It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

The Final Sabotage

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Final Sabotage

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:34 pm

I am a picker too :( and new - I have a question seeing as Court mentioned TOAST!

I usually have 2 slices + light peanut butter for brekkie - is this bad??? :oops:
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:35 pm

It really depends on what else you eat during the day MJ :D I sometimes have a slice of PButter toast and cereal with skim milk for breaky.. i love it!
court

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Well I have tried various diets, and nothing ever seems to work... one thing i haven't tried (or stuck too, more like it) is the easiest (in theory) eating and exercising properly!

For me it takes too long to see results and usually give up and stack on more weight! This time is different!

We seem to have similar goals and similar weight! Maybe we can help each other out? :D I'd love a buddy to give me a nudge when I stray!!! :?

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Miss Jo,

Peanut butter is great, try to get the homemade or organic type. My personal favorite is the Dick Smith brand. I like to support our Aussie made stuff.

When is comes down to toast it really depends on what type of bread is being used. There is a lot of mis-information about white, wholemeal and multigrain.
The reality is most breads are all processed and trying to find one without all the additives is a task when shopping at the larger supermarkets.

I use two breads in my eating plan. One that contains Spelt Grain and when it is not available I will buy Lawsons (based on less processing than the others)

Nutritional Qualities

Spelt is by nature a wholefood. Unlike wheat, where vital nutritional nutritional bran and germ are usually removed during milling, the vital substances of spelt are found in the inner kernel of the grain. However this does not mean that spelt makes a heavy loaf. In fact the exact opposite is true. The real beauty of spelt is in its ability to make a really light, highly nutritious loaf with an appealing nutty flavour. The protein in spelt is such that when the flour is turned into bread it bakes well and results in a very light, soft textured loaf with good keeping qualities which doesn't shed crumbs when sliced.
Due to spelt's high water solubility, the grain's vital substances can be absorbed quickly into the body. The nutrients are made available to the entire organism with a minimum of digetive work. The body cells are then nourished, strengthened, and prepared for their optimal performance while the body is flooded with vitamins and other nutritional substances. Spelt contains more protein, fats and crude fibre than wheat and also has large amounts of Vitamin B17 (anti-carcinoma). It also contains special carbohydrates which play a decisive role in blood clotting and stimulate the body's immune system so as to increase its resistance to infection.

As the genetic makeup of spelt is different to wheat, it is a grain that many people who are sensitive or allergic to wheat can use. Spelt does contain gluten but overseas studies have shown that it can be tolerated by many people who are normally gluten-intolerant. The reason given for this is that the larger quantities of available protein found in spelt are soluble and, therefore, can be easily assimilated by the body with the minimum of digestive work. Results of routine allergy testing in both the US and the UK has also shown that when many wheat sensitive individuals are exposed to both wheat and spelt the majority react negatively to the wheat sample only. Having said this, however,it must be stressed that the Coeliac Society in Australia does not include spelt on its list of approved foods and people with this condition should not eat it.

Dane
[email protected]

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Jo I am trying to PM you but the server isnt working :) Catch up soon ill shoot you an email!
Spelt huh Daneo you havent mentioned that before :)
Thanks for the tip!
court

Postby Molly » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Well another week has gone by and my resolve to reach my goal has not changed. I lost 2.2 kgs this week for a total loss of 1 stone. I call it my first mile stone. To be honest, although my clothes do feel looser I don't see a lot of difference in me, but I do in my family they have been encouraging and were obviously proud of me when I reached this milestone. I'm not laughing just yet but I have a pretty good grin on my face. :D

PS just to get a really good last laugh I have lowered my goal weight to 52kg which I am told is my Ideal weight.
Thanks to all for the feedback and support.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w78ZTFn/]
[/url]

Molly

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Wow 2.2kg in a week is great! and that's great that your family is supportive of your journey!

I look forward to following you on your journey!!!

Postby skinnymini » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:32 pm

I have been lurking in this forum for a while - it is fabulous! I had no idea what Calorie King was until I stumbled upon this forum - I joined both here and Calorie King and I have gone from 83.4kg to 78.2kg in about 4 weeks, so firstly THANK YOU to everyone here! This post has struck a big chord with me. I used to hover around 66-70kg (I am 178cm tall) and fitted size 10/12 clothes easily....well fast forward 3 years and my size 14 jeans were very, very, very tight. EEEK!

I believe largely because I met a partner and he LOVES his food! "Lets go have coffee and cake" "Lets get something yummy" are his favourite lines, I slowly succumbed to eating c*** and getting addicted to sugar. When I couldn't get my jeans on, something in me switched, I joined a gym (doing all the classes) and found this site...but I have had to constantly battle my partner, friends and workmates. A classic example with my partner being right now - we just had a yummy tea - pork and vegies and I was sitting down to a yogurt. He proceeded to cut 3 thick slices of white bread and put butter and jam (as dessert!) on it and then commented "man I love thick toast" "mmmm, mmm, mmm" I hit the roof!!!!!!!!!!! Then his response was - "well you were eating a yogurt!" I know at the end of the day, the choice is mine to put it in my mouth, but geez its hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ask him to be supportive (he is in the defence force and has a very active job) and he goes "no worries" and then 3 days later he starts with the "cake, coffee, toast, etc" comments *sigh* I underestimated how vigilant I have to be...

My workplace is generally healthy eaters they are always on weight watchers etc, but I noticed when I expressed my concern over my weight I had people comment "you are tall, you can carry it off or you aren't as bad as me " bla bla bla....also another friends standard line is "we don't have the same bodies we did when we were 20, as we get older...bla bla" I know metabolism changes, but at only 27, I can't use that excuse LOL! or others who bring tim tams when they drop over.......or my family who say its genetic because they are overweight too! I am responsible for my health but sabotage is such a huge hurdle and I have noticed, particularly as I have started seeing a difference in how I look and how my clothes fit, the sabotage has gotten worse. Human nature is very curious indeed!

Thanks again everyone for this wonderful website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *rant over* :D :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

looks like we have sabotaged Molly's thread! :roll:

Postby skinnymini » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Yes, sorry Molly! it was the post that got me fired up enough to post and then I realised that I overtook the thread hence my post in the introductions *begs for forgiveness*

Goodluck in your weightloss journey Molly and sorry for ranting on your thread :oops: :oops: :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby ThisTime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Molly, first of all, GO YOU!!

I think people subconsciously try to sabotage you to make themselves feel better about their poor eating habits. When they take a slice of cake and see you refuse, they realize they shouldn't be having the cake, and feel guilty. If they manage to convince you to eat cake as well, well then the guilt is shared and they can say "well at least I'm not the only one who ate cake!"

It was totally awful of your Doctor to laugh at you like that, and I'm rooting for you to burn those kgs to show him where he can shove his duromine prescription!

GOOD LUCK!!! I know you can do it.. and so can I!! Woohoo!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrEkuJU/]
[/url]
ThisTime

Postby Molly » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi all,
Well its been 10 weeks and it is slow going but I am averaging 1kg per week and am feeling so much fitter and stronger still not laughing but the smile gets bigger every week. And my determination hasn't faltered and I am getting heaps of support and encouragement at home.
Molly

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w78ZTFn/]
[/url]

Molly

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Well done Molly!!! Great Effort - you should update us more! haha I get bored at work :?

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories