It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Free Newsletter

courier asked when i was due :(

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

courier asked when i was due :(

Postby vzchick77 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi I need help I didnt realise that I had let myself get big enough to look like i was expecting :( I am 5ft 10 and now weigh 83kgs compare to only 3 weeks ago when i weighed 79kgs :( my doctor is sending me for thyriod tests as I dont eat that much junk food and have been living off a seafood diet with salads and fresh vegies :)

I am not able to do alot of exercise becuase i am in need of a knee operation :( can anybody suggest a diet that will work and be easy to stick to ?

desperate Me in need of help

Re: courier asked when i was due :(

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:14 pm

I understand knee problems- I have had 2 surgeries on one knee and was supposed to have one on the other but found out I was pregnant so put it off- dont think i will bother, will just put up with it as it would be too hard having knee surgery with a child. Anyway, getting back to you, Find an exercise you can do- swimming is fantastic as it does not put pressure on the legs, also bike riding depending on what your problem is, if you dont own a bike or dont live in a suitable area you can usually pick up an exercise bike cheap at second hand stores. Walking is usually suitable, is for me anyway.

I have noticed that the more weight I lose and the more muscle I build in my legs the less problems i have- I used my knee problems as my excuse for being overweight- always said I cant exercise, but I have started running and can now last for about 10min. Slowly build up the strength and when you have your surgery you will recover faster.

What sort of problems do you have? My knee caps are small and sit slightly to the side and my legs slightly bend inwards which always meant they would dislocate- my left leg was brocken and the bone repositioned and the knee cap moved over at the last op which helped so much.

As for diet- maybe check out where you enter all your details and it lets you know how many calories to eat in a day and even gives you a menu plan if you chose to use one. Also lots of nutritional information on their site.

Good luck and let us know how everything goes.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

Postby Jes80 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 pm

How can he think that you look preggers?

I'm 5'10 as well, yet I weigh 96kgs... my ideal weight is around the 85kgs mark so i'm not sure how at 83kgs you can look pregnant???

I've also had issues with my knee. I good non impact exercise you can do is bike riding (i have mine set up in front of my telly LOL), and there's lots of different exercises that you can do that won't hurt your knee.

Good luck at the Dr's and I hop you get good results back re your thyroid :)

Postby kristal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 am

Some guys are clueless and have no tact! Maybe that courier was a little bit simple in the head?

I understand the knee problems also - can make it so hard to get any exercise in.

I recommend CalorieKing also or maybe you can try one of the shake diets - Optifast, Tony Ferguson etc.

To be honest, I have lost 4kgs so far using the Weight Watchers points system and I haven't yet gotten the motivation to start excercising. The 4kgs has come off just by simply eating correctly and drinking plenty of water.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs

Return to True Stories