It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:54 am

Free Newsletter

My Story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Story

Postby Shalimar » Tue May 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Well done, both on the walk and the loss Kazza :D

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Riayn » Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Congratulations!! You are doing a fantastic job!
Exercise and a healthy diet is definitely the way to go.

If you are looking for an ammunition for those people at work who eat cake and then say they will burn it off by walking 5 minutes to the car. You only burn about 200 calories for every hour you walk. If they want to burn off that piece of cake, they will need to go for a 2 - 3 hour walk. Remember, you can never out run (or walk) the fork!
Spud On The Run - A Couch Potato's Guide to Weight Loss & Fitness
Rainbow Of Chaos - The Life of a Thirtysomething Geek Girl

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 73.8kg
GW: 67kg
Riayn

Postby kazza » Wed May 20, 2009 10:07 pm

thankyou everyone for all your support. Doing still good i know when i get mother nature i crave sugar. Only thing i had was a lollpop for a treat and beetroot for dinner then i felt i got my sugar i crave in lol. if ya know what i mean finding it great this week with food as im working 5 days straight so i walk past the cookie man on my lunch break or the sweet cake shop and look and walk past like a good girl. i treated myself to lunch and had a brought chicken salad roll from the bread shop. just felt good that i didnt have to make my lunch but after eating it i was like i could of made better. so made my lunch for tomorrow already. on friday looking forward to my 1hr walk home from work its pouring here lots so hopfully the weather calms down when i walk home as its pourin buckets non stop. Also i have to share this morning after dropping my daughter to preschool rain to the car and guess what started happening? My pants started falling off. what a great feeling that was. Made my day just shine! even though it was pouring outside. so its 9pm and i have to hang the clothes do dishes and then bed and up at 5.30 tomorrow to do treadmil have a good night all and thanks once again for all the support xoxo karen
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
89.9kg - 19/5/09 YEAH BABY!
Mini Goal - 87kgs
Goal Weight - 77kgs By My 6th Wedding Anniversary (16/8/09)
kazza

Postby taralouise23 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi i was really moved by your story, i saw myself in some of the things you said, for instance at 930 at night having that bowl of ceral with sugar, i cant afford to be apart of jenny craig and weight watchers so im doing this myself and for the first time in my life i want to lose weight for me no one else just me i want to be healthy sexy and skinnier. i dont believe in replacement shakes i want to eat food and lose weight and i know how u feel in everyway and if u ever what to talk just email me, i think u are very strong and smart and you know what you have to do i find keeping myself busy is good i love scrap booking and it helps i love painting and photograghy and keeping things clean, you have really inspired me and probably alot of women who have read this, im looking for a meal planner and exercise planner so im still researching hopeing to find a good site :D
taralouise23

Postby kazza » Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi all. Just like to say that my true self is finally comin out again. Today hubby said i looked "hot" and customers at work can see me losing weight so r saying how different i look. I feel great and i think this is my first time havin mother nature that i havent had a big out for a long time. I controlled it with having 3 lolly pops every second day and now cravin is gone . YOU EVIL SUGAR BE GONE!. i didnt do my walk today as i had to hurry home for hubby to sleep and 2 it was pouring so i caught the bus. But lookin forward to tomorrow hubby and i r gettin back into weights. ALSO i have to share my second pair of pants fitted my yesterday so YAY for me! so im flying high on being happy go me :P~
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
Mini Goal - 87kgs
kazza

Postby taralouise23 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:07 pm

CONGRATS :D Very happy for you :D thats great i so want to get a treadmill at home but there is not where to put it :( which is unfortunate because i know i would work out more if i had a treadmill at home, its almost winter here so for some reason it wants to rain everyday here lol so i guess ill just stick to my gym membership now what im guilty about is i joined months and months ago and have only been twice :( but that was cause i wanted to lose weight for other people and not myself and i wasnt that modivated so i have been paying for nothing but now ITS FOR ME! :D hehehe i do love those sweet foods so i have to keep away lol keep away its very hard :S
taralouise23

Postby kazza » Tue May 26, 2009 8:45 pm

sorry all have been really sick with the cold. Still going good and so strong i have noticed and hubby noticed i have been losing my "pot belly" so im proud i put the dress i wanan wear to my friends birthday party and i looked reowwwwww! well hubby said so lol. Yesterday my motherinlaw came over with easter eggs as we havent seen her since january anyhow i had some of mine she brought me omg what i change i had a bite and i was like why am i having this? this taste so sweet so i stopped and left it for my kids and hubby it was so sicken so sweet it made me feel eww. 3 weeks ago i would of eaten it in one go. Gosh im so proud but i couldnt of been and stayed so positive without all of you guys supportin me so thankyou from the bottom of my heart xoxo
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
Mini Goal - 87kgs
kazza

Postby BBgal » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 am

WOW your kickin butt girl! well done!!... hope you feel better soon. You are inspirational!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby kazza » Wed May 27, 2009 8:56 pm

89 kgs wot wot! alittle loss but i know its from mothernature! always backtracks me but first time ever has made me lose weight. had a lollypop today was mango! i try and get fruit ones. (but i must share really enjoy the extra attention from hubby as he keeps grabbin my belly and sayin "im so proud of you" its all gone whats gonna keep me warm at night lol. Now all the girls are waitin for my big entance at the party only 2 friends know what im going as - a black goddess with a whip, a mask which im gonna make and hot red lippy ill take lots of pics to share promise! countin down
SW - 93kgs - 4/5/09
Mini Goal - 87kgs
kazza

Postby martini85 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 am

Oh my god, you are going to look so HOT!!!!
I totally related to your story, Kazza.. I am such an emotional eater.. bored / stressed etc and I had the same behaviors you talked about, like eating by myself, planning what I would eat. I would almost fantasize about food :( it's so hard sometimes, but you're sticking with it and you have so much to be proud of!!!

WELL DONE!!
Start date: 1.4.2007
Start weight: 135kg (300lbs)
Current weight: 70kg (154lbs)
Goal weight: 63kg (138lbs)

martini85 - Amanda
martini85

Postby mytime » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Kazza,

This is my first day here and I have just scrolled through posts looking for something to jump out at me and your's certainly did.

THANK YOU for being so honest in you first one, I have read the thread and I am so happy you are doing well. I too have a major thing for sugar so am off now to buy some lollypops to get over that craving, what a great idea.

Keep up the great work
mytime

Previous

Return to True Stories