It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Free Newsletter

My true story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My true story

Postby FlaGal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:43 am

I have been married for 41 years to my husband, and I began gaining weight not long after i got married. He had to travel alot the first 20 years of our marriage and we ate out so much that I bega putting on the weight and during that time I had two children and keep gaining weight.
When I realized how big I was I began dieting and could never stick to one in order to lose the weight. I would lose alittle but only to gain it back. Now I am at my biggest ever and just have to lose it. It depresses me so much to be so large. I feel people stare at me and I can barelky fit into the booths in a resturant anymore. I have to shop in the fat ladies sectionof the stors to buy my clothes and I hate that. They never have anything nice I want. I have health problems to now with my knees and hips and can barely walk anymore.
I just have to lose this weight. With me staying so depressed all the time about it it pulls everyone down that I love.
I feel so embarresed to be around anyone any more, I have even stopped going to church because I feel so fat and all the other women in my Sunday School class are thin and dress so nice. I want to be like them so badly.
I did not even go to my class reunion last year because I did not want to face all my school riends looking like I do now. I felt like I would be critized and I could not take that so I did not go to it.
I do not have pictures taken of me because of my weight either.
I have have test to run on me to see if I had any mnedical problem that is causing me to be so fat but it was none, just my bad eating has caused it. I wish I could control my eating, it has gotton so out of hand that I feel like I am not in control of myself anymore. I feel awful all the time and I don't like it. i use to be happy and fun to be with but now I feel no one wants to be around me. Even my sister fusses at me for being over weight. She is not big so she does not know how I feel. i tell her but she does not understand. I am a emotional mess right now.
Everyone thinks I can just stop the eating and lose it but its not that easy, at least it is not for me.

Well thats my true story.........Not a good one but thats all I have for you.
FlaGal
FlaGal

Re: My true story

Postby Rosie Peters » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi there FlaGal
Good on you for posting your story. :) You know, when I read the bit where you say "just my bad eating has caused it" that is the start of a turn around for you. You have recognised the rotten truth that it's your bad eating habits that got you where you are now - you are not in denial. Habits can be broken, but you have to really commit yourself to being healthy as a really top priority in your life.

You are dead right,it's not easy, but others have succeeded so you can too - it is never too late to change your life but you have to do the hard yards before your health deteriorates further, which it will if you don't take action now. If you can set a goal of being fitter and healthier rather than any sort of "I have to lose this much weight" that could put you in a better mindset for success. How about hiring yourself a personal trainer for awhile to work out a good do-able diet and exercise program tailored just for you? One on one with a coach, maybe in the privacy of your home for the first little while, could be just what you need. (Make sure you get a slim and fit personal coach or you're wasting your money. You want someone who knows what they're doing and practices it on themselves.)

Reclaim your life and be happy!
Rosie Peters

Return to True Stories