It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Wednesday 3/8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Wednesday 3/8

Postby Fairie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:39 am

Morning everyone, hope your week is going well. :)

I have been trying to catch up on the office work and haven't had anytime to go for walks. Working from home can be a pain as you are more tempted to graize during the day so it's a battle.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi Gang,
This morning I had a soft egg and a piece of wholemeal toast.
and a small glass of orange juice.

Getting a bit nervous, my neice who is 18 and an insulin dependant diabetic has just been told that she will have a caesarean at 4:30pm Perth time.
That would be fine except that she is only 34 weeks along. The baby is large because Melanie is diabetic, Mel is having high blood pressure and heaps of fluid retention. I'm saying prayers that her little baby Ella will be delivered safely.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:50 pm

When I got home from gym today there was a message on my phone to go and have lunch with my friends since one is on holiday and the other is the only one in her office all week. So I whipped up a batch of vegie soup, which I have been procrastinating about all week, and a batch of ANZAC cookies and had my shower, all in 1 hour 15 minutes. Isn't it amazing what you can do when you have to? Hope all goes well with your niece Dolly.
Serena

Postby Maraver » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Well it must be nearly all over for neice now Dolly let us know how she is going,
Dolly I am so with you with lack of self control I actuallt et angry at myself
I really think I am going to have to treat this like a major challenge in my life
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:39 pm

Hi Ladies,
My niece had very high blood pressure the tablets weren't working, and the baby was putting a strain on her kidneys in the end they rushed her in for a C-section this morning instead of waiting till this arvo. Melanie had a rough time of it but baby Ella is doing fine even though she was only 33½ weeks into the pregnancy.

My dinner tonight was beef stew, potatoes and 4 vege.

My diet went well until around noon, I discovered some chocolate someone left in a bowl for people to help themselves to.

Not only can I not complete a day On Plan but I don't think I can even complete half a day O.P. (this from the girl who once lived on nothing but 1 slice of bread per day and diet coke for 2 weeks) my will power of a few years back has reduced to a big fat Zero)
I really need a live in nutritionist to keep an eye on me for 6 months (preferably male) 8)

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:05 pm

I know it's easier said than done, but maybe you're having so much trouble kicking chocolate because you're so focussed on not eating chocolate and if you don't think too much about it and allow yourself to have a piece now and then without feeling guilty then you won't struggle so much with it. Maybe.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:13 pm

I tried that, I had my husband giving me a ration of 4 or 6 squares of dark chocolate every night but it didn't work.
But when the family went away to Darwin for two weeks,
I had no chocolate in the house and didn't crave it.
I guess I can just smell the stuff when my husband and my now adult sons bring it in.
They won't listen to me when I ask them to please not bring it into the house :( I can't really blame them though, I've been on a diet for years.
The last time I was slim was 8 years ago, then I got hypothyroidism which makes you fat even when you eat 1000 calories, then I got the chocolate cravings, but not to worry I'm determined to win this struggle.
I'm sure I'll report in that no chocolate entered my mouth by the end of today :D

Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories