It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

A wrap up of 2009..

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

A wrap up of 2009..

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:08 pm

As it's the 16th December and only a few weeks left of the year, I thought I'd pose the question - how have you gone this year??

I guess you could assess the year by numbers - weight and inches lost or gained, or, equally as important how you've 'grown', things you've learnt, mind set, etc....

So....2008....good, bad or indifferent?

xoxo

Oh - Merry Christmas everyone :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: A wrap up of 2009..

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 pm

2008 was a hell of a lot better than 2007!

If I can lose another 800g before the end of the month, it will take me up to a loss of 25kg for the year, and considering I had a few months off exercise with a prolapsed disc in my back, I am extremely happy with that result.

I have learnt so much this year in regards to weight loss, health, etc...it has changed my life forever, I am confident that I will never put the weight back on again - at least not to that extent. Thanks to the discovery of Calorie King, I have the tools to reach a healthy weight and maintain it no matter what. I know that sounded like a dodgy plug for CK, but I don't care, it really has changed the way I look at food and losing weight forever. Last year I was doing stupid, unhealthy things to lose weight, ie, spend two hours per day on the exercise bike and only eat one 200 calorie meal for the day...STUPID! I thought to lose weight you had to starve yourself and go on some ridiculous diet, but you don't have to! You can eat, and eat quite a bit and still lose weight! What a revelation that was! A very welcome one! :)

And on a personal note, I finally got to see The Smashing Pumpkins! LOL! So 2008 = kick-arse in my books! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:03 pm

This year was a total write-off weight-wise. I only lost 0.7kg from this time last year! Given how much I've changed in my lifestyle and diet over that time that is absolutely devastating.

However it's another year down on my PhD, which is WAY more important to me than losing weight right now. One more year to go and I'm a free (Dr.) Woman!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby curvygirl » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 pm

I have grown so much this year. I have physical lost almost 20 kilos and regained my life. I am seeing the person I used to be coming back and I really like her. I am determined to finish this journey next year and to never do it again. Good luck and best wishes to everyone for the year ahead.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby meegs » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:56 pm

2008 has been an up and down year.
I have lost 16.5 kgs - which is good of course.
I have discovered that i love exercising - which has helped with my weight of course.
Through my exefrcising I have made some great new friends - and of course this forum has been amazing for that too.
I have learnt so much through here - thanks all.

On the downside my eldest son has been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, which has kinda sucked!

Other than that - on to 2009... can't wait to see what you have for me!

Merry Christmas everyone.
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby mumnbub » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:39 pm

This is a hard one for me to answer- I am thrilled to have lost 15kg, I am a more confidant person, I dont hate myself anymore. But... Its been a hard year recovering from the surgery late last year and then my latest one and dealing with all the stuff in between, also financially there has been issues- these 2 things combined would have made it disaster of a year if i had not had the good to go with it. Thankfully I am ending the year happy, healthy and in control of my finances- I am confidant that 2009 will finally be my year to shine (gosh, how many years have i been saying that!)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby ali76 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm

I realised I didn't even answer my own question...!!! :roll:

Over all, 2008 has been good to me.

I've learnt a lot about myself and the image of me I have in my head - which a lot of the time is very distorted. I'm down about 8-9 kilos (haven't weighed for a while so not completely sure??) which is fantastic...but I've learnt how to do it properly.

Czarina, I was like you - would do crazy things to lose weight. Starve, abuse laxatives, eat until I purged....rediculous. AND, I'm with you about Calorie King!! I'd eat anything that was 'low fat' (and LOTS of them) without knowing anything about the calories in them. I've learn't about balance....in diet and in life.

On another personal note, I got engaged to my sweetheart, have a new job which I think is a great step career wise, travelled (for the first time with a partner!!) and moved house! Phew....big year - and by the looks of things 2009 will be even bigger. Bring it on I say!!! :P

xoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Alexandra » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Wow, as I read the preceeding posts the theme seems to be a consistent one with each of our experiences "highs and lows" or the "good and the bad". Profound though it isn't, that's life and I am no exception as 2008 wraps up. On the weight front, I was recently flicking through one of the numerous self help books that I love to read. In pencil at the back I have written "Jan 2008, 122 kgs, given my weigh in last week was around 108 kgs, that's a loss of 14 kgs (I'm confident of cracking 15 kgs for the year :wink: ) I'm also thinking that I could have potentially put on 5-10kgs also so, instead, I could be sitting around 130kgs so I am really pleased with my progress. I haven't really changed a whole lot either. The biggest shift has been cutting out the junk, drinking more water and walking (a bit). If I now concentrate on calorie intake more closely eg exactly what I need vs exactly what I'm burning up I'll have even more success. Coupled with some more regular exercise, I could be typing my 2009 wrap up at 80 or 70 or better yet 65 kilos! :D But that aside, very happy with the weight side of things.

On a personal level, it's been a very hard year with my father suffering from cancer. I gave up my job and looked after him which was wonderful and awful at the same time. This culminated in him passing away just a few weeks ago - I miss him terribly. My husband hasn't been overly supportive and not able to cope and somehow just 3 days after Dad's funeral we separated. I hope it's not permanent - I'm hoping we'll work it out but I don't have the energy at the moment. So somehow this year I've lost my job, my house, my car, my husband and my beloved Dad. 2009 has to be better.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to True Stories