It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Name calling

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Name calling

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Ahh poo to him. I fart in his general direction.

I feel sorry for him. How sad to have to get drunk and stupid to feel ok to approach a girl - and then screw it up by being a moron. Imagine what his life is like? He probably wakes up in the morning and can't remember how to tie his own shoelaces he's IQ is so low. He's lucky you even deigned to share the same location with him, nay, even the air on the earth. he'll probably end up sad, pathetic and alone and begrudging the world because Claudia Schiffer didn't fall over herself in love with him, without ever realising the tosser that he really is, thereby losing the chance to ever make those wonderful changes to a caring person. Even worse, he'll marry some shallow 2 bob tart (a female reflection of himself, you know, the kind who are attracted to men like him) and then never be happy because NEITHER of them have people skills enough to survive working even as a garbage disposal worker (no offence to any garbage workers on the site).

Laugh at him. He's obviously a clown.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:25 pm

The saddest thing is he wasn't that great himself!! He would've been probably 10 years younger than me but even if I was still 21, I wouldn't have given him a second glance!

If I'd stooped to his level I would've told him so...not that it mattered...he obviously loves himself enough for everyone!! OR, on the other hand, maybe he doesn't and thats the problem..?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Pandora » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:28 pm

LOL, yeah i've copped more "ungracious" comments about my appearance from people who look like they belong in a carnival themselves! *just saying!* :twisted: and yet when i'm thin it's the same kind of people who assume i'd go out with them? (yo-yo dieter here)

hope it hurts less now ali :)

pandora
Pandora

Postby ForeverChange » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 am

Hy, I've always hated name calling :x I remember in school how people would make fun of this girl for being "bigger" Ughh I really didn't like that, I just felt like coming up to them and saying if they had any feelings towards others they'd know better than that. Sorry to hear what happened to you (arrg!) hopefully the next time he shuts his mouth, before someone does it for him.

Take Care, I know it would bother me as well, a lot were sensitive when it comes to weight.
Weight-157/Goal-130
ForeverChange

Postby Kimmie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:36 pm

Oh *hugs* hun. I totally understand this one. And if it helps, you really will forget about it in time.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago (incidentally the night I met my ex). Some w**ker was drunkenly hitting on my friend, she was firmly telling him where to shove it, not trying to be polite about it either. I thought I would pipe up to drive the point home, and he responded with some stupid remark about me being jealous because she was so much prettier/hotter/something than me (I honestly don't remember what he said anymore lol). Yep, I was devastated at the time, and I cried when drunk that night, and then several times in the following weeks when I was sober. And now all I can think is what a waste of humanity. Same as that sh**head bloke from your true story, does he really think he's endearing himself to pretty girls by displaying a complete lack of humanity?!? Really... What a douche.

I know it's hurtful as hell, but he is a compassionless waste of space. And you are totally strong and awesome! :D
Kimmie

Postby leeni.s2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:10 pm

although i have never personally been called any names, i can imagine how hurt you can get by it.
sometimes people dont have to even say anything, but just the looks they give you can hurt.
many times i have walked through town to a friends place, still dressed in my work clothes so im not looking too flash. but walking past pubs and other places, i get looked up and down from certain people, and the look they give you.. it's not very nice.
but in the same night, ill walk past them again, but this time, dressed up, make up done, and hair straightened, and what do you know, the same guys will try to chat me up.. i hate it. i hate how they have to judge you by the way you look/dress.
i was the same person when i walked past them the first time.
although you can say, you'll get over, you'll probably still hear it at the back of your head from time and again.
the only thing you can do is just keep doing what you're doing!

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby Chaypeta » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:09 am

Hi Ali,

What a dipstick... makes a fool of himself and then tries to cover it over by dissing out out on some one else.

Here's the line I use: "I may be fat but you're stupid and I can loose weight."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Postby LillyPilly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:26 pm

That is horrible.

What business of his is it to judge :twisted:

He is the type of man who needs to put others down to make himself feel good. I cannot stand people like him.
LillyPilly

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Aww, he was just a jerk i know easier said then done but try not to let it bother you. When your at your goal slim self he is going to probably want to you then lol and thats when you can let him have it :lol:
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby Livy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:10 pm

You know Ali, the world is full of people who think they have a right to judge, or critizize others. I'm a size 18, and have lost count of the amount of times people ask me "When is the baby due?". The first 5 or so times, I was so ashamed, so embarrassed, I would just stammer red faced that I wasn't pregnant.
I then decided to change my self talk from "Well, you DO look pregnant Liv, they didn't MEAN it, You just took it the wrong way" to "They have NO RIGHT to speak to you that way, DON'T let them get away with it!!".
Just recently, only a few weeks ago, I had a lady from work ask how much longer I was working. (as in, I am heavily pregnant and will go on maternity leave soon). Ironically, I am pretty, well dressed, wear make-up beautifully and was dressed in a business suit and heels. She was a slob, in long pants and a crinkled blouse, and was about 1 size smaller than me. She asked at the top of her lungs, in front of a room full of collegues. That was the clincher. I turned to her ( I had met her maybe 3 times?), looked her in the eye and said "What on earth do you mean? I'm not leaving work anytime soon?!". ... "Well, she stammered, I just presumed....". I replied "Well Sweetheart, NEVER presume. I am NOT pregnant and I find you to be not only rude, but quite offensive!!, I suggest that in future, you should be a little more cautious before you open your mouth!!".
I walked off, smiling, while the whole room looked at this woman, who was red as a beetroot, and obviously was very embarrassed. DON'T let anyone get away with speaking to you badly. There is no need to be rude, or namecall, but these people do need to realize (even those who say they 'didn't mean it that way!') that it's NOT acceptable to be so insulting and rude to others. I felt really empowered, and totally flipped the situation from ME feeling humilated and upset, to HER realizing what a complete philistine she'd been. Next time she goes to make a snarley comment to someone, she may just think again.

People like her, and the man who insulted you, have big issues of insecurity, and therefore attempt to make themselves feel better by putting others down. I used to wait for my friends, or husband, or boyfriend to stand up for me and say "HEY!! How DARE you speak to my friend/wife/girlfriend like that!!" but they never did. They were/are frightened of the retalliation. I don't wait any longer. I say it like it is, and stick up for myself!!! If they want to retalliate to me BRING IT!!!

If a person is every again rude to you, try not letting him off the hook. The man who upset you got on with his day without giving you a second thought, and yet his offhand comment to you has upset you longterm on a much deeper level.
You have to learn to fightback!!!
Don't be nasty. Just tell it like it is. A simple "Excuse me!!??" can make a King of the Castle look like a Joker.
:wink:
Livy

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Livy wrote:You know Ali, the world is full of people who think they have a right to judge, or critizize others. I'm a size 18, and have lost count of the amount of times people ask me "When is the baby due?". The first 5 or so times, I was so ashamed, so embarrassed, I would just stammer red faced that I wasn't pregnant.
I then decided to change my self talk from "Well, you DO look pregnant Liv, they didn't MEAN it, You just took it the wrong way" to "They have NO RIGHT to speak to you that way, DON'T let them get away with it!!".
Just recently, only a few weeks ago, I had a lady from work ask how much longer I was working. (as in, I am heavily pregnant and will go on maternity leave soon). Ironically, I am pretty, well dressed, wear make-up beautifully and was dressed in a business suit and heels. She was a slob, in long pants and a crinkled blouse, and was about 1 size smaller than me. She asked at the top of her lungs, in front of a room full of collegues. That was the clincher. I turned to her ( I had met her maybe 3 times?), looked her in the eye and said "What on earth do you mean? I'm not leaving work anytime soon?!". ... "Well, she stammered, I just presumed....". I replied "Well Sweetheart, NEVER presume. I am NOT pregnant and I find you to be not only rude, but quite offensive!!, I suggest that in future, you should be a little more cautious before you open your mouth!!".
I walked off, smiling, while the whole room looked at this woman, who was red as a beetroot, and obviously was very embarrassed. DON'T let anyone get away with speaking to you badly. There is no need to be rude, or namecall, but these people do need to realize (even those who say they 'didn't mean it that way!') that it's NOT acceptable to be so insulting and rude to others. I felt really empowered, and totally flipped the situation from ME feeling humilated and upset, to HER realizing what a complete philistine she'd been. Next time she goes to make a snarley comment to someone, she may just think again.

People like her, and the man who insulted you, have big issues of insecurity, and therefore attempt to make themselves feel better by putting others down. I used to wait for my friends, or husband, or boyfriend to stand up for me and say "HEY!! How DARE you speak to my friend/wife/girlfriend like that!!" but they never did. They were/are frightened of the retalliation. I don't wait any longer. I say it like it is, and stick up for myself!!! If they want to retalliate to me BRING IT!!!

If a person is every again rude to you, try not letting him off the hook. The man who upset you got on with his day without giving you a second thought, and yet his offhand comment to you has upset you longterm on a much deeper level.
You have to learn to fightback!!!
Don't be nasty. Just tell it like it is. A simple "Excuse me!!??" can make a King of the Castle look like a Joker.
:wink:

well said. now if only i had the courage lol.
theres this lady at the dog park who made a comment about me turning up all done up, i'd just come from having lunch & shopping with some friends - didn't feel like changing out of my clothes as i was going out again after i'd taken my pup to the park, she made me feel very small & in turn she was the one dressed like a slob. :twisted:
Strawberry

Postby felcy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi,
I understand how you feel. It is so sad to think that some people tend to judge us woman merely from the outsides.

I have been big size ever since I was a child. Sometimes kids don't want to play with me or sit beside me because I am so fat. When I have friends, they don't want to be seen with me. I have been bullied and called names. :(

Things did not improve at high school. It went from bad to worse. Depressed, I turn to food.

As a result of being an outcast, I find ways to be my own best friend. I find myself hobbies that don't require mixing with others like reading.

As I grew up, I find out that I can enhance my looks with makeup and good hairstyles. So what if we are fat? I know some beautiful curvy girls. Moreover, we have boobs! 8) There are people who are considered slender but no sense in style at all. I also find out that no matter what others think of us, it is what we perceive about ourselves that matter.

I still encounter rude remarks now and then from friends, colleagues and relatives. You know what I say to them?
"Maybe I am fat. But I think I am beautiful. :lol:

:)
felcy

Postby Shalimar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Good on you felcy, that's a great attitude :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kristal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:50 am

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Ahh poo to him. I fart in his general direction.

I feel sorry for him. How sad to have to get drunk and stupid to feel ok to approach a girl - and then screw it up by being a moron. Imagine what his life is like? Laugh at him. He's obviously a clown.

I agree! If you have to get drunk and make a fool of yourself in order to gain a girl's attention - I think he must have some self esteem issues himself and it isn't fair to take out his frustrations, embarrassment and stupid drunkeness out on you and your friend.

He mustn't be very intellegent if that was the only come back he had in mind. I hope he woke up with a massive hang over and total embarrassment.

I can understand that whilst losing weight us girls can be sensitive but don't let some drunken hoon get you down.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby Robin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 am

Bad behaviour is always found where testosterone, stupidity, and alcohol are mixed as a dangerous cocktail.

The behaviour can be VERY dangerous if a pack forms, or if the woman is isolated (from friends, transport etc).

I am nearly 62, and I have had my share of unwanted attention and name-calling over the years. On occasion, my Ju-Jitsu training came in very useful!

I have found that the best thing (if you must attend such venues) is to remain sober yourself.

If you must drink alcohol, have a small glass of liquor (which cannot be tampered with) and keep it all night. Do not answer back or respond in any way. Ask the bar staff to stop serving the perpetrators and/or give them a warning. If the behaviour continues, at an appropiate time, leave together as a group. DO NOT LEAVE ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS THERE ALONE (even if they are reluctant to leave).

In future, choose another (more upmarket) venue.
Robin

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories