It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

new to it all- just wanting to tell my story and get help

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

new to it all- just wanting to tell my story and get help

Postby iwant2bfatnomore » Wed May 21, 2008 4:12 pm

hi everyone,
i am new to this forum, i actually come across it accidently, and to tell you the truth i am happy that i did.

i am 21 and live in Vic, Aus. i currently weigh 81kg's. i started off at 110.8kg's 2-3 years ago. i have a goal to be down to 69kg's and i am hoping to get there before the end of the year.

i have read how well everyone else is doing here and i thought that i could maybe join ina dn some of your luck would rub off on me. i have hit a plateau and am hoping to get motivation from people to keep me going.

i have started running on the treadmill everynight and am hoping that by friday-my weigh in day that i will be over my plateau and have lost some wieght this week.

hopefully i will talk to you all soon

Kylie
iwant2bfatnomore

Re: new to it all- just wanting to tell my story and get help

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Welcome Kylie!

This is a great place to come for motivation - you'll find lots of encouragement and positivity. Sounds like you have a good plan in place with exercise, and you have already come a long way. Fingers crossed for leaving the plateau behind - that's my mission this week too!!

Good luck!

Lisa xx :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby iwant2bfatnomore » Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 pm

thanks Lisa.

i was thinking of joining a netball team in my area, but with liited time it's just impossible.

as i was teased all through school i have left all "friends" behind and moved on with just my partner & family.
i get lots of support from my partner and family, it's just not the smae as having a wieght loss buddy though.

i ahve been on site after site to find friends- as sad and silly as that sounds, but it's true. so far i have had no luck. here's hoping that soemthing may come out of this website.
sometimes you just need to get out with a few friends and let your hair down, i just haven't experienced that for a few years now.

anyway enough about the sad stuff. good luck to everyone with there weight loss.

Kylie
iwant2bfatnomore

Postby Athena » Thu May 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi Kylie, I'm new here to but from what I've seen there's a great enviroment here. From my experience haveing friends around you is very important, but that only works if there good friends that support you.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Re: new to it all- just wanting to tell my story and get hel

Postby PenM » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Yes, supporting friends can lift our motivation to the highest level but I think inspirational true story can help either. And you can find those stories here, in weightloss.com.au
PenM

Postby rebeccab1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:12 am

hi! i was reading your post and i too hit a plateau a few weeks ago. the thing that helped me was figuring out exactly how many calories i need to lose weight and also how to adjust them when i hit a plateau. i have spent a lot of time reading articles and trying diets, but the thing that i think helped me the most is a software program that i bought. it calculates your calorie intake and you can create a meal plan that is customized to fit your needs-not someone else's. i think it is the best weightloss product that i have spent my money on. i have only had it for about 2 weeks and i can tell a difference already. here's the link if you want to try it out. Link deleted by moderator - no blatant adverising, thanks you might have to copy and paste it into your address bar. hope i helped you! let me know how it goes!
rebeccab1

Postby Rosie Peters » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi there

Plateaus are so frustrating. One thing you can do is shock your body by changing your diet for awhile. Go low carb at night for a couple of weeks by eating just plenty of lean protein and some leafy veggies or salad and cut out the potatoes,pasta,bread,rice type plate fillers altogether. (It's a bit hard for most of us to contemplate dinner without these items, but it will give your weight loss a nudge).

Another good thing to do is to alter your exercise routine - try throwing in one or two high intensity interval training type activities in the week, like if you go walking, find a few sets of steps or a couple of hills to challenge you. Our cunning bodies very quickly adapt to "steady state" diet and exercise programs and learn how to conserve energy (fat deposits) if we don't outsmart them :D
Rosie Peters

Return to True Stories