It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

Free Newsletter

My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Weight-Loss Experience on DUROMINE

Postby teddybear17 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi again, well I am not losing really good amounts, 2.2kg then only 200 grams, but no side effects either, and I am on a fairly strict diet and also walking and doing some passive exercising. Will just have to keep slugging on. Anyway, my doctor told me that she is only allowed to prescribe Duromine for 3 months in any one year period here, so not sure about other places.

Postby hummingbird01 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:00 pm

hi- well i finally got around to getting the script for duromine today. Its 30mg, for 3 months. will fill it tomorrow. Am wondering if ill have success on it again. lost 30kgs last time- of course also using healthy eating plan and exercise ( walking ).
so start weight is 94 ish kg. would love to shed 20 kgs in the three months. Hope to share stories/experiences in this thread. :)

Postby snoopy2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 pm

I came across this thread whilst searching for the side effects of duromine, which I have just started today. I have joined this group from NZ.
I know how to lose weight - I have done it 'the hard way' plenty of times - but this time it isn't moving, because a change in my work routine means I am living a very sedentary life, working from home, sitting at a computer for most of the day...
A colleague told me about duromine so on an annual trip to my Doctor I asked about it. She was very reluctant to prescribe, but after telling her about my eating and exercise routine, she decided to give me a month's trial.
I am 47 years old, genetically pre-disposed to weighing heavy, and always needing to watch my weight. As my weight rises my self esteem plummets, and I often undo all the good work I have done... My problem is generally with portion size as opposed to bad choices. I also do not have an innate 'I love exercise' gene, but do see a PT once a week, try to do my home programme, and walk me dogs for 45 mins several times a week, so I am not a slug.
Day one of duromine, 93.6 kg, 6 kg heavier than this time last year and not far off my heaviest weight ever of 96.6 kg.
I am hoping that the duromine will give me a kick start, as once I start to lose weight and feel better about myself, I feel better able to exercise and enjoy it more too. I only want it to get me going in the right direction...
So far the only side effect has been a dry mouth. I have eaten 3 meals and have had no desire to snack or eat after dinner. I have wanted to drink water not Coke Zero when thirsty - bonus! But I haven't been to bed yet so will see if I am haunted by insomnia!

Postby OU812 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Well, I reckon I’ve tried almost everything except surgery (although I did go to the info session), diets and dieticians, exercise, Naturopaths, herbal and traditional and Thyroxin to name but a few. I have just come off Metformin three days ago at the request of my Dr because I had suspicions that it wasn’t working and he agreed. Blood tests were showing that I should have lost weight, but alas, no. My Dr was stumped as was I so he prescribed Duromine. This is day 2. No weight loss so far. But that’s not unusual for me.

I suppose a bit of background (it feels a little like a dating site! Haha), I am a guy, 47 and always been very active in the gym until about 8 yrs ago when my body just decided that it didn’t want to do it any more. I wouldn’t say I was a body builder but that’s how I trained and I had developed that sort of physique. I was about 95-100kg and lean. Trained min 5 days a week interspersed with lots of cardio. So I reckon I know how to exercise.

Having said all that, I can truthfully say that I haven’t always been a “fatty”. At the moment I weight (as of this morning) 112.6kg. I guess that over the last 3-4 yrs I have lost quite a bit if muscle bulk, but not all so it’s not ALL fat, but recently I was diagnosed with Syndrome X. Yes, not matter what I do, exercise wise and no mater what I eat, whether it’s a very healthy diet of lean meats and fresh vegies (my partner is a vegetarian, so I’m not getting out of it that easy) or a bad diet of fried foods, which I can honestly say I don’t really do, I can’t loose any real weight. I can loose maybe 1-3 kg! Great I think when I jump on the scales and then 2 days later its all back and then it takes me another 2 weeks to loose that, only to regain it by doing nothing to encourage it. I am currently exercising. I have taken up running on the treadmill. I’ll run maybe 5ks in my lunchtime (I have a gym at my work, so I have no excuse not to go), and I’ll maybe loose about a kg in sweat, but as soon as I have that first big gulp of water or my lunch, its back on. So after eating well and exercising regularly, I can say that I weight exactly the same as I did 12 months ago. Very depressing.

Now I have my Duromine! Well, it’s more Metermine. Man! is it expensive or what! So I hope it’s not just my wallet that loses the weight. Ok, dry mouth, check, headache, check, sleeping at night? I have good nights and bad nights anyway, so I guess my sleeping is as normal. I was awake from about 3-4.30 this morning, but that’s not uncommon for me anyway. Hungry? no more that usual. I am by no means an over-eater, I am an average eater. I drink alcohol in moderation and I don’t smoke anymore. So in all I think I’m doing everything I can to facilitate some decent weight loss. I’ll keep you posted.

Postby jinky66 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:22 pm

I started on Duromine nearly a month ago and was very happy with 6Kg loss so far the problem i have is that the GP i saw originally is now gone and the replacement flatly refuses to give me a script for the next month.
I wonder if anyone can help point me in the direction of a medical centre in Brisbane who can see that this product does work for some people and will let me continue.

Thanks in advance jinky66

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Jinky66. That's a massive loss of 6kg in a month. Your program must really be working well with you. Keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time. Just don't lose focus, okay? Don't starve yourself too. :)
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg

Postby michelle17 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 am

hi everyone just wanna share my duromine experience as i ahve found all your comments helpful and interesting...
i am 26 years old and weighed in at 88kgs after having my second child a year ago i can not shed the weight (previous weight 75kgs)
so i spoke to doc about duromine and after being assessed was prescribed 30g...i am on my 3rd day this is my experience so far
day 1
very very dry discusting taste in mouth,very speedy,figity,awake,restless,had absolutly no appetite but made myself eat,itchy skin and awake all night..
i made sure i ate breakfast lunch and dinner and small snacks it was just in much less amounts as i got full quick :-)
a bit better still dry mouth,speedy,loss of appetite only thing that changed was slept much better.
feeling a bit more hungry than last 2 days but could only consume small amount,still speedy,itchy skin,dry mouth etc
maintained healthy diet and only drank water,tea and coffee these 3 days.
i weighed myself this mornign out of curiosity and have lost a whopping 3 kgs in 2 days so now im worried is this too much too quick??
i have not started exercising yet but plan to next week and also wondering will these uncomfortable side affects stay the time i take duromine or just till ive adjusted to it (saying i do adjust)??? and also wondering about not taking it for a few days to give myself a break then take it again im skepticle of this as i have been told when you take it again it doesnt work as well.
can anyone help me with any of these questions and my experience would really appreciate it.
will keep everyone updated on my weight loss i really hope its a continual gradual thing and not only loose it in first week.

Postby lil_weiron » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:08 am

nikki_22979 wrote:Hello can anyone tell me if they know of a doctor that will prescribe duromine in perth...I live in rockingham but can't seem to find one that will? :x

Did you ever have any luck finding a Doc ? i know its an old post but im from rocko too and I was given a script from the rockingham clinc .. i cant remember the dr coz ive seen a few from there but i think it may have been carmichael patu..

Postby OU812 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Ok, so im off Duromine now. Was on it for about 3 months (30's then 40's), but it just stopped working. I was at my GP's yesterday and about a few things and I mentiojned that I think that it wasnt working. I asked him to check my BP and it wasnt in the normal range. He said come off the Duromine and see after about a week or so if it drops. I was taking it everyday at the same time arond 6.30 am but to no avail, my weight just stayed the same. I lost maybe 2 kg's on it but thats all. Its a bit disheartening but its too expensive to just take everyday when your not etting any of the benifits.

Well, good luck to the rest of you and I hope you all reach your dream goals! Cheers everyone.

Postby bne25 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone, it's been a couple years since I've been on there, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Duromine friendly doctor in Brisbane? My previous doctor retired in November last year and having since been to two other doctors, I've had no success.

Any recommendations? :)

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 pm

The only suggestion I have is - don't use it! :shock: :lol:

It is not a long term solution and is a terrible short term choice.

Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to True Stories