It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Free Newsletter

My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am

Andro, the Duromine has given you an opportunity to kick-start a change to your eating and exercise habits so that when your prescription ends you'll continue to do the right things in order to real your goal weight and stay fit and healthy. If you haven't changed the way you approach food then there's a chance you'll just put all the weight back on once the Duromine "crutch" is gone.

As for the trainer looking good at 90 Kgs, well, that would probably be a combination of his frame and lean body mass - muscle weighs more per volume than fat, and as a trainer, he'd have a lot more muscle distributed across his frame than most of us.

One thing to remember is that fat gets harder to lose when there is less of it to lose, so don't be disheartened when the weight-loss rate slows as you descend into the 80s and then 70s. You'll get there and it will be well worth the effort and sacrifice, but it won't be an overnight process. :-)
Striving to improve in every way possible.
CronicBadger

Postby SmittenKitten » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know how I was going as I hadn't posted in so long. I am not currently taking Duromine, I had to cancel my doctors appointment because almost 2 weeks ago I was riding my scooter to work I was hit by a car. The car merged into the lane I was in withou looking. I am ok, I dislocated my thumb, tore the ligaments in my lower back & fractured my hip, plus have bruises & scratches.

I am currently just focusing on getting better - this should take about 6 to 8 weeks. As I can't really exercise at the moment I felt there was no point in spending the money on Duromine. I have finished taking the Reducta and lost a total of 500gm, I would not like to put this down to Reducta as I ate much healthier & walked more often when I was taking it, then after the accident I didn't eat much at all for a few days. I have spoken to people who saw great results on Reducta but this is because it encouraged them to make huge lifestyle changes, which I had already made 2 years ago.

I hope you are all doing really well & stay motivated. I will be staying on the forums even though I'm not on Duromine so please keep me updated with your journey.

SmittenKitten

Postby Astina31 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi there,

just wanted to weight in, have not been for a while so today i was 81kg!!

WOOHOO

6kg behind schedule but still losing

it would help if I remembered to exercise and take the pill :D
Started 6/1/11 86.6kg
weigh in 12/1/11 85.2kg
Goal weight: 19/1/11 84kg Weigh in:84.7
Goal weight: 26/1/11 83kg Weigh in 83.3
Goal weight:2/2/11 82kg Weigh in 82.6kg
Goal Weight:9/2/11 81kg
Goal Weight:16/2/11 80kg
Goal weight: 23/2/11 79kg
Goal weight: 2/3/11 78kg
Goal weight: 9/3/11 77kg
Goal weight: 16/3/11 76kg
Goal weight: 23/3/11 75kg Weigh in 81kg behind schedule....QUICK CATCH UP!!!
Goal weight: 30/3/11 74kg
Goal Weight: 6/4/11 73kg
Goal Weight: 13/4/11 72kg
Astina31

Postby ChloeThornton » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi everyone!
I've lost 10 Kilos so far on the Duromine (im on metermine actually, 40mg) and im really happy!
The 40mg is a little too strong i find, my sleeping patterns are completely stuffed and im more aggitated. I find im getting angry quite easily which isnt like me at all.
I was told to lose 50kg, so got another 40 to go.
Chloe xoxo
ChloeThornton

Postby Tigerlily82 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you started on Duromine 30mg and went up to 40 mg. I would like to know if you had any side effects and if you can see and feel the difference from doing so ?
I am currently in week 7 on 30mg duromine. Lost 10 kg so far but put 1 kg back ( It was my 29th birthday last Saturday :) ). I still took the usual dosage and yes I did splurge but not as much as I used to and still 1 kg just crept up in a day or two ... Am kind of worried now and asking myself what will happen when I stop the duromine dosage...
I know that the usual prescription is for 3 months followed by 1 month off ... scared of what will happen in THAT month !

Duromine has shrunk my stomach for sure but if I still put on 1 kg on it what happens next ????

Hope you are all going well !

Duromine : for the past 46 days.
Starting Weight : 80 kg
Current Weight : 71 kg ( Was 70 on Sat and put the stupid 1 kg back on errr... )
Goal Weight : 60-65 kg mark
Tigerlily82

Postby äirly » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Hey,

Well it could be just the usual flucations. I usually weigh myself in the morning to get a consistant read - I know that after eating or later in the day it usually comes up higher for whatever reason. Also, drinking alcohol and eating salty foods and so on will also skew the scales, with water weight and what have you. I absolutely would not stress too much about 1kg (i know I know; easier said then done! :P )

That aside, without a doubt its up to the individual to keep going with the weightloss once coming off duromine. You will probably find that your weightloss slows down a little in the time you're not taking it - but you've lost 10kgs in 1.5months, thats amazing for anyone and I dont think its something you should expect, or even attempt, for the last 5-10 kgs (we're about the same weight and its taken ME since Nov last year!)

Anyway, good luck with your weightloss :)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby simon1971 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 am

Good Morning to you All! :D
I am completely new to this site, so hear goes.
I am a Male of 40, weight 129kg, Height 6'2".
I have started to modify my diet and would like a kickstart to my weightloss.
I am trying to find out if I would be able to get Duromine perscribed for me in Queensland.
I have trawled the Internet and seem to get very conflicting views as to wether or not you can get it.
My Wife has a friend who got it here just recently, but am wondering if it was just pure luck that she got it!
Any help/views/experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to replies!
Thanks Heaps,
Simon. :D
simon1971

Postby mans82 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Simon

I started on Duromine last week. I'm 162cm and just hit 80kg (the heaviest I have ever been). My BMI just put me into the obese category (most drs from what I hae read will only give you duromine if your classes as obese).

I went it to my doctor and told her about the problems I was having losing weight and how quickly I have put weight on lately. She at first was talking about excercise and how she goes bushwalking :roll: The she bought up drug. I straight away butted in and siad that I had done some research on Duromine and wanted to know if it was for me. She the prescribed it really easily.

Your best bet would be to go and have a chat with your Dr. If he/she doesn't prescribe it and its something you still want to try go see you wife's friend's Dr.

Good Luck!!
mans82

Postby simon1971 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks so much for your reply mans, another question if I could, what if any side effects have you had since starting and have you lost weight as yet?
Simon.
simon1971

Postby mans82 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

To be honest I have been pretty lucky and have only had some minor side effects.

The first day I was buzzing around the house like a mad women but my partner was happy cause the house has never looked so clean!!

The 2 biggest things for me was a dry mouth so I'm constantly drinking water-yesterday I think I drank 3 liters, which isn't much for some but I wasn't really a big water drinker and sleep. The first couple of night I would go to be at the same time and be wide awake at 1:40am. I also find at around 10:30pm my eyes are tired, like they are ready to go to sleep but my body doesn't want to!!

We drove from Sydney to Jinberbyn on the weekend and usually about an hour in the car and I fall asleep. I didn't sleep once, there or back. That’s the kind of effects it has on your energy/sleep.

Mid way through last week I was getting this feeling in my stomach which was kinda like hunger pains but I knew I wasn't hungry. This has since stopped.

I have consent energy. I'm not feeling 3:30itis at all and am still managing to focus pretty well at work. When I eat I find I don't need half of what I use to to feel full!!

Also I had a really big weekend on the alcohol. I wasn't going to take Duromine over the weekend but after taking to a friend who has taken it in the past I did. Now don't get me wrong I'm not advising you to drink and take duromine but I found the only thing that happened was I didn't get as drunk as quick. It took longer for the alcohol to kick in.

My advise would be take the pill as early in the morning as you can, so when my partner gets up at 5:30 I get up with him and take it then. That way you should be right with sleeping. And eat straight away if you can. I'm also doing a lot more exercise than I use to which is helping to wear me out. So I run in the mornings and then a 45-60min gym session in the afternoon. I'm eating a 800 calorie diet, which is low but its meat and veggies so I'm training myself to eat better again rather than use shakes.

To be honest, and I'm sure this is a side effect, but I'm feeling a lot happier. I can feel my clothes getting looser, and my body has reacted well to all the veggies and water I'm having.

Like I said good luck! I'm using this to help me build healthy habits, shrink my stomach and get me in the groove of going to the gym and as a kick start. This is not a long term solution!

I felt really self conscious going to the doctor but if you start the conversation and see how you go.

Sorry I have really gone on! Can you tell its a busy day at work!!
mans82

Postby missnora » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 pm

I've always been overweight ever since i was 14 years old. I never had the motivation to do anything about it. Everytime i would lose abit of weight i would always end up putting it back on....I have an eating disorder without a doubt.. I just cant stop eating Sugars, carbs... :( I went to the doctor told him my problem so he prescribed me Duromine 30mg. at the phamarcy they prescribed me Metermine. apparently its the same thing... as of tomorrow 22/4/11 I will be on Metermine. I am 21 years old.. 160cm weight about 77-78kgs! I will weigh myself tomorrow to know the exact weight then write it on here. I hope this Metermine really works. I Plan to eat healthy and exercise at least 1 hour a day. I just want to put this weight issue behind me once and for all. I just want to live life to the fullest...Ill let you guys know how I am going on this journey. :D
missnora

Postby blw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 am

Hi my name is Bonnie and I am 33 years old. I started Duromine on Wednesday, so I am on day 3.

My story goes: Throughout high school i weighed between 50-55 kilos but because of my tiny frame (i am about 4ft 9/10... very tiny) i thought I was so fat. All the girls at my school looked like little boys and here I was with big boobs, hips thighs and a big bum. It didn't help that my dad would say 'you are so pretty... if only you'd lose a few pounds'.... nice eh.

Anyway, I moved to the UK when I was 18 and was miserable and homesick so gained about 10-15kilos. I tried to lose weight but with the cold weather and being homesick, i just didn't have it in me. Over the next few years I got up to 70kg and tried everything I could to lose weight, to no avail... joining gyms and Gloria Marshall's and walking for hours on treadmills etc but I never seemed to break 70kg. At one point i was 88kg and then lost 8 kg in 5 weeks on a herbal slim type program.

I moved over to America and Canada in 2001 and at that point I was about 82kg. I did Atkins and other programs but finally lost 12kg in 10 weeks on the 6 Week Body Makeover. It was very restrictive and I don't think I could do it again as it was very tough. I started to get depressed as I was miserable again (the beginning of my depression) and then I moved to Dublin, Ireland.

I got back up to about 82kg after a while and then lost 12kg again this time using MLA which is a French/Canadian program that uses restricted calories and protein supplements twice a day. I felt pretty happy with myself - probably the last time i was truly happy. MLA was a very expensive program and thought that I would keep going on my own without appointments etc and after about a year I had gained the weight back.

When I moved home I weighed around 90kg and it kept climbing. I was diagnosed with depression and started taking A/D's. They didn't really help, just made me feel indifferent. I lost about 6 kg in a month on Celebrity Slim but couldn't continue with it as I would just lose momentum. Then I met a fella on the internet and got spurred on to get in shape and went to a personal trainer and ate well and lost 4% body fat in about 6-8 weeks. Felt pretty good.

I moved to Toronto in Jan 2009 and for a while I felt pretty good. Really ate well and only kept organic food in my house. I decided to wean myself off of my A/D's and then about a month later i started to hit rock bottom and felt miserable again. Tried other A/D's but they make me feel crook. In Sept 2010 I decided i had had enough of Toronto and the b/s economy and wages over there so at the weight of 100kg I returned back to Oz on the 1st Oct. I was put on Wellbutrin 8 weeks before i left Toronto (known as Zyban here), it is an A/D but the problem is it effects your sleep. I was living on 2 hrs sleep a night or some nights none at all while working a fulltime job.

Back in Oz they put me on an A/D that is widely known for weight gain as you have this bottomless pit of hunger. It was horrible. In the matter of 4 months I gained like 15-20kg.

Ok, so now I am on day 3 of Duromine and my start weight was 120kg. So far i have had problem sleeping and last night only got 4 hrs. I feel zapped of energy and feel a bit dopey and headachy but I am willing to overlook them as I really intend to give 110% to this 1st month and the judge if the cost of $116 per month is worth continuing.

I have gotten rid of all bad food in my house and when my mum said she bought me some easter eggs i told her to keep them. I intend not to touch a drop of soft drink or alcohol coz they are the worst contributors to fat gain. I haven't exercised much beside a bit of walking but mum has a exercise bike she said she would bring around for me. I intend to get in to exercise a lot more after I drop some fat as I think it would be less stressful for my body.

My goals are 10kg increments. First one though is 11kg so each goal is in the lower tens eg: 109/99/89/79 etc. My biggest goal at the moment is to crack that darn 70kg mark and be 69 or under. In a perfect world, i would love to be 50-55kg which is my healthy range but so is 45kg... i'm like, yeah right i would look like a skeleton. :wink:

I think the problem some people are having with exercise is that long and steady cardio really isn't the way to go. I would never joined a gym and P/T for 2-3 years. As they say 'the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result. I intend to do all interval training/tabata style work outs etc as they have been proven to burn more fat for sometimes 40+ hours after the workout - plus the workouts don't take as much time. I have a million health and fitness e-books that i have bought and am obsessed with so if anyone out there wants me to email them to you, drop me a line and I will forward them to you. I have things like Eat stop Eat, Warrior Diet, The Diet Solution, Cheat your way thin, The fat burning kitchen etc. there is a great exercise one where the guy lost 40lbs in 10 weeks from doing 15 minutes 2-3 times a week but his method is brilliant.

Anyway guys, feel free to drop me a line if you wanna check out the books. I'd love to hear all your success stories and current progress. Happy Easter and try to be good! :wink:

B
Attachments
bonnie at 18 - the weight i want to get back to.jpg
18 years old at 54kg, thought I was so fat... what the hell was I thinking. My aim is to get back to around this weight.
bonnie at 18 - the weight i want to get back to.jpg (197.72 KiB) Viewed 6569 times
ImageImage
blw

Postby blw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:08 pm

"I would never joined a gym and P/T for 2-3 years to only lose 2 kg during that period .'

sorry i left out the end bit :D
ImageImage
blw

Postby mans82 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Good luck Bonnie

I have finished my first month of Duromine and have lost 4kg. I'm really not happy with that but only have my self to blame. I didn't exercise, I didn't always watch what I ate. I also think I need to move up to the next strenght. I'm starting to get hunger pains. :(
mans82

Postby KittyCat88 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi everyone.

My names Cat and I am a 23 year old mother of two. I have had alot of problems with weight through out my life, major loses and then the major gains. I first tried duromine after the birth of my first childand lost 21kilos. And I kept it off to. That was until I had my second child. I have tried for months to lose weight on my own and I cant seem to shake it. So I finally caved and asked my doctor for duromine again. But the best part is I have already changed the way I eat, what I eat and how active I am. The duromine is just to give my body a kick start, I think it might be in hybernation mode at the moment.
I know the side affects and I am hoping that this time like last time I dont get hit with to many.
I currently weigh 85kilos and im 5ft 6. So that puts me in the over weight range with the BMI of I think 30.
So here is hoping that I can kick the weight and be a healthier person not only for my gorgeous family but for myself as well.
And I wish everyone else luck who is on the same venture that I am embarking on :D
KittyCat88

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories