It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

Natalie's story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Natalie's story

Postby natalie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:25 am

Hello I have been a member here for a couple of weeks now and I think its time I told my story.

As a child I was the smallest girl in my class but all that changed when I went through puberty.I gained 30 kilos within 18 months and shot up to 180 cm tall.Let me tell you that those "growing pains are real" :lol: I was 100 kilos by the time I was 15 years old and my realationship with food was quite poor.I used food as a soother because I was being bullied at school.

At 16 I could not take any more of the abuse so I left school and got a job. I was doing alot of incedental exersise at the time so I managed to loose 16 kilos without trying and my weight got down to as low as 84 kilos.

At 19 I met my first boyfriend and not long after we moved in toogether.I shot up to over 120 kilos within a year and at my 21st I was at my all time heaviest of 123kg.

When we split up 4 years later I managed to loose 20 kilos but I didint have to try as it was all due to stress.I should have kept going as it did feel good to loose all that weight but when I met my husband the weight started to creep back on slowly.I used to love cooking meals for us and we would snuggle up on the couch toogether and watch movies and snack on crap......

It was jan 8th 2005 when I woke up with chest pains.I was frightened and I turned to my husband and I said I cantgo on like this anymore.I was so so unhappy to the point I considered ending it all because my life had become a misery because of my size.
I was afraid of going out because people were "staring at me" but in reality they probably wernt but in my mind they were.
I had zero confidence and I could not find anything to fit me that didint look to old on me.

On that morning of jan 8th I was staring down the barrel of turning 30 that August and it was in that moment that I literally "snapped"
I knew in that moment something had changed and there was no going back.I went out that day to rebel sport and purchased a treadmill and I started the fight for my life.

It has been jst over a year since that day and I have lost 37.9 kilos to date.I feel so good about myself now.I feel like a new person and I am looking forward to loosing a further 12 kilos or so to get to goal.

I am about to go down to a weight I have not been since I was 12- 13 years old and I am so exited as I know 100 percent it is going to happen because I will make it happen.

Phisically I look like a different person but inside I am still the same Nat everyone knows but isint it amazing how differentley people trest you when you loose weight????It freaks me out becuause I am still me.I might have alot more confidence as a result of loosing all that weight but I am still me inside.

I am now on the last leg of my journey as at the start I had almost 50 kilos to loose.I am on the home straight now and nothing is going to get in my way.I have well meaning people in my life telling me to stop now and that I have lost enough weight but I am still 6 kilos away from the top of my healthy weight range and I want to get to 75 kilos.I think this is a relistic height for me as I am almost 6 feet tall and I have a medium to large frame.

I look forward to getting to goal soon and sharing the rest of my journey with you all.

Natalie :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

Postby Dolly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 am

Natalie, your story brings tears of joy. Don't let all those well meaning family and friends slow you down from getting into the healthy weight range, just because they may be a bit chubby. You are soooo going to make this happen.
Your story brings a refreshed awakening that we can do this too.
Thank you so much for sharing it, it's renewed my strength to go on.
Last edited by Dolly on Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:30 am

Thankyou Dolly for your confidence in me...Yes it is going to happen for me dont you worry about that :D

Why is it that people can see you are doing so well and yet they want to cut you down?I even have a lady here at work who wont talk to me now that I have lost some weight.

It really is dissapointing.. :cry: ..I know for a fact that if I was still big and I saw someone loose all that weight I would be inspired and not jealous as this lady appears to be.

I now know why jealousy really is a sin.It is a horrible emotion.

natalie

Postby Dolly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:54 am

I'd say your friend has moved from admiration to jealousy because she knows if she did manage to have the strength to lose that much weight, she would never look as good as you do. She has probably heard other people say admiring thing about you (maybe even someone she secretly likes has said nice things about you)
She doesn't realize you are really the same person, you've just taken your fat coat off.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:58 pm

I never looked at that way but it makes sense....
Its her problem anyway not mine.A real friend would not act like that anyway.

Thanks for offering another perspective on it.

Cheers!

natalie

Postby LadyBug » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Natalie... I think you are an absolutely inspiration and although i dont know you, i am so very proud of you.

You have inspired so many people, even that chick at your work.
GOOD ON YOU NAT!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

xoxo
xoxo ~Ali

[/url]
LadyBug

Postby Dolly » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:06 pm

Yes Natalie, you do rock!
I've been thinking about your friend at work, perhaps she isn't so much jealous, perhaps she just has a low self esteem and now that you are gorgeous she may need your friendship even more.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:47 am

Thankyou so much Lady bug :oops:

I am flattered by your words and I am not used to being praised like that but it feels good :)

Just for the record YOU ROCK 2!

Your weight loss to date is really inspirational and this is deffinatley your year to shine...Tell me though what made you snap? Did you have "that moment" where you just knew something had to change?

natalie

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:54 am

HI Dollly

How are you? I dont know what that ladys prob is at my work.I dont see her around as much as I used to because we work in different areas now but she has stopped talking to me completley now.I used to get a friendly hello when I saw her around the organisation but not now.

I dont know her outside of work anyway so she means nothiong to me.The thing is she is not fat herself but I just think she is one of those people who hate to see others achieving their goals.

Maybee she does have a low self esteem but she is still a censored.I remember when I was at my biggest but I never had tall poppy syndrome.

Thankyou for your kind words Dolly - very much appreciated and thankyou for all your support aswell - it all helps.

natalie

Postby LadyBug » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:09 am

Aaawwww Nat... credit where credit is due :lol:

I didnt have a snap moment like you... i think i had a series of snap moments. I put on 5 kgs over the xmas period alone.

When i weighed myself on new years eve i was 109 kgs... heavier than i was when i was full term pregnant :oops: THAT was my major snap moment, i felt down and out for days... didnt want to go anywhere etc etc. Walking upstairs with my 1 yr old to change her nappy, i would be huffing and puffing.

I was sick of it, i have told only my Ex (my baby'y dad) that i am on a diet... well a lifestyle change.... we are still good mates and he is a great support. No one else knows, so when they notice it it really spurs me on.

Ok enough from me :D

xoxo
xoxo ~Ali

[/url]
LadyBug

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:56 am

Lady bug

I also gained 5 kilos over christmas 2004!!!!
I was 118 when I broke up from work and when I got on the scales on jan 8th I almost died :lol:

I was 123kg and I realised I had gained 5 kilos in 2 weeks! I must admit while I was on hollidays I ate like a pig - when we went to sydney I think I caused a food shortage :lol:

Natalie 8)

natalie

Postby Fairie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi Natalie,

What an inspiration you are, you have done so well.

To be on the "home straight", I can only imagine how you are feeling and I'm so happy for you. :D

Stories like yours are more motivational than any on the Biggest Looser.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby natalie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:23 am

Hi fairie

Thankyou for your compiments *blushes* :oops:
You are doing so well yourself.You must feel great after your weight loss so far.How long have you been at it? Do you follow any particular program or are you doing this yourself?

Cheers!
Natalie. :)

natalie

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi Everyone

what a great site you have here.Im sure that it keeps you all motivated :D you are all doing very well Ladies

i have just popped in to see the site (my sister told me about it) my sister is Natalie (hi Nat :D )
i hope i dont :oops: you!

i said it before and would like to say it again
im very proud of you, you have lost sooo much weight and gained so much confidence you are a new person totaly
you have alot to offer people who are trying to acheive their weight loss goals
stick together girls and make it happen :D
well done sis!!
Julie x

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:12 pm

Hi Julie, nice to meet you. We'd be lost without your sisters input, Natalie has guided so many of us and is always quick to comfort or offer help to people needing answers.

Please feel free to visit us frequently (even if it's just to stir up your sis, teehee :lol: )

Dolly

Next

Return to True Stories