It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:04 am

Free Newsletter

My w8 loss story to add to the list

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My w8 loss story to add to the list

Postby tzad2000 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:49 pm

Like much of the female population I have always been concerned about my weight & went on my first diet at age 12 because I BALLOONED OUT(to 55kg LOL). I was encouraged by my other who from all my childhood memories was forever on a diet & eating cottae cheese on crackers & brussel spouts at dinner( I have been scarred for life)
So from the age of 12 I have been forever watching and dieting to keep myself at a reasonable weight. For the last 10 years I have been a regular gym goer but that did not stop me putting on 18+ during my first pregnancy. 3-4 sessions a week at 6am til 37 weeks & I still piled on the weight. Obviously I had alot of work to do to lose weight after the baby & nievely thought that 3-4 weeks post baby I could bounce back & be at the gym. LOL
I finally made it to the gym after 5 months & it took me 6 months to lose a measly 4kg that I had remaining from the pregnancy. It killed me to lose the weight only to start putting in on again 5 months later.
With my 2nd pregnancy I wasnt able to exercise & put on about the same 20kilos.
5 months post baby & getting annoyed with the comments from family about my rolly polly body I wanted to do Tony Ferguson but couldnt because I was breast feeding. I found Admin Censored instead, that worked well with breast feeding & my energy, appettite & cravings were great.

I lost 7kg in 10 weeks WOOHOO!! I have now kept that weight off for 10 months & have now recently started on the program again so I can get the best out of the personal training I am doing.
For those of you out there that may think doing a shake diet like Tony Ferguson or Admin Censored is a cop out (like I did) keep belting it out at the gym to shed the kilos if you want to do it the hard way. For everyone else doing a similar program you know you can all continue to get great results if you have the desire to keep going. Just remember you should be changing your relationship with food through your dieting process so you dont go back to old habits once your maintenance period is over.

If you are still reading up to this point - Thank you for taking the time to read my story. :lol:

Re: My w8 loss story to add to the list

Postby Athena » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:23 pm

You have been in the game for a while havn't you. Sounds to me like the motivation to lose weight comes from the people around you, is that right?
It's times like these you learn to live again

Postby tzad2000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 pm

I would say my mums endless dieting influenced me when i was young otherwise why would I be dieting at age 12. We didnt have TV at home or magazines to say it was the media inlfuence.
But I was also a kid that loved all sports & athelics at school & loved exercising. That continued into adulthood with the gym.
I have always been at a healthy weight range not skinny in any sense so it was a bit of a shock to be getting comments from my parents about putting on weight. Trying to explain to them that I havent put on weight I just havent lost it after the pregnancy didnt make a difference. Because when your hormonal & sleep deprived those are the last comments you want to hear.

But having said that the determination to want to lose weight to get back into my wardrobe was a big driving force. I was doing it for ME You have to want to do it for yourself!!
My husband needs to lose 20kg & no amount of naging & bugging & words of encouragement seem to make a difference he cant do it for me he has to do it for himself & that goes for everyone.

Postby marshal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:48 am

A mother needs good nutrition when she is feeding the baby. Thus, at that time females must be less conscious about weight and all. What I think is that after the baby is around 7-10 months old, you must let her have the animal milk. And now, the time has started for you to lose those extra pounds.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. ~World Health Organization
Read reviews on famous weight loss products like wu-yi tea, proactol and hoodia gordonii plus.

Postby tzad2000 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 am

I totally agree with you. When breast feeding you need the best nutrition possible. Unfortunately for some mums you can go half the day before realising you havent eaten & you still in your PJ's at 2pm. So for me having a Admin Censored shake with my multivitamins gave me alot more nutrition than a toast & a coffee could give me.
And yes weight loss should not be the most important thing after having a baby, but when weight & its issues have been in the forefront of your mind for a very long time its a bit hard to switch off even after a big event like having a baby.

Return to True Stories