It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Free Newsletter

My Motivation: Nekko's Story~

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My Motivation: Nekko's Story~

Postby Nekko » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:26 pm

I've never been a slim child. I was always chubby (healthy!) and as I got older, the more that 'baby fat' turned into actual "OMG, I'm overweight!"

I've always had issues with my self esteem because of my weight. It didn't help all the teasing you have to go through as a heavy child, turning into a even heavier teenager.

The worst I got was from my own step dad. He'd poke fun at my weight, then turn around and give me snacks. I was a kid, I didn't really know better. I ate them.

I'm older now. He doesn't say anything about my weight, but when he knows I'm trying to lose weight, he does the same thing again. He goes out and buys me really fattening snacks and gives them to me. I've taken to taking them from him and throwing them away. I know its bad to waste food, even evil fattening food, but... yeah...

Is it sad I'm having to buy my own mini fridge for my bedroom so he doesn't try to sabotage my weight loss? Its the boldest way I can think to get it through to him, that "Hey, stop fixing me things and giving me things. I'm taking care of myself."

Now my sudden motivation to a better healthier me is because for the first time I have a serious boyfriend. Its a long distance relationship. We did meet online. I know, crazy, right? I thought so too, but we're both blown away with our feelings.

He's coming down in April for the first time and I want to look nice. Though he's very helpful and supportive of my diet and says he doesn't care if I'm overweight or not, so I'm more doing it for me, but he was the thing that gave me the kick I needed to try to get on track and take care of myself.

Sorry for rambling. But this my true story for what it is worth.

With Lunar and Gold's support we all can achieve what we want!

Re: My Motivation: Nekko's Story~

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your story Nekko.

I met my husband on the net 6 years ago, back then it wasn't as widely accepted as it was today. So I can definitely appreciate your anxieties about that situation!

As for the step-dad, have you ever tried sitting down and being honest with him? Tell him that you're actively trying to improve your health and he's being counter-productive to that by buying you sweets. Ask for his help and for him to support you. You might find that he takes this on board and does change his behaviour, if he doesn't, then what have you lost?

Anyway, good luck with the weight loss journey. We will all support you as much as possible and encourage you along the way.

Postby electrongirl » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I met my hubby on the net too! he was in the USA and me here in Australia! Its pretty normal these days!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby leeni.s2 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:56 pm

i met my best friend on the net.
i've known her for almost 6 years now,
and although we've never met, we are the best of friends.
she's even asked me to be her bridesmaid which i think is pretty awesome.
it is more common these days to meet people over the net.

good luck with your weightloss
and i hope your step dad eases up on you.

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet

Return to True Stories