It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 am

Free Newsletter

My 7kg barrier...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My 7kg barrier...

Postby KimE » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:00 pm

I have not attempted many different types of diets because for a long time I was still happy with myself even as I got bigger. Then I started to feel quite depressed whenever I looked at photos and as the clothing size crept up and up I knew it was time to start doing something about it. Mind you that was 8 years ago!!

I mentioned in my introduction that I have attempted weight loss twice before both times within the last 4-5 years. Both of those instances I managed to lose 7kg. I get to that magical number and then slowly start to put it back on and the last time put on more ending up at 85kg. I have been wondering why this happens and have realised at the 7kg mark I feel better, clothes fit better or don't fit because they are now too loose. I too quickly forget the effort it has taken to loose those 7 and start adding treats and not exercising enough after all I can handle it! I won't put much on! Just a few and then a few more and then well you know how it goes....

So as I approach this mark again I have been analysing my past behaviour so I won't make the same mistakes again and then the voice started (you have been so good, you can have something special, one of those easter bunnies would be the ticket oh and maybe some of those chips). I am pleased to say that didn't happen and that my attitude is completely different this time around with my focus on a healthy diet and regular exercise rather than just getting to a goal as I believe the goal will be met by the healthy lifestyle. Another big difference this time is I am finally losing weight for myself which wasn't necessarily the case before.

I know it was kinda long but sometimes it helps just to get it off your chest...
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:41 pm

Well that is what this forum is all about Kim. You have done well to recognise where you have a problem. Now the trick is to over come that problem!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:42 pm

wow I hope you manage to get past that 7kg mark this time. Perhaps you could put up a slim photo of yourself (in the room you eat in the most) to tell yourself to go further, until you actually reach your real goal.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:04 pm

Maybe you could (if you have the money) replace the clothes as they get looser with ones that are just tight on you so that you don't get that "it's ok, my clothes fit right now" feeling. I've thrown out all my original clothes and am nearly having to get rid of the ones I got to replace them :shock:

I'm only buying a few things though as I don't like to trow away almost new clothes and I'll only have to buy new ones in a couple of months.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:56 pm

Thanks they are great ideas. Hmm... a slim photo of myself I think I was about 14 does that count? Perhaps I could use a slim photo of someone else :D I know, I know I'm being silly.

I can now get into a couple of pairs of pants I couldn't it into for over a year and all the regular pants I was wearing now swim on me. In fact some I can take off without undoing the zip! I have two more pairs of pants I haven't worn for over 2 years and I can now get into those but they are tight. My hubby suggested the same as Tegan only buying a few clothes as I go rather than a whole wardrobe so not as much wastage and I agree with this. Have noticed a slight reduction up top but mostly from the waist down. To be honest I can't see a lot of change in the mirror but I am going off the way I feel, how my clothes are fitting and the scales and that all says I'm on the right track.

l
Look down there v I'm so close I can taste it....and it's not chocolate coated!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby KimE » Fri May 05, 2006 6:46 pm

I did it. :D :D :D

I am so happy with this. The barrier is broken.

Next milestone is 72 kg as I haven't been below that in 5 years or more.

Ceeeeleeebration time ...come on....it's a celebration!!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 05, 2006 7:26 pm

Well done Kim! See we knew you could do it. And you have proved to yourself that you can. And you should certainly celebrate. But keep up the hard work so you can get to the next goal. A big hug from me. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Hayleyd » Fri May 05, 2006 10:00 pm

YAY KIM WELL DONE. I AM DEFINATLEY CELEBRATING WITH YOU.DIDNT WANT TO MISS THE PARTY.BE GOOD YOU CAN DO IT!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby KimE » Fri May 05, 2006 10:11 pm

Thanks for your support.

Big Hugs.
Start Weight - 85 kgs