It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Does your weight stop U from doing things??

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Does your weight stop U from doing things??

Postby kenty85 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:30 pm

I hide behind my weight - there are so many fun things I havent done because of my weight and below I write about the day I realised it!! have others had the same feelings?

Big Girls Don't Ride......Ha Yer Right!
"No really I don't want to hire a scooter, I am scared of the traffic"(complete lie. I am scared of being the heftiest person on a bike in a sea of lithe Vietnamese people, I am scared of my enormous arse being wedged on top of a 125cc scooter, I am scared of being laughed at)

Come on it will be fun says my perfectly proportioned travelling partner(Ha fun! yer right the scooter won't instantly collapse under YOUR weight I think)

He tries another tact , you don't want to do anything on this trip, you just sit around all day doing nothing he voice whines.

OK I snap, I will do it!(Oh dear god kill me now)

We walk the 30 seconds to the bike stand where a tiny Vietnamese lady is squatting in the shade. I am sure I see a look of horror sweep her face as she glances from me to the waiting scooters.

We get two red scooters pulled out of the line for us and we pay the mighty sum of $3 each. Now is the moment the scooter lady and several women friends that have gathered around have been waiting for. Eyes widen in anticipation as I lift my leg over the scooter, it gives a slight groan of protest as I sit, but to my amazement the tyres don't deflate, nuts don't fly off from every direction and the gathered cackle of ladies don't fall to the pavement holding their sides in hysterical fits of laughter.

I start the engine it whirs into life and produces a sound a mosquito would be jealous of. I put it into first and it moves! it actually moves with me perched on top of it, well bugger me! Then I look around me and I see a family of four whizzing past on an identical scooter and then there is two men on a scooter with a full size fridge wedged between them. I watch a sea of people on scooters zip past me. None of them glance in my direction.

6 hours later we are back at the scooter stand. We have ridden past jade green rice paddy fields, flocks of school children on bicycles in unbelievably white uniforms, tiny towns with friendly locals and barking dogs. I am wearing a watermelon smile and have had the best day in a long time. Something is forming in my head and I wonder how many other fantastic days like this have I turned down based on worry about my wobbly bits?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWpGCuR/]
[/url]
kenty85

Re: Does your weight stop U from doing things??

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi I'm new & my weight stops me from enjoying day to day life. :oops:
I have PND so what I felt about my weight is now heightened by uncontrollable and irrational feelings as well.

I won't go to the supermarket without my baby, because I use the pram to hide my fat.
I hardly ever not wear a jumper outside, because I use it to hide my post-pregnancy muffin top.
I doubt I'll be seen at the beach this Summer, despite how much I love it.

I'm sure there is more, I should come back when bub is back in bed.
Cookiemonster... hoping to become a reformed chocoholic.

cookiemonster

Postby HealthyLiving8 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:35 am

I can't anymore join our swimming team :cry:
HealthyLiving8

Postby kj1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 am

That is such an inspiring story kenty!

Cookiemonster, how are you doing now? Sounds terrible. I feel limited through lack of confidence (re. weight). I have a pool that I won't get in when there is company! (hopefully this summer will be different).

KJ.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYN23nZ/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby miranda*jane » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:49 pm

There's heaps of things I wont/didn't do because of my weight.

I didn't go to any of the sports days or swimming carnivals at school because A) I couldn't compete and B) No WAY was I putting on a bathing suit in front of the ENTIRE school.

I absolutely HATED going shopping with my sisters (which is something sisters are SUPOSED to do together).

I never swam in anything besides shorts (normally men's, simpley because I couldn't find and women's to fit me) I still wont wear a bikini...unless it has a full lenght top.

I'm not completely comfortable sitting on my BF lap, even tho he tells me to all the time, insisting I'm not actually that heavy.

There's so many other things I never wanted to do...like get on a motorcycle...I'm not talking Scooter either...I mean and actual cruiser motorbike...16-1800...Now? I'm even thinking of getting my licence...God help us all...

<3M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby kenty85 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:56 am

Miranda Jane,

You should def go get your bike licence I got mine over a year ago and am now on mu P's. I felt really embarrassed going for my L's but I just love motorcycling so much I had to get it. One of the motivating factors in losing weight is the fact that I am currently bike-less :( and will shortly have to go all by myself and buy another one and I am a little embarrassed about doing that at my current weight. But the bike will win any day over my embarrassment. Let me know if you decide to go for it - its so worth doing!!
[/url]
kenty85

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:17 pm

You know it's funny, that's what my boyfriend says...I've always said I'll happily be a passenger...but I'll NEVER be on the front...i don't know why...

I think he's succeding in talking me into it though...I think I'm paranoid of stalling it and falling off as a result or something. Perhaps its the fact that I'd be so increddibly expossed...know what I mean?

<3M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:05 pm

What a story. Wow. I understand though. I guess there and things I havent done because of my weight, its really just one of many reasons why i HAVE to lose it.

Get the bike licenese I would but I cant keep a bike moving to save my life (my mum tried to teach me) which sucks because I LOVE the rush from being on a bike.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby alliek » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Wow. I know exactly how you feel. You see, because I'm concious with how my thighs look, I'm frighted to do something which I absolutely adore. And that's horseriding. As you probably know, when you ride a horse, you got to wear those pants and stuff. Not very flattering when your thighs are big. Anyway, as I begin to lose weight, the dream of me getting back on a horse, is making me have sweaty palms. Hopefully soon. Will take a pic the day it happens.
9/1/08 210 SW | 10/9/08 198 CW |GW - 145
http://www.dietsinfocus.com
alliek

Postby Ophir » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:22 pm

The gym that hubby and i have joined has free racquet ball and squash of a weekday before 5 and all weekend....i refuse to play until im less wobblier. Our old gym memberships expired in July and we have been o/s and moving so are finally settling down into things.

Hopefully in a month or so we will start with racquet ball one day a weekend.
Ophir

Postby kenty85 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Well I Have dont it. I got a bike about 3 weeks ago!! so happy with it and don't give a rats what people are thinking of me :mrgreen:

I am just so happy I got a bike. Woo Hoo!!

[/url]
kenty85

Postby miss.librarian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:58 pm

Congrats on getting the bike!!!
That's a great story, and I have many like that.

My weight has ballooned since getting back from overseas. I was scared to see old friends, because I had put on so much weight. But they were friends with me before I lost it, so they have seen me bigger. I then realised what an awful friend I was being, by thinking that they would not like me, simply because of my weight.

I have refused to go out many a night with my friends when I have been having fat days. I remember one night particularly, when everyone was going out for a friends birthday. I made a lame excuse at the last minute, and my friends were angry, thinking I dogged them. I sat at home all night watching tv, eating microwaved popcorn and mint slice biscuits. It took my friends a couple of days to talk to me, yet I couldnt tell them how I felt. I knew they would laugh at me and tell me I was being silly, but they just wouldn't have understood.

At the moment I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go skydiving and bungee jumping. But I am sure there is a weight limit attached to both. And I feel sorry for the poor guy who has a 6ft, 115kg woman attached to the front of him.

My weight also stops me from going shopping..be it food or clothes. I hate buying food in the supermarket. I feel people are watching what I am putting in and judging me. I hate walking into a clothes shop, cause I always think that the chicks behind the counter are thinking 'yeah right, nothing will fit you in here.'
Even if I want to buy something for a friend, it stops me.

AND the beach. NO NO NO NO NO! Definite no no. Nothing worse then seeing size 6 beauties walking around, looking stunning, while I am all covered up, in loose clothing, trying to look inconspicous , feeling like a beached whale and probably standing out like one.
miss.librarian

Return to True Stories