I joined a gym 6 weeks ago and when i first started i was searching for motivation and things i could do, whats right and whats wrong etc.
this is what ive learnt and ive lost 5 kg and 51cm.
- Always choose cardio over weights, muscle puts on fat, so you put on kg or struggle to lose kg.
- do weights when you've lost a larger chunk of weight to tone.
- do not use harbalife...i have wasted $500 and it does nothing
- i have heard wonderful things about opti slim if you were wanting to go down the meal replacement track.
- i find it hard to go for a walk, try finding something fun like the 1000 steps in ferntreegully vic or similar
- buy a mat and do stomach crunches in front of ur favourite tv show
- while losing weight, BEST thing ive found so far..shop at savers (a huge op shop) there racks are in size order so u dont find a pair of 12 jeans and get upset cos they arnt in ur size...im getting jeans that retail at $110 for $13..pretty much brand new..that way u can still wear nice jeans and when u grow out of them it doesnt matter cos they were only $13.
- Don't let unmotivated friends say they'll do it with you..when they give up..you'll have more chance of wanting to do the same.
- at ur gym, book in to get assessed every two weeks, that way u know how much you're losing,
- sounds silly but set urself a goal every week...say a kg amount and every time u get in the shower and it fogs up..write the number on the glass... when mr.frost visits in the morning write the number on ur car...it works for me and it worked for cathy freeman to beat the world record!
- weight loss is 80% diet, you need to change ur whole diet, only drink water, lots of protein foods, less carbs, minimal sugar
if you dont change ur diet you wont see alot of results.
so lots of treadmill, steppers, bikes, rowing, etc will make you drop the kg you want,
hope its helped, good luck hun