and exercise truly is the only way to a healthy weight. Sounds like you've righted yourself now :) Can't have been an easy journey mate!
zeedeveelgirl

Return to True Stories