It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 am

Free Newsletter

it's tricky to rock around, to rock around....and not eat!

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

it's tricky to rock around, to rock around....and not eat!

Postby kitty » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:12 am

well i have a bit of a delima coming up.....im speding the weekend in melbourne with my two best friends. now dont get me wrong i will have a blast! (going shopping, going out in the city and the real highlight of the weekend, going to see the musical dirty dancing!)
BUT i am going with two girls who have gorgeous figures and they can eat whatever they want whenever they want.....grr i hate people like that! its like they put something in their mouth and it comes out their feet, magically dissapearing. however if i did an experiment and put something in my mouth to see where it ended up it would definately stop and be lodged on my hips.

while im at it i will continue......
next weekend is sort of the same. i have a 21st in melbourne.and how much do i love 21st'? about 3 plates of nibblies and coupious amounts of wine - thats how much!

my will power will have to be up on full radar the next few weeks. but i dont want to stress too much about it.......im going to have a super dooper time and just work my ass off (literally) next week....
kitty

Postby Dolly » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:28 am

Kitty, sounds like you've certainly got a couple of big challenges on your plate.
For a control Plan,
what you could do is race off to the shops and buy yourself a big bead bracelet (their fashionable now) and place it on the wrist of the hand that you normally grab food with. You can name the bracelet after you Health Fairy God Mother Betty.
When you see this hand moving forward to take a piece of cake off a plate etc. and then you see Betty, you just say to yourself out loud BSN (Betty Says No!)

Dolly
Dolly

Postby kitty » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:53 pm

i love your idea for two reasons dolly:
1. its a really really great idea that just might work
and
2. it gives me an excuse to go shopping!

two cheers for dolly, hip hip hooray. hip hip hooray!
kitty

Postby Dolly » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:34 pm

aw, shucks............ta muchly!
Dolly

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:33 am

I think you should just enjoy yourself this is not something you are going to do every week is it, enjoy youself then come home dust yourself down and start all over again you will find you have not done too much damage
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kitty » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:34 am

well im back! had the most fun i have had in a long time. dirty dancing was awesome, i loved it. the shopping was not so great. well it was, but i spent a little more than what i had planned! and the eating....well it started off looking promising and then everything just fell into a shambles....but oh well. the whole reason i want to lose weight is so i can live my life to the fullest for as long as i can. so why worry myself and deny myself the fun that i get up to while i am losing weight....

i probably drank too much on saturday night (ok i definatley did) and i ate a hamburger on the way back to our motel room. i ate a creamy curry on saturday night for tea (but it was so so good) i ate a little tin of pringles while watching dirty dancing and i ate some hot chips drank some coke on sunday. BUT the good thing is i now feel disgusting! how good is that? ususally i wouldnt think or feel anything different. but since i have been exercising and watching what i eat it i suppose my body is getting used to the new me. i am stoked! it will definately make me think before i put anything in my mouth this weekend at the 21st........well maybe not at the 21st as there may not be all that much thinking going on, but the before and after!

hope everyone else had a super dooper weekend!
kitty

Postby Dolly » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:40 am

KITTY, it's good to hear you had such an awesome weekend. It sounds like all that fun and eating was good for the spirit.

Amazing how it can take a couple of months to lose 2 permanent kilo and only two days to put it all back on again. I also didn't stay on plan toward the end of the weekend.
So long as we have more good eating days than bad we have to all eventually win right?

Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories