It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:21 am

Free Newsletter

My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Postby dominique » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 am

Hi All!
So i started duromine 15mg 1 month ago, I weighed in at docs and lost 6kg over the four weeks, which he and I are really happy with! My start weight was 113kg and I'm down to 107kg. I had heard about duromine a few years ago from a friend and she had told me about her experience and told me get in touch with it. She had used it to lose the last 10 or so kg in her journey...which I was shocked after reading up about it as it is meant to be used in the initial stages for people who are very overweight. So I researched and determined that this drug was far too dangerours and could come with some really negative side affects and I thought it just wasn't worth it. In the last 12 months or so my weight had increased by another 10kg due to stress and lack of focus. I just wasn't in the right mind set to put in the energy changing your life requires! 4 months ago I was struggling with knee pain and ended up in the emergency room not being able to walk at all. It ended in being a baker's cyst after lots of tests. Soon after my husband and I decided to move interstate closer to family so I could have help with the kids and also take at least 6 months off work and focus on my health. After getting here I visted my mum's doc and he wanted to put me on duromine straight away! He said i had 6 months to lose the weight go to regular physio and strength training otherwise I would be looking at knee surgery at aged 25! It was also discoverd that my other knee had developed a cyst and my knee cartlidge was grating and therefore getting very damaged as I am double jointed and my ligaments are too flexible to support my knees! I was shocked and nervous after reading about all the side affects and he reassured me that we would start slow and see how we go... So after 1 month, I have definalty lost weight. My side affects were immediate, I had a very dry mouth and could not drink enough water...this now has reduced and most days I have a few moments of extreme thirst. At the beginning I could have eaten nothing and felt no hunger at all but after reading through this site I determined myeslf to eat 3 regular meals everyday to avoid possible fatigue and headaches etc. I started only being able to stomach 1 piece of toast with lowfat cream cheese and ham and tomato, and for lunch a sandwhich which at first i had to eat half then an hour later eat the other half, and for dinner I was able to eat around about the same as I serve my 4 year old! Just a smaller portion than my regular amount. As I've progressed in the last month I have been able to eat a little more, for eg I had 2 pached eggs on 2xwholemeal toast for breakfast! my appettite has ebbed and flowed. I find having a bigger breakfast keeps me really full all day but I will still eat something light for lunch and tonight with roast and vegies I will just use a smaller plate but still eat the good food! Portion control has been amazing and the feeling of being fully satisfied and not looking for things to snack late at night! I also noticed when I did feel hungry I would load my plate thinking "I'm so hungry" and almost as soon as the food hit my mouth my appetite dissapated...and I would end up eating half and the rest would go my healthy husband! I did notice around that time of the month I still had a craving for choc! I've always been good though and still had only 2 or 3 pieces of cadbury to hit the spot! I've had other side affects occasionally, such as dizziness when sitting up quick, and a little contstapation, which I realised I wasn't eating enough fibre so I corrected that! I'm also using the Weight watchers online membership and tools. I will say though, I lost 3.7kg in the first week and was shocked and scared it was too much! But it worked out in the end and now it is more gradual. I'm on day 3 of 30mg to help it keep going! When I have exercised which has been difficult with my knees and walking, I can feel my body working harder and i break into a sweat really quickly, but I do feel the extra engery hit, which has been so good with having 3 kids and moving house etc..I have felt a little shaky a few times for a minute or so but nothing much has changed my appetite is the same as it was a few days ago... hopefully I will get to my goal of losing 15kg in 3 months. Also my blood pressure is down...so I can't complain abouth that atl all! It wasn't ever high, but it's reassuring to know.It's a long journey but now is my time to do it...I have failed so many times and joined weight watchers about 7 times now...but over the last 5 years i haven't given myself the time or care I have needed.
thanks for reading!
Cheers Dom
dominique

Postby lillyjak » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey I was just wondering, I am 171 cm and I weigh 82 kilos. I Have been going to the gym since Feb 2011 and I have lost 7.5kgs but I cant seem to lose much more. I want to go to a doctor and ask if I could get some weight loss drug but I am scared to do this. My BMI is 28. What do you say to the doctor?
lillyjak

Postby blw » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Lillyjak, I would just straight out ask. The worse that the Doctor can say is NO and if that is the case then you can always try another doctor.

When I got my prescription I told the doctor that I had been doing some research and would like to try a weight loss drug. I gave her the name of the drug and she just had a look in her doctors book and then wrote a prescription. Most doctors these days will write a prescription without too much fuss. Then when it came time for a second prescription my doctor wasn't available so I went to another doctor and told him that I needed a new prescription and he wrote it, just like that.

Just be honest and explain your circumstances and that you really would like to try it as you are feeling your health is being affected by your weight.

Good luck!

Bonnie
ImageImage
blw

Postby lillyjak » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 am

Hey Bonnie,

Thank you so much for your support. I am off to the doctors now to ask. Will let you know how it goes.

Regards
Jackie
lillyjak

Postby blw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:04 am

Good luck Jackie!

My fingers are crossed!!

Bonnie
ImageImage
blw

Postby Starlab808 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 pm

First off I would just like to thank everybody for sharing their experiences with Duromine.

This thread gave me a lot of information on making my decision in taking Duromine.

I'm 24, 134 kgs, 180cm tall and have struggled with my weight for the majority of my teens and adulthood.

Having recently found the motivation to lose the weight it's always been hard to stem the binge eating and after a friend telling me it surpresses your appetite I thought I'd give it a go. Like others, I was worried about my doctor not giving me a script for it, whoever this wasn't the case. Be honest with your doctor and they'll do their best to help you out.

He put me on 30mg X once a day. Today is my first day and I'm having no ill side effects other than a dry mouth to which I'm drinking plenty of water in aid of.

Breakfast consisted of a water based protein shake followed by another at lunch time. I didn't necessarily feel hungry at lunch but drank it never the less as I've read you should still consciously feed your body.

This week will consist of taking Duromine alone whilst eating healthy meals and next week I plan to aim for 30mins of cardio 6 days a week.

I will update as the weeks progress.
Starlab808

My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Postby Turpsie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi all,
Today is my 1st day on Metermine, I took it at 08.30hrs when i woke up..... I found this site that looks exciting to read on my journey :)
So far I feel no diffrent.... I am a 27 year old Female Nurse in Melbourne, i am a single parent to a 5 year old. I weigh in at 90Kgs... My heaviest was after having my son 5 years ago. I came out of hospital and was 119kgs, I have tried EVERYTHING in the past 5 years, some things successful, some not... Most of all i have maintained what I have managed to lose... I have been on the shake diets, and lost weight pretty much starving, but its not sustainable.. I have tried the starvation diets, obversly not sustainable... I have tried weightwatchers which was fantastic, and i lost about 8 kgs in 12 weeks.. altho i just exercised and ate healthy, i think it was the motivation that kept me there... But it got too expensive and I couldnt go in the times allocated as i had no one to care for me son....
The last few months i have been getting more motivated, i now to Bootcamp every Monday night, which is great, but leaves me soo sore its hard to exercise for a few days after it... I also bought a treadmill and exercise bike, as being a single mum its impossible for me to attend a gym... As i have been excerising regulary and eating quite healthy, i thought its now time for me to get a kickstart on Duromine..... The doc gave me a prescription yesterday.... So here goes.... As its my day off work, i just went for a 30 min walk with my son his bike and the dog... I think the price of this drug is making me want it to work even more :)
SW = 119Kgs
CW = 85.5Kgs
GW = 65kgs
Turpsie

Postby Turpsie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Day 3 on Duromine, and I phyiscally feel good..... I dont notice anything during the day... I am noticing im not as hungry, but when i do eat because its 'time' i start to feel nauseous... I have stayed eating healthy making myself believe 'take away' is poision LOL....
I have noticed i dont sleep well at night, from going to falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pilliow, to tossing and turning at least 2-3 hours and then constatnt waking.... I am really tired when i go to bed, but it seems my mind is just ticking over..... I dont know if this drug affects taste buds, but i usually cant go without about 3-4 coffees a day, but my morning coffee just tastes TERRIBLE.... and i get headaches in the evening.... Im not sure if this is from duromine, or the sudden stop to sugerery foods and caffine....
Best news, i lost 2kgs already in 2 days, not sure if this is just fluids, but im still rapt
SW = 119Kgs
CW = 85.5Kgs
GW = 65kgs
Turpsie

Postby blw » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Lillyjak, just curious, did your doctor prescribe duromine?

Regards,

Bonnie
ImageImage
blw

Postby Starlab808 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 am

*update*

One week in on Duromine and I'm 6kgs down from 134kgs, I was surprised to see I've lost so much.

My eating habits have definitely changed for the better, I'm feeling fuller after smaller meals and I'm eating less without finding myself snacking. This week was also without exercise just eating right.

For the first 3 days I did feel like I was on "speed" and for the first 5 days did have trouble sleeping, finding myself awake until 12-1am even after taking Duromine at 4:30am. Saturday was a little indulgent with my engagement party which made my first week loss even more of a surprise.

So I took a break Sunday because I wanted a decent nights sleep and the last two nights I've had no trouble getting to sleep at all.

More to come in the next few weeks.
Starlab808

Postby blw » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:42 am

That is great news Starlab808. Keep up the good work and my advice is to only weigh yourself once a week at the same day and time (preferable naked after your morning pee - TMI :lol: but it really does give you the most accurate reading. Also, take measurements. That is what you tend to notice first!)

I have had trouble sleeping on Duromine/Metamine since day 1 and I have been on it for about 5 months and have lost about 14kg - I was great at first (no soft drink, no take out, no sugar, no crap what so ever just clean good nutritional food) but I became a bit lax with my eating plan :evil: . Most nights I am lucky if I get 4-5 hours sleep. I was up yesterday morning about about 4.30 am after falling asleep after 1am and then went to sleep last night after 1am again and this morning I have been wide awake since 3.30am. It is driving me bats**t crazy. I need more than 2-4 hours sleep a night even though I am wide awake.

I'm going to stop taking Duromine/Metamine for a while and try something else that I have been researching and is a little controversial but has some amazing reviews. So I might have a month supply of 40mg Metamine to sell someone in Australia. I will charge what I paid for it plus postage.

Contact me if anyone's interested.

Bonnie
ImageImage
blw

Postby 0verIt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:49 am

Hi everyone!
Just a bit of background info: I'm a 22 year old female, 168cm tall, starting weight 97kg.
I've been "not skinny, but not TOO fat" all my life. Throughout my teenage years my weight always hovered around the 80-85kg mark. When I was 19 I managed to get down to 65kg, size 8-10 depending on the brand. It was the first time in my life that I could wear a bikini and not have to 'suck it in' lol. After a year and a half of being a 'skinny b!+€#' my partner decided he'd get me pregnant. Lol. My weight climbed right up to 110kg! 10kg ended up being baby, placenta, and all that other stuff thats associated with pregnancy, and I somehow managed to lose another 3kg on top of that.
So here I was at 97kg for almost 2 years, I FINALLY got sick of pulling all my pre-pregnancy clothes out and not being able to fit them. Between the time baby was born and now I've tried a lot of ways to help me lose weight. Admin Censored, Atkins, Lemon Detox, all sorts of herbal 'weightloss' aids, and of course my own plan of diet and exercise. All big fat failures!
I heard about duromine and off I went to see if I could get a prescription. My Dr was very nice and sympathetic and of course explained all the risks and side effects to me. 20 minutes later I walked out with a script for 1 months supply of duromine 30mg, and was told to go back and see him when I had finished them to see if I could carry on with another 2 months.
I started on Saturday (3rd of September) and am currently on Day 5. I have cut out all 'bad carbs', sugar, processed and fried foods from my diet. I also cut my portions in half and drink loads of water. Exercise wise, I do 10 min on the heavy bag (boxing bag), 10 min ab workouts (to tone up my 'mummy tummy' lol) and 10 min worth of 1 min sprint-powerwalk-sprint intervals on the treadmill.
On my 1st day I felt more tired than anything else, and had a dry mouth, no appetite suppression
or 'speedy' feeling though. As the days have progressed I still have the dry mouth, feel like I have a tiny extra bit of boost when I'm on my feet, I still get hungry but cant eat anywhere near as much as I used to, have been smoking cigarettes like no-ones business,
and wake up 2 or 3 times at night finding it hard to get back to sleep. BUT I FEEL GREAT!
I weighed myself this morning (just out of curiosity) and have lost 4kg since I started. :) I love how fast the weight is coming off, but I'm a little bit weary of it too, 4kg in 4 days cant be very healthy can it? Lol. I can feel the difference in my tummy size too. I'm determined to keep it up!
So just to re-cap, my starting weight was 97kg,
Current weight is 93kg,
My goal weight is back to 65kg.
I'm going to set little mini-goals of 5kg at a time, just to keep myself motivated.
I've absolutely loved reading everyones stories on here, you all have given me so much inspiration!
xo
0verIt

Postby kc1986 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:00 pm

OMG I am so excited after reading all these posts.

Stats first - Female, 25yo, 166cm, approx 84kg

I went to the dr last week in desperation after putting on close to 20kg in 18months (since my wedding of course!). I totally understand that like a lot of brides, before my wedding I was crazy busy, dieting and exercising and lost weight and looked FAB (about 65kg size 8-10)! And of course I would totally expect to put on weight post wedding -- but not this much, I mean I expected to put on 5-6kg after the wedding which would put me at pre-wedding diet/exercise weight....but not 20kg (size 12....pushing 14)!

Admittedly the last few months in particular I have dropped off the exercise bandwagon with a promotion at work and at times working 11hr days desperately trying to climb the corporate ladder (plus an hour travel to and from work)!! :( and of course that doesn't help..I eat pretty well and don't snack on crap or have desserts....I do enjoy a glass or two of red a few times a week (that's to cope with the new job!).

I went to the dr blaming the implanon rod I had inserted into my arm not long after the wedding.....just had blood test for thyroid and pco and everything came back clear, so she told me to eat well, try to exercise more (currently doing about 2-3 times a week) and gave me a script for duromine....The pharmacist offered the generic brand metermine (not that much cheaper at $89.00), which I got and am anxiously waiting for tomorrow morning to take my first one!!

I am hoping to lose 15kg to get down to th 70kg-ish mark and back into my 8-10 wardrobe, and I just know that as soon as the first few kgs drop off I will be super-motivated to get the whole diet/exercise everything in order...

I have just felt so censored the last few months and have become completely anti-social, not wanting to do anything at all and missing out on nights with friends because I feel so embarrassed --- especially catching up with people I haven't seen in months....I just feel like my difference in weight will be extra obvious to those people! I also just keep shopping and buying new clothes, convinced some new fashionable clothes in a bigger size that fit me better will make everything ok...and then I see photos and they don't help because I look sooo much bigger and clothes don't help the weight put on my face :'(

....after reading all your posts I am so excited and will do everything I can to be super sensible and hope no side effects get to me...wish me luck, I will keep you posted.

:)
kc1986

Postby hello_kirsty » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Can anyone tell me roughly how much they've paid for duromine? I went to my doctor and spoke about it last week, but since I have anxiety issues already he said he's hesitant to put me on it and we worked out an eating plan instead. I've decided that if I still haven't begun to lose any weight within the next month I'll go back and ask to be put on a low dose of duromine just to see if it'll work for me. Obviously if I have any crazy side effects I'll go off it.

I'm already on a few other medications which are pretty pricey, so knowing what I'd be looking at spending while on duromine would be awesome.
hello_kirsty

Postby kiwichick » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Hey all,
I am so inspired by all your stories and it has me excited about also starting my duromine mission!
I am not normally one to join a forum but I had too as wanted to be part of all your successes!
I am on day 2 of 30mg - I have taken it previously but real casually so this time I am committed to doing it properly! I have dry horrors and a slight headache but other than that its all good!
I can't wait to report in with my loss on Friday :-)

My stats now are:

Height: 169cm
Weight: 89.7

Is there anyone out there around a similar weight to me that can tell me what their losses were like?
Thanks for the inspiration :o)
kiwichick

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories