It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Free Newsletter

There comes a point in time....

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

There comes a point in time....

Postby garn » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:18 pm

....the point when you think 'what the heck have i done to myself?' I reached that point a couple of weeks ago. Like a previous member story i had severe chest pains. I took myself to the doctor and after a barage of tests was relieved to find i was not going to keel over. In fact apart from the excess 40kg's i carry around i am perfectly healthy :) Then i faced the shock...shock over the fact that i thought i might be having a heart attack at 32, and even worse....was not suprised i might be having a heart attack!! (really, that is sad isn't it). The following week it came to me that mabey i shouldn't be waiting till i actually am ill to do something about it and attack the problem while i am healthy. So, on the weekend i ate my last 'crap' foods and have put the alcohol aside until i feel able to control myself.

Ive been large for such a long time now...i can't imagine what i will look like when i reach the end, but like everyone, i visualise the reward of buying dressess off the rack and enjoying a better quality of life with my husband and children.

Good luck to all on their journey and i will report in at the end.
Take care
Anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:16 pm

Thank you Anita for sharing that with us.

Stay focused and you will make it to your goal. Many people have pictures of what they used to look like to help keep them motivated. I have the opposite (mainly because my ideal weight was probably when I was about 12!). I have a picture of me before I started this and it serves to remind me why I am doing this and I bring it to mind when offered the naughty foods at work.

Oh and Dolly gave me this link which is great fun and can give you an idea of what you may look like when you get to your goal weight. I loved trying on all the clothes on the model.
http://marieclaire.mvm.com
Go here and click on My Virtual Model and it will get you started.

Good luck, you can do it if you choose to. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:53 pm

Kim what a great site - Thanks.

Anita - good luck- with persistance and patience you will get to discover what the healthy, slender you looks like.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby garn » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:06 pm

Thanks Dee, getting there slowly but steadily. Good luck on your journey also.
anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Return to True Stories