It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Diary 24/7

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Diary 24/7

Postby Maraver » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:36 am

Morning girls just a quickie to get us all started, been up since the crack of dawn, have promised Andy a cooked brekky but have been having some good positve thoughts for some challenges for us all. Hope you are feeling better this morning Dolly
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:28 am

Thanks Pam, for almost a month now I've been waking up with tight painful muscles. The muscles press tight on the nerves and I ache worse.
Once I've done some stretching and had a daily hot bath the pain lessens.
Apparently it's just one of the symptoms of my hypothyroidism (one day when we've finished paying for the kids uni fees I'll be able to afford an endocrinologist instead of just the local GP.

I've now gone onto international roast decaffinated coffee and it may be a coincidence but without the caffine I used to swallow i'm aching a bit less this morning.

I browsed though some old magazines I was given by a friend and there was a mini leaflet/booklet attached to one. It was called the Sugar Addicts Diet (a sign from God as nothing is really coincidence) so seeing I've gained 1½ kilo overnight (thats what some thyroid gland problems do) I decided to stick with it for the recommended 21 days (fingers and eyes crossed that it works)

Serena, that is so wonderful that you had the strength to get rid of all that clutter, I'm so proud of you as I know it must have been a hard decision.
So often we are tied to collectable memorabillia that we will probably only glimpse every 10 years.
This very morning whilst sitting in bed I looked at all our boxes of photo's and boxes of storage junk (and yes I also have drawings that I did as a kid and my kids did as kids) so I said to my self, "Dolly if you were to suddenly die, would you really want your family to have to sift through this space filling stuff that nobody else wants and of course the reply was a big fat "no!"
So it was really amazing that you were actually doing the very same thing as I was thinking of doing.
Here is a wonderful site that you may have heard of it's called
http://flylady.com/
If you sign up with this free site they email you you step by step instructions on how to clean and clutter free you house.
I did it for 2 years but found I couldn't keep up as I'm a slacker by nature. Fly Lady is definately worth a try though.

Got to visit the folks this morning so I'd better shake a leg.

Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:36 am

Morning everyone, Sunday is our Eggs & Bacon brekkie after a sleep in. The eggs are boiled and the low fat bacon is cooked using only a spray of olive oil, so I don't feel guilty. :wink:

Then I thing I'll just curl up with a book for the rest of the day as I'm exhausted after having my 6 year old granddaughter here for a week. :shock:

Hope everyone has a good day :)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:40 am

Fairie, that breakfast sounds healthy and yummy.
Enjoy your day of rest, it sounds like you've really earned it.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:22 am

Thought I would join in on this diary thing too...

The last couple of days havent been the best for food intake or exercise but I'm not going to dwell on it or make excuses... I have just been lazy and I only have myself to blame. Tomorrow is a new day and I will embrace it with open arms.

I'm still happy that I have lost almost 5.5kg in the last month - its amazing how a few small changes to your life effects things.

Today we are having a BBQ for lunch. I've packed some healthy low fat salads and I'm not taking a trailer load of meat because I know I will just sit there and over eat (and thats something I'm trying to avoid). After lunch we are going for a walk along the river. It'll be good to get some fresh air - (I do all my workouts inside because I'm pretty sure Magpie Season is right around the corner and there is no way I wanna be swooped - too many bad childhood memories!) So I am crossing my fingers that the magpies havent made their home near the river...

I was going to make my weekends exercise free but then I think i will just become slack and not do any on mondays and so on. And I figure if I can find 30 mins on a weekday, surely I can find 30 mins on the weekends.

About clearing the clutter - I cant bear to throw anything from my childhood out. I dont care what room it takes up, I want to be able to show it to my children and my childrens' children one day.. I throw some stuff out but I dont think I will ever be 'clutter' free.... My dad is the same - he's kept all the little notes that my sisters and I have written to him over the years and all those scribbles - I think its sweet lol

Anyway - I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday - Dont work too hard!

Emma :D
emma21

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi Emma, The good thing about clearing space is you can scan much loved art pieces and photos into the computer to view them at a later date. Although it's a bit hard to scan a much loved toy or childhood favorite dress etc.
Have fun at your BBQ and let us know if you managed to stay away from the naughty foods.

Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:57 pm

Did pretty good at the BBQ as planned... avoided any of the creamy salads...

Went for a walk... Didnt walk as far as I would have liked but we had to be somewhere soon after lunch.

I felt so bloated after lunch and I wasnt going to cook any dinner, but I have others to consider in the house so i did. Ate some, now i feel even more bloated - but I guess that will pass....

Im exercising my bum off 2moro....

Nite nite

Emma :)
emma21

Postby Serena » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:15 pm

Thanks for the tips on clutter clearing Dolly. I will look that website up later, it sounds like a good one. Trust me, I have plenty more clutter to clear. What you were saying about when you die and leaving your loved one's to clean away all your junk is so true. I remember when my Grandfather died he was like the grand champion of hoarders. And he lived 5 hours away so every Friday night after school the family would drive the 5 hours to his house with the trailer on the back and we would spend all weekend cleaning and sorting and doing runs to the tip. Some of the crap he saved! And we would bring the trailer back full, transplanting the crap from his garage to ours. It took us months to get rid of it all. I wouldn't want to burden someone else with that. But I'm also very touchy about my crap. I hate other people touching my stuff, especially things like journals and artwork, the really personal stuff, and I would hate for other people to be rifling through it.
Serena

Return to True Stories