It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 am

Free Newsletter

My Story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My Story

Postby kazza » Mon May 11, 2009 9:02 pm

As for me im karen i just turned 28 a week or 2 ago and im here for support and even pour my heart out. As i start typing i start crying. My heaviest ever was 122kg which for me was back at high school say 10yrs ago but then having my second child 2 years ago i hit back to 110 while breastfeeding late at night those danoz direct ads would come up and i saw the pilates dvds on sale so i brought them. Then my husband brought me a cross trainer then he saw i was losing weight so started with me. My lighest ever was 82kgs last april then the whole family went to queensland so we stopped excersin and started eating BAD BAD food and take away. now i've picked up a bad habbit which is eating when im stressed, angry, upset, bored etc. and i cant stop it. I go good for a week even 2 then BANG i have a big pig out which goes on for days. yesterday i confronted my husband and told him i count down the hours for him to leave for work (night shift) so i can have a pig out alone infront of the tv. So today is my last day as a 93kg girl. I hate it, i hate all this back pain i have regrained from excess weight and im not happy so im taking it on the kids. Im screaming out i dunno where to start geez here i go with the tears. im scared as i start fresh tomorrow but what happenes when that bad time comees to eat like a pig. i keep busy, i crave sweet foods and gosh start eating breakfast cereal at 9.30pm with sugar. so thats it guys now im laying it all down hoping by the end of this year to be 77-78kgs. NO EXCUSEEEEES. please help me if u can
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
89.9kg - 19/5/09 YEAH BABY!
Mini Goal - 87kgs
Goal Weight - 77kgs By My 6th Wedding Anniversary (16/8/09)
kazza

Re: My Story

Postby BBgal » Tue May 12, 2009 10:44 am

welcome karan I am sure you will find all the support you need =) good luck with your journey
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Karen,

I'm so sorry you're feeling upset over your weight. You've already achieved a great weight loss, going from 122kg to 93kg. You should congratulate yourself for that at least! You already know how to lose the weight since you've successfully done so in the past, so that's half the battle won! You've identified that binge eating and emotional eating are your main problems. There are lots of people on the forum who are in the same boat, so you'll get lots of advice and support from them. I'm sure with support you will get to your goal weight.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss journey.

best wishes,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kazza » Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks guys first day and went well. and woke up at 5.30 and got on the cross trainer yay for me :P big day at work my feet r killin. Just didnt have my protein shakes for mornin and afternoon tea as work was too busy so i couldnt go to the back. Not even to the toilet. the great joys of workin in a craft store yay!
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
Mini Goal - 87kgs
kazza

Postby Shalimar » Wed May 13, 2009 8:53 am

Hi Karen, welcome and good luck :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Karen,

I'm in a similar boat as yourself... I have the bored / angry / emotional eating issues, and I even find myself sometimes getting takeaway or something while I'm out of the office / home and pulling over on the side of the road to eat it and get rid of the "evidence" before anyone knows what I've done...

You said you're family came to QLD - where in QLD are you??

I'm sure you'll get to your goal weight soon enough... I'm trying to lose weight not only for my health, but for my wedding in September next year - I have about 30kg's to lose... :shock: I lost a bit before Christmas, then gave up... The plan is to get my a$$ back in to action ASAP!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum!! And good luck with your journey!! :D
cherricola

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Wed May 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Karen - you should be proud that you have started! you will find lots of very inspiring people here!!

good luck and welcome!!!
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby kazza » Wed May 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi all woke up again at 5.30 and did pilates and treadmil but seriously i think its time to get some new music on my ipod i know the song order b4 the song starts. lol I live in sydney, married with 2 kids jasmine (4) and damon (2) i work part time at Lincraft as im a HUGE craft freak! all going good so im feeling proud n sort of sexy :))
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
Mini Goal - 87kgs
kazza

Postby Michelle23 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Kazza

You are going great. I was a shocking emotional eater when I came to this site, but the support here has made such a difference to me. If I feel like pigging out I just jump on this site first and read some inspirational stories and I haven't gone back to that emotional eating at all. Plus it is such a high when you start to feel good and sexy again isn't it? This keeps me going strong. Good Luck.

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6RaUn4/]
[/url]
Michelle23

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri May 15, 2009 3:10 pm

That's a great tip, Michelle. I'll have to remember that for the next time my willpower isn't the best!

I love crafts too, Kazza! Or at least I would if I ever had the time to do any. I have bags of material, wool, paint, balsa wood... you name it. All sitting there waiting for me to finish studying so it can come out and play! What sort of crafts do you do?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kazza » Fri May 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi all doing great and really tired as i worked a full day havent done that for like a year. so muh feet r feeling it more then my body as i did pilates and treadmil this morning. But my abs r forming again but chubby abs lol so hoping to loss some weight b4 this dress up party on the june 13th as im going as a dark goddess! Im into knitting, scrapbooking, card making, and folk art! wish i could do it all day but hey i cant got 2 kids lol. anyhow im on facebook too if anyone wants to add me! Im under "Karen Landles" funny how things have changed in a week. now i look forward to coming on this forum and havin a tea/coffee not a pig out infront of the tv have a good weekend as i dunno if i come on as hubby hogs comp when he is home on the weekends lol take care *hugs* karen
kazza

Postby sportybee » Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi kazza,
Great that you are still highly motivated to get to your dream weight. You have proven to yourself once before that you can shed quite a bit of weight if you want to so I am sure it will work this time for you to.
I have also made sports part of my daily morning routine. I love to go jogging and on the weekends I often do pilates too with a friend. In order to stay motivated a diet buddy is a good source of motivation. Do you know any person living close to you who also wants to lose weight?
To me support is really important and also to talk about my diet efforts with people. There are some friends that I regularly talk to and I am also active on many diet communities and SPAM It is always good to see that not all people are super slim women but that there are heaps of people out there who are struggling just like me :D
Good luck with your weight loss efforts!
sportybee

Postby kazza » Tue May 19, 2009 6:35 am

hi all just wanted to share how proud i am with myself. Yesterday i walked home from work took me an hour but what an excellent walk it was. Had my ipod on and singing along and guess what? no one could hear me as it was the main roads lol . But what P'ed me off everyone at work saw me putting on my jogging shoes b4 i left and said i was stupid for walking home and thats its gonna "kill me" while they are sitting on the table eating kfc and bad take away meals for lunch. and do the "crash" diets for acouple days. im so over people like that they ask for help i help them and give them tips to start and back to square one so all i can say im just not gonna worry about them. so i finish work early twice a week so im gonna be walking home as it was so freshing! cant believe how much energy i had coming home, washed my car,vacummed it and then cooked dinner and house work. i was a machine! BUT the best news this morning getting on the scales i weigh 89.9kgs *does a happy dance* so thankyou everyone for the support! its 5.30am so im off to do some crosstraining then start work at 9 have a good day all *hugs*
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
Mini Goal - 87kgs
kazza

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 19, 2009 10:13 am

Congratulations on your weight loss, Kazza! That's great news.

It's funny how people think that a bit of exercise will kill you these days. I remember when I used to work in the city I'd walk home in the evening. It took a bit over an hour. People thought I was mental. But if you go back fifty years ago that was the sort of walk some kids did to get to school and back!

Good on you for doing so much exercise!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 am

Excellent work! I know what you mean - i walk 4kms to and from work everyday - it only takes me around 35-40mins but everyone here thinks i am an idiot!! One woman parks 100m down the street and tells me that is her daily exercise as it takes her 5 mins each way... sheesh! The other day she was eating a cake as she left and said to me - "i am walking and eating and burning it off!" I felt like telling her to burn off the iced mince tart she would have to walk to and from her car 50 times! haha. Nice work - you will get to your goal in no time - walking is the best - i lost 17kgs just walking!!! :lol:
court

Next

Return to True Stories