It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:08 am

Free Newsletter

My weight loss experience, my life story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My weight loss experience, my life story

Postby qtpie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 pm

when I was a child, I was skinny, i culd eat anything I liked and not put on weight, when I got to high school, people were teasing me because they thought I didn't eat anything, when I got to about 15 the teasing stopped and I could see why, that was when I started to put on weight, every year I was getting bigger and bigger, whe I left school i put on more weight, from about the time i was 15 and 20 i tried to loose weight and failed every time.

in 2004 - 2005 when I was 20 - 21, i started to go on a health kick, not trying to loose weight but just trying to be healthy, i realised I was loosing weight and wanted to see what would happen if I started walking for 30 mins each day, I started to loose 1 KG per week and it motivated me to keep going, I lost about 15kg and was 75kg, i was happy with myself. once I was motivated i found it very easy to stick to my diet and excercise daily, all i did was walk/jog every day for 30 mins and go bike riding for 20 mins twice a week, all that will power and motivation made me want to motivate others too, i got complments from everyone around me, saying that I was more motivated than they were and wanted to know how i had so much will power

then last year I started to eat junk food again, i noticed I was putting on weight, but i didn't care enough to stop it, i tried to find the motivation i once has but it was gone, I have no idea where it came from, no idea where it is gone or how to get it back, I have tried to get it back and then failed, I tried going to the gym over winter and found it too expensive to continue (I loved the gym) I also have to time to exercise I work and study and whe I have a day free I can't be bothered. I'm now 24 and weight 91.1kg and feel ashamed of myself, I was going so good and now I've undone all the good I did, it's harder for me to loose it, I have to run for i hour not to get the same result ans i did when i was 21. I was successful in my weight loss but now I screwed it up, i failed myself
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Re: My weight loss experience, my life story

Postby soontobehornbag » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 am

Hey there. I am really new to this forum stuff but I am unfortunately not new to this diet treadmill we seem to run. Your story really touched my heart, I had tears in my eyes. Probly coz it is a very similar story to me. I have never been overweight as such as a kid but i spose it started for me around the age of 23. I have tried every weight loss program there is and spent so much money that it is ridiculous. I first started on the Gloria Marshall program. Got to goal weight no problems and made myself a gym junkie in the process. Soon put all my weight back on. Then I decided to start having babies. Well after my first I got up to about 90kg so I then did Weight Watchers. Fantastic! I got to goal weight. Did that last? Nope. My motivation soon went. Another baby later and back at Weight Watchers I go. Yep, got to goal weight again loosing about 17 kilos but not for long. Two years ago I did the Jenny Craig program and yep you guessed it I got to goal again. But am I still there now? Nope. I have been thru the stages of eating so much and then the ole finger down the throat trick. Stupid move! Now I am doing the Kate Morgan Program and so far it is working. I am determined this time to stick at it for the long haul. I like you, beat myself up constantly over my weight but hey mate you can turn it around and give yourself some credit that you have recogised this and you are making changes. Stay focused on the positives and not the negatives. Real beauty comes from within. I would love to take this weight loss journey with you! Please dont be too hard on yourself and I can honestly say that I understand how u feel and what you are going thru.
soontobehornbag

Re: My weight loss experience, my life story

Postby qtpie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm

thnaks for the encouragement, that old finger down the throat was something I used to do as well I never told anyone about it, but it used to be just after I ate junk food and then I started doing it with other foods, then I thought that it wasn't a good Idea to continue so I stopped and just didn't eat chocloate or junk food because I felt it wasn't worth eating it and then making myself feel sick, did you have a huge problem with it??? you have done lots of different diets, but what's worked for me in the past is just eating healthy and exercise, there is no substitute for that (I can't spell lol) no quick fixes. I know it can be hard to stick to the diet after you have reached your goal but what I try and think about is that you feel much better when you eat healthy and excercise I know I do, good on you for staying at your goal weight, u are there now which is great, i know that when you are working towards the goal it give you a reason to stick with it but when you achieve what you want to achieve you feel like you don't need to anymore so you slip (that's what I do anyways), it really is worth sticking with it, we will all be a lot healthier and happier if we do. I know what it feels like to loose lots of weight and put it back on, I always feel like I have failed, for me it's not about looking more beautiful I believe I already am (I hope I don't sound full of myself) for me it's about health and feeling better about myself, it know that if you belive you are beautiful and sexy then others will see you that was as well, I have a friend who is absolutly georgous and sexy and she is over 100kg, the reason she is sexy is becuse she belives she is, anyways I got off the track there lol. thanks babe, every little bit of encouragement i get from anyone in this forum helps me so much so thank you so much for that, your story touched me too coz it is similar to mine. good luck with sticking with you goal weight, if you can get motivation to loose it that you can get the motivation to maintain it, you can do it, your awsome for getting there in the first place!!!
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg