It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:41 am

Free Newsletter

Weightloss Girls Diary Saturday 23/7

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Weightloss Girls Diary Saturday 23/7

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:21 am

Morning Girls
5am and all is well.............huh than why am I awake :cry: just makes the day so long.
Serena this cleaning habit of your partner sorry will have to check back and see if its your hubby I can really relate to, my Andy and I have been together 5 years and married for just over 1 and he has a problem with cleaning too, at first it got right up my nose, it still does but not so far :lol: My first hubby I did everything because I thought it was my duty to do just that and then with Andy the first time he cooked dinner for me I got up and started taking the pots away he said what are you doing, and I said I am going to wash up and he said no I am and I replied why don't you think I can do it properly, but he said no I like to do it, he likes to do housework where its important to me to be clean and tidy but its not the most important thing in my life, so now he does the housework I get tinges of guilt but he said I work harder than him so he does not mind doing it, I do the washing and we share the cooking, and it works well.
btw I am awake becuase I ate too much at tea time
enjoyed my own cooking too much
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:14 am

I can't believe it Andy needed to use the net, we have two computer but only one internet connection......... so I thought I would take my coffee back to bed with Harry Potter, I read a couple of chapters and I though mmmm maybe I could go back to sleep and I had another couple of hours sleep it was lovely it meant I didn't have breakfast till 9am where by I would be ready for another feed by then after having brekky at 6am, I am going to have just a general lazy day today, do some washing watch some DVD's spend some time on here, have taken a small roast out of the freezer for tea, I like these days on my own I enjoy my own company
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi Ladies I'm taking the weekends off.
This cold weather is sending me back to bed, I ache all over. I must be getting old or something.

Catch ya Monday
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:33 pm

You take it easy Dolly there is so many flu's going around
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Well, I was still mad at Darren this morning so I decided that if he was going to force me to tidy up the dining room (we have built in bookshelves that get fairly messy since nothing officially lives there and where I come from, vacant flat spaces are fair game) then I would start with a shopping trip to Howard's storage world. Do you guy's have Howard's? One just opened up here around Christmas and they just have the coolest crap. So anyway, I bought some pretty cool storage boxes that look pretty nice on those bookshelves so I can still have my junk out and accessible but Darren doesn't have to look at it. And then I kind of got into the sorting. I cleaned the rangehood! Who does that? Took out the filters and the glass panels and it was all gross and slimy. I think I've mentioned before that housework isn't one of my strengths. It took me ages to figure out how to pull it apart since I generally only wipe over it. It hasn't been cleaned properly since the kitchen was done 12 months ago. Then I nominated the cupboard just above it as the cookbook cupboard and organised that. Even though we have a new kitchen, everything is unorganised because Darren decided he couldn't wait for me to organise things and just shoved things wherever, making twice as much work for me. We have two distinct cleaning philosophies. I like things to be organised and done properly, I don't mind if it's messy as long as everything has a logical home. Darren likes things to be tidy and as long as he doesn't have to look at it he doesn't care where it gets shoved.

So I'm a bit of a journal girl from way back, as you've probably already gathered by all the waffle, and I also used to do a lot of drawing. But with all of the sorting I had some time to think and I decided that keeping all of this old crap is really getting in the way of me moving on with my life, like a mental block, you know. So I sorted through all of these boxes and bookcases in the backrooms and you wouldn't believe the stuff I found. I still had things from high school. So I gathered up all of my journals and artwork, even old photos, and I had myself a bonfire. It was great. It feels very liberating. It hurt burning the artwork though. I've always been so proud of my art. But the person who drew them isn't me any more so if I want art then I'll just have to get working again. Tomorrow I just have to go around with a big garbage bag and pick up the ready-made rubbish piles. Easy. Tonight, as a bit of a celebration we've had a bit of an antipasto platter with olives, cheeses, crackers, salami, ssd tomato etc. and a bottle of brown brothers crouchen riesling. Mmmm mmmm! My favourite. But hey, it's the weekend!

By the way Pam, Darren and I aren't married but we have been living together for about 3 years now. Sometimes I think he's waiting till he wakes up one day and finds I've magically transformed into the perfect little trophy wife. I know I won't be holding my breath!
Serena

Return to True Stories