It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:35 am

Free Newsletter

frustrated not even being to find a good pair of jeans!

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

frustrated not even being to find a good pair of jeans!

Postby taralouise23 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:52 pm

okays now i know im not alone here dont you just hate it when you go shopping with your skinnier friends and every store u go into they can always ALWAYS find something that fits them but it takes you like 5 stores just to find a pair of jeans that fit properly that doesnt cost $100 for just one pair, and the most annoying part of it all is when you go to one store and your a size 18 and then another u go to your a size 20 but then the next your a 24 its so depressing and this is got me on track to losing the weight ive joined a gym and need a little help witht the work out so now im back top researching the net cause i can afford to get a personal trainer! :(
taralouise23

Re: frustrated not even being to find a good pair of jeans!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:07 am

Oh do I know that feeling.

My sister (who really is a lovely girl, regardless of the story I'm about to tell on her) has always been quite slender. We were shopping one day and she said "It must really suck being you, whenever we go shopping I can always put on anything I like, but you can never even find something to fit". Obviously she had not engaged her brain before constructing that sentence, and the look of horror on her face when she realised was quite priceless in the sibling rivalry stakes.

But it was dead true.

And it did suck.

You'll get there though and then you'll be stuck trying to decide which cut looks better rather than just buying the first and only thing that fits and looks half decent like I used to do :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Hannah_Lee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:10 pm

I joined a gym 6 weeks ago and when i first started i was searching for motivation and things i could do, whats right and whats wrong etc.
this is what ive learnt and ive lost 5 kg and 51cm.
- Always choose cardio over weights, muscle puts on fat, so you put on kg or struggle to lose kg.
- do weights when you've lost a larger chunk of weight to tone.
- do not use harbalife...i have wasted $500 and it does nothing
- i have heard wonderful things about opti slim if you were wanting to go down the meal replacement track.
- i find it hard to go for a walk, try finding something fun like the 1000 steps in ferntreegully vic or similar
- buy a mat and do stomach crunches in front of ur favourite tv show
- while losing weight, BEST thing ive found so far..shop at savers (a huge op shop) there racks are in size order so u dont find a pair of 12 jeans and get upset cos they arnt in ur size...im getting jeans that retail at $110 for $13..pretty much brand new..that way u can still wear nice jeans and when u grow out of them it doesnt matter cos they were only $13.
- Don't let unmotivated friends say they'll do it with you..when they give up..you'll have more chance of wanting to do the same.
- at ur gym, book in to get assessed every two weeks, that way u know how much you're losing,
- sounds silly but set urself a goal every week...say a kg amount and every time u get in the shower and it fogs up..write the number on the glass... when mr.frost visits in the morning write the number on ur car...it works for me and it worked for cathy freeman to beat the world record!
- weight loss is 80% diet, you need to change ur whole diet, only drink water, lots of protein foods, less carbs, minimal sugar
if you dont change ur diet you wont see alot of results.

so lots of treadmill, steppers, bikes, rowing, etc will make you drop the kg you want,

hope its helped, good luck hun
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6IiSXt/]
[/url]
Hannah_Lee

Postby Wockets » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 pm

My sister and I have had the exact problem!!!!! We went to DFO and found the Jeans West Store. I am a size 18 and she is a 24. We searched for two whole days to find jeans that fitted us both nicely!! Jeans West was our last shot and suprisingly we both walked away with two pairs each!! We even got the 24's for my sister for 50% off because they had heaps of them and size 2's in stock and needed them gone!!!!!! The best part about it was, the lady who served us was a big girl and she treated us with the respect we deserved compared to most of the other stores who had mean skinny censored working there that wanted nothing to do with us!! Now it's summer and getting a little too hot for jeans but were still wearing them anyway!!!

So check out Jeans West and I hope it all works out for you!!

Luff Fe xo
Wockets

Postby jerome07 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

since you have the will to loose weight, i think you can do it. cause motivation or willingness is the first step
to be what you want.
jerome07

Postby dietmehappy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Oh, i hear you sista! I have never - repeat - NEVER (since being above a 12) (when i started i couldnt do up size 24 target jeans - now im in an 18) been able to find a pair of jeans that look and feel and fit properly! The jeans either a) do not do any of those things b)do one of those things (i.e They fit around the top but then have a metre hanging off the end - and im not short!) or c)feel like cardboard and just look so damned ugly. I havent tried on a pair of jeans since that fateful day 8 months ago when i went into target and couldnt do up the top button in size 24. The other day i went into target and could just squeeze into an 18, but even the 20 had all those issues i was speaking about above - dammit!! I feel your pain. For now, im sticking to skirts from city chic and avoiding jeans all together until someone makes some that we look hot in! One of the best things you can do when loosing weight (and trust me i am no expert but just from what i have discovered on my journey so far) is that counting calories and fat and steps etc, isnt what keeps me going - it's making myself feel good regardless of how i weighed in - i know it sounds cliche - but it is these little things that have kept me going - i.e shaving my legs more often than every 3 months - getting my eyebrows waxed before they take over my face, spraying myself with perfume, buying clothes that i feel good in etc. Its the little things that make a huge difference about how we feel about ourselves - and the better i feel about myself the more i want to make healthy choices!! Good luck hun!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wynN5Dd/]
[/url]
dietmehappy

Postby alizezz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Good Luck!
alizezz

Postby mum2james » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 am

Levi's have new jeans out called Levi's® Curve ID. If you look at their website they have a quiz to find the right pair of jeans for your body type and prices start from $59.95, not too bad. :D
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Return to True Stories