It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Free Newsletter

The Final Sabotage

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

The Final Sabotage

Postby Molly » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:11 pm

People can sabotage you without even realizing it. When I served a healthy low fat fish and salad dinner, my son said wheres the chips. I told my family "I need to lose weight so we are going to be eating more dinners like this", they said "Mum your not fat, can we please have steak and chips." The next night your friend comes over and says lets have a couple of drinks tonight it wont hurt to go off your diet for 1 night, but what she doesn’t realize is when you do go off it; it is so much harder to get back on. I have tried many diets and meal replacements before and have actually lost weight with them but then there is the sabotage, and don't get me wrong I even sabotaged myself.

This happened to me so many times over the last 10 years that I had almost given up. But as a last ditch effort I went to see my Dr, my first mistake. My husband accompanied me, my second mistake. this is how it went I told my Dr I want to lose weight. Dr says good Idea. (So far so good.) Dr said I see on your records 10 years ago you were 50 kgs you are now 90kgs, How much do you want to get down to. I said well I would be happy to be 55 kgs, my third mistake. Dr and Husband both laughed out loud. I don't think either realized how humiliated I felt. I said nothing and took the prescription for duramine he offered, and left his office I never got the prescription filled. It was the final sabotage, and 1 short year later I was 95 kgs.

4 weeks ago my workmate and I were talking about our attempts at weight loss and the sabotage that occurs by ourselves and others. She said you know we should try Kate Morgan together, we can support and encourage each other. We can ignore the saboteurs, and keep each other on the road to our healthy selves. That conversation in the teachers office has changed my outlook on weight loss. I know I am still at the beginning of this journey, but thanks to the support and encouragement of my workmate I know I have the will power, strength and commitment to reach my goal of 55kg.

So now where once I was discouraged and humiliated by my Dr and my husband laughing at me, I now draw strength from it. "I will have the last laugh."

Molly :lol:

Molly

Re: The Final Sabotage

Postby Janeyc1983 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

What a great post!

Good luck with Kate Morgan Molly, it's great and I lost about 3 kilos from it (mind you I guess I am lucky as I had only sbout 10kg to lose).

I totally agree about people who try to sabotage you - they'll say 'Oh come out for dinner/drinks, you have to" and then this 'oh you are not fat" garbage just to get you to join in with them eating the crappy food. My dad is like that, and will absolutely not eat healthy even though my mum tries so hard for the pair of them to eat well.

Also make sure it isn't a jealousy thing with your friends, I was 76 kilos at my heaviest, and think my skinnier friends liked the fact I was overweight and dumpy, hating how I looked, well I will also be having the last laugh when I am 64 and fabulous. You will too!
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby Kellicopter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 pm

you go girl!!

just always do whats right FOR YOU :) if your son doesnt like salad he can toughen up or make his own chips. it wont kill him ;)

as for the doc and your husband pooh to them too - do it for you :)
5 kg's to goooooooo. The hard 5 ;)
Kellicopter

Postby Molly » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm so glad you like my post I sat for a long time wondering if I should click the submit button, but I'm glad I did. And thanks for the words of support!
Molly :)

Molly

Postby Amethyst » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Wow Sabotage is so horrible. But I bet you'll just show all those people. Inspiring.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Oh Molly - you WILL have the last laugh!

and welcome :D
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby martini85 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:37 am

You have totally hit the nail on the head with this post Molly, I have noticed this so much during my weight loss.
Especially with co-workers! They go on their 3.30itis binge to the vending machine, and come back with chips and a chocolate bar, followed by "mmm chocolate, want some?" NO I DON'T WANT SOME, ASSHOLE!

lol... this can be soooo frustrating!
Just gotta hang in here, while they're binging on chocolate, we're getting hotter and skinner!
Start date: 1.4.2007
Start weight: 135kg (300lbs)
Current weight: 70kg (154lbs)
Goal weight: 63kg (138lbs)

martini85 - Amanda
martini85

Postby court » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 am

You want to know what i get?? Ok so i work with my father - he is my boss and we are in an office of say 10 people. he buys rounds of ICE CREAMS ALL THE TIME... it kills me. Used to be like icy poles MEH but yesterday TIM TAM CORNETTO's... How unfair is that!?!?!??!?!? He is so supportive but the ice creams at 4pm are really starting to grate me!!!!!!!!! He never used to do it and now it is almost once a week i swear...and he never buys me one (which is good) but grrrrrrrrrrr
court

Postby [email protected] » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Its about RESPECT.

Would you offer a vegetarian a steak sandwich or a Jew a ham sandwich? Of course not as you would respect their choices in life. The same goes for you wanting others to respect your decision to eat a clean healthy choice of foods. You have made this choice as you want to reach a goal. It may be weight loss but who cares what it is for. You want to live a better life without all the processed foods that surround us. Below is what I give to clients when they are heading home from a Live-In program.
Understanding your new lifestyle and what to expect from:

• Partners – There are going to be some serious changes in the pantry and fridge. The foods you know that are tempting need to be removed. Not everyone will be happy about it. Explain why you need to change your eating habits and ask them to respect YOU and your new lifestyle. You have a goal stick to it.

• Family – It is important to explain to all family members that you have chosen to eat clean and lean. You do not need to explain why! It has nothing to do with losing weight it is about living a healthy life. It would be the same if you were a diabetic or vegetarian. You have a goal stick to it.

• Friends – Don’t fall into peer pressure when dinning out or having a work get together. You do not need to participate in the eating of processed high fat or high carbohydrate foods. You can be selective with your choices and still be the life of the party. You have a goal stick to it.

Remember every action you decide to take will either take you towards your goal or away from your goal. So if you give in to temptations or pressure from family and friends by having foods that are not driving you forward the YOU are depriving yourself from reaching your goal. We all have choice and free will so be accountable for your actions

Dane
[email protected]

Postby court » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks Dane - you are 100% right! I am lucky becasue at home my partner is 150% supportive (as you know! :D ) I just have to get my family on the same page :roll:
court

Postby court » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 pm

and then comes the birthday cakes at work...

"it has passionfruit icing just have a SMALL piece"
"C'mon court you have to live a little"
"Birthdays only happen ONCE a year"
"you went to the gym last night"

Seriously - I just came in here to read this thread again and re-affirm my choices.... :x

p.s. these were all uttered by a woman I work with who is a TYPE 2 diabetic who lives on rubbish food.. :roll:
court

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Court,

It is important to have the support of partners. You are very lucky with J***.

Just like this site supports those on the fat loss jounery there are others like at your work who will seek support in eating. It justifys their poor eating choices especially when someone else joins them. They will feel less guilt if someone is also eating cake. There was a story in the media not long ago about a mother who used to force her kids to eat with her (she was 200kg +). She said when her kids ate with her she didn't feely lonely or guilty.

You are strong and have a goal, stick to it, remain focussed on the feeling of being lean.

There is a famous saying by a Mr Jack LaLanne "Nothing tastes as good as being lean feels" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne
[email protected]

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Dane -
You are right - that is exactly it! The women I work with are continually making "choices" that they believe are good ones...i.e. eating a WHOLE rockmelon with some maggi noodles for lunch..you and I both know those arent good choices - another has crackers with canned fish but SMOTHERS the crackers in at least 1/2cm of butter before the fish.. they give me grief when I have a salad for lunch or tell me that I need to "relax at some point" "dont go getting anorexia on us" etc.. Just because I am eating salad and not noodles/cakes/muffins/copius amounts of TOAST does not mean I have an eating disorder..I like that quote..there is another one about how you cant out exercise what you choose to put in your mouth... cant remember the exact one though!
:roll: :lol:
court

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:31 pm

yeah thats the one!!! Dam it im a picker hahahahah.... hmmm something i need to fix....
court

Next

Return to True Stories