It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am

Free Newsletter

My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Postby Serenalou » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 pm

HI Y'all I'm new here Day 3 on Duromine 30mg so far so good :) 35yo female starting weight 75kg post baby Goal 59kg. I'm keen to start/join a duromine facebook group if anyone else is up for it or knows of one 8) find it much eaisier than logging on here (of course posts to secret group so not visable to your other friends). So i've been cleaning like mad and very detailed cleaning i must say. On the first day I was a bit jittery and short tempered but mixed with feelings of clarity and happiness. The other days have been nothing like the 1st day no jitters or temper but just want to keep moving/cleaning and no appetite. I Have had no problem sleeping at all, was a bit worried after reading every ones posts about this. I am up very early at 6am kind of good given that i have never been a morning person. I keep jumping on the scales to check if i have taken anything off so have put them away and will only weigh myself once a week. Drinking loads of water and making an effort to eat also taking a good multivitamin.. I hope Duromine works for me, at least to get me back into exercising routine :shock:
Serenalou

Postby kiwichick » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 pm

really wanting as many people to join the facebook Duromine support group as well.

It 'duromine success stories and motivation' im not sure if this link will work but will be great to have more regular contact :o)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/209530019094725/

Anita
kiwichick

Postby Casey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

I am on my fifth day of Metermine and according to the scales I have lost a kilo. I noticed this morning that my skirt felt a little looser than it has in a while.
A friend warned me today that I have to make sure that the eating habits I develop now are easily continued after I go off the pills. She had a friend who lost a bunch of weight and got it all back within two weeks.

Thats why I am being careful to eat five small meals a day. Even if I am not that hungry. I have found that I am hungrier at night though, maybe because the pill is wearing off and it isnt really in my system yet?

Also, is anyone else having nausea? Not all the time, but once or twice a day I just feel like yakking. And sometimes I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach but it isnt hunger, because I cant bring myself to eat.
Casey

Postby bella_sunday » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Ok so I went back to the bulk billing place and they double checked my blood pressure and it was really good only 118/85 I think. So they prescribed me 30mg of Duromine but only for one month, no repeats. Annoying. Even more annoying is the fact I found out a doctor at the same place gave out a script for 15mg to my friend who is my height and only 65kgs.
But still, I got it!
I'm so excited and nervous to start it. I'm starting tomorrow.
I'm going to set my alarm for 5am and wake up and take it and try and go back to sleep. Then have breakfast at 7.30 and maybe go to the gym around 9ish.
I'm planning on following this plan:

Breakfast: Weetbix Crunch Bites or porridge + Low fat milk,(200 cal) fruit (60 cal) and 1/2 a protein shake made with water (60 cal)
Snack: 1/2 protein shake with water,(60 cal) fruit (60 cal)
Lunch: chicken or tuna or salmon salad,(250 cal) fruit (60 cal)and cup of air popped pop corn. (20 cal)
Snack: Low fat Natural greek yoghurt with an apple and cinnamon (160 cal)
Dinner: Fish or chicken or beef or lamb with veggies and salad + 1 table spoon of oil (NO POTATO NO RICE NO PASTA NO SALT) (300 cal)
Snack: Yoplait Forme yoghurt, 8 almonds (150 cal)
Total: Roughly 1300. (which is what MyFitnessPal tells me to eat.)

And exercise I plan to do 40 minutes cardio everyday plus 2 gym classes a day, and 3 weights sessions a week.
Cardio I do 5 minute warm up, 15 minutes interval running, then 20 minutes on the rower. Gym classes I do zumba, pilates, boxing, kickboxing, body pump and yoga. I've just started personal training, and that makes up one weights session a week the other 2 i do on my own although I plan on increasing to 2 PT sessions a week. Sometimes I also walk laps in the pool. I also use the vibro trainer machines for toning and cellulite.
And I always have a spa, steam and sauna to reward myself after a workout, get rid of the cellulite and try to get massages weekly/fortnightly and I religiously exfoliate, dry body brush and moisturise.
I swear, I am spending a fortune on this weightloss/looking good thing!

What I've also done is just ordered Tracy Anderson's Method Metamorphosis workout DVD for the 'Omnicentric' body type which means you gain all over as my weight is quite evenly distributed. Hopefully this won't take too long to arrive as it supposed to be quite shape changing. Its like 40 minutes of dancing/cardio and 45 minutes of matt work and focuses on accessory small muscles.

Here are my stats:

Highest weight: 117kgs
Lowest weight: 57kgs (2004)
Starting weight: 115kgs
Current weight: 114kgs
Goal weight 1: 100kgs
Goal weight 2: 85 kgs
Goal weight 3: 70kgs
Ultimate goal weight: 55kgs

Plan:
Follow the Brekky, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack Eating plan with NO SUGAR, NO RICE, NO PASTA, NO POTATOS, NO SALT, NO BUTTER, LIMITED OIL, 4 pieces of fruit a day, 2 serves dairy, no good carbs after 1pm, PROTEIN WITH EVERY MEAL EVEN IF ITS JUST NUTS, splitting protein shakes into 2 serves, have lemon in hot water when i wake up with my pill, and 2 table spoons of vinegar before meals to kick start the metabolism even more, fish oil capsules with meals, 1 tall glass of water every half hour, drink only black or green tea, NO COFFEE SOFT DRINK DIET SOFT DRINK ALCOHOL OR CIGARETTES OR CHOCOLATE
Follow the cardio, strength and flexibility fitness plan with 40 mins cardio a day, 3x weights, 1 strength or cardio class a day and 1 flexibility class a day (then adding Tracy Anderson Method to the mix as fitness improves)
Also have duromine for 3 months and then wean off it for 4th month by going down a dose for 2 weeks then every second day for a week then every 3rd day for 4th week.
Finally record progress by official weekly weigh ins, take measurements weekly, as well as a progress photo.
And check in here daily to keep you updated on any losses, side effects and progress of diet and fitness, along with a journal for the emotional side and side effects. I will be seeing a pyschologist to battle my eating disorder past, binge eating, food addiction, low self esteem and worth and respect and for tips on dealing with these and losing weight and emotional baggage.

So, I think I've got this thing sorted. Wish me luck, I begin tomorrow! I won't lie, I did say farewell to my old life and my last days as being fat by having macca's for lunch (oh dear!) but I'm betting its the last time for a long while. Even if I cheat, I've planned treats like weight watchers puddings, a wholemeal pasta with scallops, rye toast with avocado or 1 slice of cheesecake (but only once a month!).

Come on, I know we can do this!!!! I'll speak to you all tomorrow!
bella_sunday

Postby kiwichick » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 pm

bella_sunday you sound so motivated I really hope you do really well!
Casey good luck for weigh in!

There is 11 of us so far in the Duromine group I started on facebook, please feel free to come and join we tend to be online far more often which is great for support. I'm not sure if this link works but search it otherwise:

'duromine success stories and motivation' im not sure if this link will work but will be great to have more regular contact )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/209530019094725/

Anita
kiwichick

Postby bella_sunday » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 am

Ok so Day 1.
Woke up and took the pill at 5am.
Weighed myself at 8am. No change.
Just had breakfast of half a mango and 40grams weetbix. (about 7 bites)
I think I feel full but I also have a kinda funny tummy from last nights dinner so I don't actually know if its the duromine.
Theres definitely something happening in my stomach I do feel full. And I wasn't hungry for breakfast, I had to say, I better eat now before its morning tea time.
I dont feel any sort of speed-y effects or energy either. I do feel quite clear headed and awake, but at the same time, my brain wouldn't object to me going back to bed. I do have sort of butterflies and my heart is a bit fluttery but that could be nerves, when I took the pill my heart was in my mouth I was so nervous, and I KNOW the effects couldnt be the instantaneous that my heart would be racing that much.
I was kinda hoping for some energy/speed effects, my room needs a good cleaning lol but I suppose its a good thing.
I think I slept in too late for the gym classes I wanted, but zumba is on at 5 so I might go at 3.30 and do some weights, cardio and zumba. Hopefully the famous energy will kick in.
bella_sunday

Postby Casey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:50 am

bella_sunday,

I have not experienced the increased energy/decreased sleeping side effects of the drug. Well, during the day I do go through 2- 3 fifteen minute phases where I am quite jittery, but thats it. This morning (no work - yay!) I woke at 5 to take the tablet and then slept till 7:30.

I do experience stomach pains (like butterflies) throughout the day - not sure if this is hunger or my body getting used to eating less, because I cant really eat when I feel them. I am having five small meals a day. Yesterday, at the end of the day I counted that I had had 1000 calories (500 of them were fruits, vegetables and rice cakes).

Also, I dont think you should expect change within three hours. Its a little unrealistic. Sorry! But good attitude! :D
Casey

Postby Casey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Just weighed in - I have lost two kilos this week. 0.8 in the last 36 hours alone!
Casey

Postby bella_sunday » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Wow that is great Casey! Congratulations :)

I would be very happy to lose 2 kgs a week, I'm aiming for 2.5-3 I know its ambitious but I'm planning on exercising a lot as I mentioned.
Also I am on Medformin and Topamax which work as appetite supressants and metabolism boosters as well, I checked with the chemist if its alright to combine these with Duromine and he said its fine.
Apparently they are actually developing a drug that combines phentermine (duromine) with topamax to make an anti -obesity drug. So theoretically I am trialling that in a way.
I slept like a baby last night, after a few interruptions of getting up to go to the toilet from all the water I drank. Definetly 2.5 litres.
Just a few nervous butterflies still and a bit of a headache, no other side effects at all touch wood. Although I feel like its not working cos I'm not getting the side effects even though I am not feeling hungry.
I did feel hungry this morning cos I only had 1 piece of toast no fruit and it was just wholemeal-usually I have sourdough rye. That was disappointing as it was specifically supposed to be a cheat meal cos its sunday and it didnt feel like it as it was shitty bread so it really wasnt worth it, and after the gym I was so hungry I just had 1/2 a mango.
Going to try not to weigh myself until next saturday. I dont think I will see any results until then.
Did Chi Ball this morning which is like Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates. And will probably do Cosmo Healh Workout this afternoon and a big beach walk and up a hill.
workout schedule for the week is:
monday: pump, boxing, cardio, cosmo health workout
tuesday: pilates, zumba, boxing, cardio, cosmo health workout
wednesday: personal training, chi ball, cardio
thursday: pump, zumba toning, pilates, cosmo health workout
friday: zumba, yoga, cardio, cosmo health workout (weights maybe, depending on recovery)
saturday: pump, pilates, zumba, cosmo health workout, cardio.

I will do my measurements on monday though, its been 3 weeks since I last did them, and 3 weeks of relative clean eating and exercising without duromine so I will see if theres been an improvement.
bella_sunday

Postby Casey » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:32 pm

How on earth do you have the time for that much exercise? Do you have a job at the moment?

I find that what I do - a half hour walk in the morning, forty five minute walk in the evening and half an hour of wii - is just squeezed in with my full time job and part time study.
Casey

Postby bella_sunday » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:19 am

Haha I'm on a gap year, I took time a year off to lose weight and have wasted the first half sadly with failed attempts. I did try working for short periods of times but the hours were too long so I quit.
Next year I will struggle as I'll have uni 8.30-5.30 plus a 1 hour and half journey there AND BACK, every weekday.
So I'm making the most of my dole bludging days. :mrgreen:
bella_sunday

Postby Casey » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Oh thats what I was like last year - an hour and a half of travel to go to a two hour lecture and then an hour and a half home again. Its not a surprise I didnt have much spare time or energy in my last year of uni.

I have to say everything is going gangbusters now because of the duromine despite having less free time. I am just doing everything I can in any spare time I can find. Example - my alarm goes off at five to take the tablet. I take it, go to sleep for half an hour, then get up at 5:30 and go for a walk, instead of getting up at 6 like I used to. I do exercises (lunges, squats, crunches) while I watch telly and march my legs while I sit and work on the computer (not sure if that does anything but all action has to help out somehow, right?) . I also do my best not to sit at work.

I find the price of the tablets is a huge motivation - who wants to waste that much money?
Casey

Postby bella_sunday » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Yeah you defs don't want to waste money.

I weighed in this morning and have lost 2kgs since starting the duromine.

Thats 5kgs in the past 3 weeks.

Also measured, and since 3 weeks ago have lost:

7cms from my waist

7cms from my bust

5.5cms from my mid thigh

3cms from my hips

2.5cms from my arm

Yay!
bella_sunday

Postby ofa atu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi everyone..

Been reading and following for a while. I have been on duromine for almost 3 weeks now. I skip the weekends though. Have lost 7.3 kg combined with healthy eating and 4 visits a week to the gym. :D

Started at 121.4
Current 114.1

So very happy.

But am not liking the headaches I seem to be getting the same time each afternoon. I am drinking heaps of water. Over 2 litres a day easily. Had a check up recently as I was worried about my blood pressure, but it was perfect and the doctor advised to keep it up and come back in two weeks.

Anyone else getting headaches? I am seriously considering weaning myself off it and just keeping up the gym etc.
ofa atu

Postby Casey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:21 pm

I am not getting headaches but I am quite disenchanted with duromine. I feel like I am not losing enough weight. 3 kilos in two and a half weeks.
Casey

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories