It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Diary Wednesday 27th July

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Diary Wednesday 27th July

Postby Maraver » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:27 am

Dear Diary
For the first time in 4 years I have chucked a sickie :shock: I never do it but I just felt like a day off
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:01 am

Hi Pam, enjoy your sickie day, I'm sure you need it.

Dear Diary,
normally I'm keen to race into the kitchen and get my breakfast but today I have no desire there (weird huh?)
Perhaps I'll attack the food cupboards later.

For the past couple of months I've had heaps of pain in my old wounds.
Neck ache (from an old whip lash wound I got in the 70's)
Shoulder aching from a torn ligament injury I got at work 10 years ago.
Elbows hurting (one I had broken by a nephew accidently and the other was broken by a pshyco boyfriend in the 80's when he slammed me into a brick wall)
Left knee aching where I fell 2 years ago when I chased away a youth who was trying to smash up our new letter box.
Joint and muscle aches down my spine and everywhere.
Part of my hypothyroid condition is muscle aches but I was hoping that I had avoided that symptom from the list :(

Perhaps I'll get the pretty walking stick out that I purchased 3 years ago as a joke, saying I'd use it for my old age in about 30 years time, ha!

Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:06 pm

Hi Ladies, I think it is this miserable wet & cold weather. I have no motivation to walk/excersise, all the old injury's are sore and aching and in general just feeling like crap. As for food, well the mind and body want totally different things and it's not the mind that is winning. :roll:

I hope everyone is having a better week and we get back on top of things soon.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:35 pm

Fairie, sorry to hear you're getting all the ol' aches and pains too.
I guess we're too used to the summer weather that the cold, evening, winter weather is really penetrating the ol' bones.
Wouldn't it be nice to be rich and move to Darwin each winter where it's 33c. My neice lives there.

I rejoined the free chores thingy http://www.flylady.net and it gave me a chore of doing some gardening, so I forced myself to and feel better for it. The hot bubblebath got rid of half of my aches and pains.
Now Flylady says to go do some exercise, so I think I'll force myself to walk to the shop.
Perhaps when I come back I might feel like some lunch.
I hope I lose some weight today, tomorrow is our weigh in day here and I think my weight might have gone in reverse.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:17 pm

Thus far, today has been pretty good with food and exercise...

Started the day with some toast with peanut butter (no butter), then started the never ending list of things i had to do today...

For lunch I whipped up some low fat pasta and sauce and didnt even eat all of what i had put out for me (I was feeling full :shock: ).

After letting lunch settle for about half an hour I thought it was time for some exercise. I started by doing my 1 mile walking dvd and I was going to repeat it to get some more exercise in. But when i finished I had hardly built a sweat up and I did my 2 mile dvd instead. To finish I did 60 of those wall push ups (been doing those for about 4 days now and am already noticing a difference). So about 55 minutes of exercise today. :D

Not really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow cos I am pretty sure I have gained for the first time in 5 weeks :? But i guess I'll see what happens.

Emma :)

P.S. My suggestion to people who are having problems with walking or exercising due to the weather - get a walking dvd called "Walk Away the Pounds" with Leslie Sansone. You dont need much room inside to do it and you wont have to worry about the weather and its pretty low impact.
emma21

Postby Serena » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:25 pm

Have been reading about routines from Fly Lady and decided to shake mine up a bit, but I think I've crashed and burned. It's nearly 3pm and I haven't been to the gym or gotten any exercise at all. The house is looking tidier though. I don't think I'll have time to get to the gym because Wednesday is my piano lesson day. I shall have to squeeze in an at home workout tonight. I knew there was a reason we wasted all that money on the gym bench and weights!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:26 pm

Serena, Flylady is great isn't it? I got myself a yahoo.com email address just for my flylady daily chores to go to.
My other email address is for friends and stuff.

On weekends and some other days, I just delete the daily chores that come in because I don't have time to do them all, but once I actually managed to stick with it for a whole week.
I hadn't told anyone at home that I I was receiving cleaning instruction but I certainly got praised for how nice the house looked teehee!
I love how you only have to vacume the floors once, then after that when the email says to do a 5 minute quick mop to the middle of the floor area only your house looks spotless.
You can even email in a photo of your shiny sink to be displayed as the sink of the week.

Emma, thanks for the reminder, I own a walk aerobics (40 plus video workout) by Leslie Sansone, it's great but our video player is broken so I'll have to look for a dvd version of it.

Dinner
Today I bought some bread rolls and some deli American Hotdogs (not the ones with cheese)
I'll be having a couple of them for my dinner tonight.
I also had a chocolate and some vitamins, not too healthy but all within my weight watcher points for the day.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories