It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Free Newsletter

My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Postby jak88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi all,

I knew to all of this... the forum and to metermine. I've been on 30mg for over a week now and haven't lost any weight. I have all the side effects, dry mouth, trouble sleeping and most of all, bad headaches. But I am desperate to lose weight and thought Metermine was a sure thing based on the huge amounts of positive reports and experiences on it. Am i doing anything wrong?! I'm eating healthy, and walking/jogging at least 3 times a week... But my appetite doesn't seem decreased at all, and my weight hasn't shifted at all.
Anyone have an helpful hints or know if Metermine doesn't work as well as Duromine, even though they say they are exactly the same....?
jak88

Postby piinkcupcake » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 pm

A YOUNG TEEN'S DIARY ON DUROMINE 30 MGS
censored: i'm female
Height: 160cm
Weight : 77kgs CW - 85 HW
BMI-= ~29.7 ( this puts me right at the cut of between overweight and obesity)
Age: 16 and a half. ( apparently duromine is reccommended for children 12 years and up and adults. however not every child may fit this circumstance)

My story: As a child i grew up battling the taunts and evil curses whilst being the bottom of all jokes, ranging from " whale" " the reason for the tsunami and earthquakes". Like anychild eventually when it become so out of hand the words that i was getting called became something more than wrods and grew into my mind. Eventually years later at the age of 16, i've abused my body by binge eating out of stress and depression far too long and a simple BMI test online opened my eyes to the fact that it was going to affect my health.

How did it start?: My whole family is quite large.. even though i'm a size 12-14 myself i was always the smallest in the family in both age and size and consequently was bubble wrapped from the harsh truth of the real world. When my older sister encountered health problems from being so overweight, she was turned to the drug duromine in order to curve her eating habits and kickstart her into a healthy lifestyle.

When did you start it ?: it was not until two days ago about 2 years after my older sister's successful use of this drug did i consider taking them and consulted the family GP for a prescription.

Diary : day 1 & 2
D1.
within one hour it sets in ( i take mine at 4-5aam, then go for a walk in the morning before taking a shower and preparing for class)
effects: energy, incredibly dry mouth, urge to move and dance about and do something productive (study for HSC in my case)
Meals: couldn't eat much more than a few bites before feeling the pressure against my stomach.
(ate tabouleh.) [snacked a few times on it throughout whole day...:D]
exercise : daily walks to school and between classes ( approx. 2-3km altogether?) + morning walk
sleep: not affected at all. slept soundly.

D2
- like above same thing happened,
mentality: the drug made me seem more focused and awake during my trials. ( amphetamines?)
effects: dry mouth, energy, concentration and power??
Meals: had a small sandwich from whatever my canteen sold. again not hungry, but its not healthy to skip so attempted to eat soemthing
exercise : walks between classes and to and from school ( 2-3km ?) + morning walk + 30minute afternoon power-walk around park.

all in all i seem to be working, will update more soon. I hope to drop 5 kilos by the end of a one mouth prescription.
piinkcupcake

Postby ltd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I am completely new to this so bare with me!
I am 18 years old, 169cm and weigh 84kg which is bordeline overweight/obese. My waist measurement is 79cm in the morning which is also bordeline. In saying that, I know it is not all fat because I have been working out a fair bit since January.
My main goal is to get to 59kg, which I have been trying to achieve since the start of this year. I actually ended up gaining 4 kilos! I love to exercise but my problem is my eating. I have a high(ish) metabolism and am ALWAYS hungry but no matter how hard i try i always seem to eat the worst foods. My mother has just started on metermine and she has let me trial it and its my third day and I can truthfully say I have never felt better. I don't feel like junk food and for once in my life I won't have seconds.
However, this is my mum's prescription so I feel pretty bad to continue on with it so I was wondering if you guys think if I went to a doctor and told him this (not sure about telling him i used my mum's) he would actually prescribe it to me?
ltd

Postby Turpsie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Ive been on it 2 weeks tomorrow.... Sleepless nights are now gone.... Lasted about 5 nights, i ran off litrally nothing.... I weighed myself 11 days in and had lost 4.5kgs :)
Still got headaches and dry mouth, and im non stop drinking, but its all worth it :)
SW = 119Kgs
CW = 85.5Kgs
GW = 65kgs
Turpsie

Postby kiwichick » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Well done Turpsie, I am looking forward to weigh in on Friday actually.

Jak88 I would say stick with it if you can as I the side effects become less and less once your body gets used to it.

ltd: you can only but try,piinkcupcake has shared her story and is 16 1/2. Hope your first month goes well piinkcupcake!

Well I look forward to sharing your stories and help motivate each other :-)
kiwichick

Postby kiwichick » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:11 pm

PS: Who here is keen to join a facebook group? Abit easier than logging in on here and then we can share stories abit easier? Just a thought... I am keen to get motivation from all of you as we are all in the same boat :-)
kiwichick

Postby ltd » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:15 pm

YAY! the doctor has given me a prescription for the 40mg for 3 months so hopefully i can be free by then! Any handy tips for eating and exercising while on duromine?
ltd

Postby kiwichick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 pm

ltd: how has your first few days gone?
I lost 4.1 kg in my first week so if I can keep that up I will be happy :-)
This forum has gone really quiet! :shock:
kiwichick

Postby koorii_babii » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey everyone,

I am only 15 years of age and around 125kg - 130kg and i would LOVE to get to at least 80kg or 90kg.
My childhood....wait scratch that, my life is hell with having to take teasing nearly every day at school, and with just moving to a new school with no one knowing who i am or my personality, I've never been teased this bad in my life. But i don't let it drag me down, you'll never see me without a smile when I'm around people, ill just laugh off the teasing because if you cant laugh, then your pretty much screwed.

I Just started taking Duromine 30mg and I am on my second day now. I am not experiencing anything weird yet, just the dry mouth and I sleep with ease. I feel great in the morning but slowly fades away during the day and I end being a moody B****!
I do realise though I am not eating as much as I would, this feeling is weird to me since i have never in my life felt this feeling, so I'm excited to see if there will be any results. Even though its been two days since I started, I couldn't be happier with my progress so far, I now do strenuous swimming around three times a day and my family just ordered a treadmill so I cant wait to use it.

Will keep everyone posted, thanks for reading!!
xoxo
koorii_babii

Postby eskimovm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Day 1 duromine

5'7" (167cm)
Female
23 years old
CW:95kg
GW:65kg

I was 70kg steadily until probably December 2009 and i gained 25kg over 18 months (6yr relationship ended, change of pill to levelen and emotional eating from boredom among other things)

so my doctor put me on 30mg Duromine, i was nervous about it but i seem fine:

I have lots of energy! no dry mouth (i read lot's of others get this)

I'm not starving. which is nice.

5pm should be the first test, this is usally when i get home and binge on everything
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP2u9g4/]
[/url]
eskimovm

Postby bella_sunday » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Does anyone know of a doctor in Melbourne that will prescribe Duromine?

I am 20, 166cm and weigh 117kgs. That makes me obese.

I have been struggling with weight for the past 3 years and nothing has seemed to work...Reductil did for awhile but then it was recalled. I just tried really hard for the past 3 weeks with my diet and exercise, and I put on 3kgs!!
And no it is not muscle.

I just went to a doctor today but he said my blood pressure was too high. I think it was because I was nervous cos usually my blood pressure has always been normal or low. I have recently quit smoking, would that affect it?

Please help!! I am desperate!!
bella_sunday

Postby ltd » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi Bella,

Like you I was VERY worried about not being able to be prescribed Duromine because I wasn't quite Obese (only.5 off though) however I went to a bulk-billing doctor and I told them my story and he pretty much wrote a script for Duromine 40mg for 3 months and said come back when I finished it to see how I went. He didn't check my blood pressure, weight or height! If you go to your normal doctor or one where it does not offer bulk billing, they usually care alot more about your well-being and put more effort into finding the best cause of action for your problems (which is great unless you just want a diet pill lol) . Try going to a bulk billing centre, and tell them about your BMI and past troubles eating (definitely mention even if it isn't true, that you have problems with snacking and always feel hungry) and mention you have done alot of research on Duromine, they will gladly fill out a prescription and off you go! If they don't try another bulk billing clinic, You will eventually find one that will prescribe it to you and it won't cost you to see the doctor. GOOD LUCK!
ltd

Postby caris » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone.
I started on Metermine 30mg this morning. Took my first pill at 6am this morning and at about 7:30 it had kicked in and I felt pretty wierd. Mouth is getting drier by the minute but its fine. Feeling a little shaky and jittery but its not too bad. I still feel hungry today but find that I can distract myself easily and I dont get the hunger pains for long. For breakfast today I had 3/4 cup of all bran and 1/2 cup of milk and a green tea. havent eaten anything since then.

My weight yesterday when I visited with my GP was 96.6kg and my height is 170cm.
I come from a family of obese women and my mum has struggled with eating disorders her whole life.. that is not a life I want for myself and after years of trying to keep my weight normal it has finally gotten to me. Currently according to my BMI I am obese and wanting to get down to about 75kgs. I am a curvy woman naturally and have a well proptioned body but I would love to get rid of the size of it. I think I have been in denial a bit because I have never seen myself as a fat person... I have always been proud to be curvy and my weight has never impacted on me too much, but obveously something is happening because a girl who weighs 96 kgs is definatly not a healthy girl.

So here I sit on day 1 on metermine hoping to lose about 20kg. For those of you like me who know what its like in life to be the girl with the pretty face instead of pretty all over please give me the strength to keep going. If you can offer me any tips on how to speed up the weight loss and how to help keep it off after I would be very happy. I would also love some advice on how much exercise you are doing and what things you are eating.

Please stay with me on my journey and please reply to my posts. Even if you want to email that would be great. I think it would be nice to have someone to go through this journey with.
Caris
caris

Postby Casey » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:38 pm

25 year old female
102 kg
Goal: 75

My doctor prescribed me the 15mg duromine (chemist gave me metermine?). I took my first one at 5:30 this morning. I have to say, I havent felt any side effects or appetite supression. If anything, I felt hungrier than usual today. Perhaps it is just my mind playing tricks on me but really, I am not used to feeling hungry. I ate the same amount I usually do, only I substituted vita wheats and vegemite for a big salad with boiled egg.

I am hoping that the drug kicks in tomorrow, but I am thinking about taking two pills if it do something in a few days.(my doctor suggested I do this if I do not feel any effects).

Was so excited to start this, bit of a disappointment really, after reading how it changed everyone elses appetite etc on the first day.
Casey

Postby andyjewell » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi, i'm new! I've been cruising the internet for diet information and found this forum. I am a girl :) I'm 33, 160cm tall and i weighed in today at 88.7. :shock: My BMI is 34.6. I've had 3 babies and was able to shed the baby weight quite easily after the first 2 but the last time it was a killer! I was 90kgs when i delivered my baby 2.5 years ago. I've gained 10kgs since January while trying to diet. Ive tried weight watchers, milkshakes, detoxes, otc appetite suppressants and every other type of eating plan but nothing has worked. I finally went to my dr a few weeks ago and he prescribed Duromine. I haven''t filled the script yet because i wanted to research it first and plus it's expensive! I was wondering if my health care card will cover it? Anyone got a hhc? My ultimate goal weight is 60kgs but i'd love to get back to 68kgs, which is what i was when i got pregnant last time. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing a fat person. This is the heaviest i've ever been and i don't like it at all! Plus diabetes runs in my family and i don't want to get that! I want to be healthy.
andyjewell

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories