It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Group Diary, Tuesday 9/8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Group Diary, Tuesday 9/8

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:40 am

This morning I'm still sorting out my menu's for the week,
I want to lose weight but I have to make sure the food I eat is healthy. I have to make sure my menu's don't include goitrogen foods that might cancel out my thyroid medication from working.

I also have to make sure I consume a healthy amount of fat to make the body function properly, and I have to make sure I don't consume any artificial sweetners as the acid in the soda eats into the bones causing arthritis and of course there are the MS cases that were caused by Diet Pepsi.
http://www.laleva.org/eng/2005/07/does_ ... rosis.html
also possible links to Parkinsons disease because it is said to cause lesions in the brain.
http://www.rense.com/general21/parkinsonFox.htm
It is far better to have a couple of teaspoons of natural sugar per day than dabble in chemical sweetners. 1 teaspoon of sugar is only 16 calories.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:46 pm

I think the media is turning us into a generation of hypochondriacs.
I have been to the gym this morning and Darren cooked us chicken and steamed veg for lunch and we had low fat yoghurt and banana for sweets. Yummy. I must admit I am feeling better today and I've even managed to do some housework. I've nearly earned my afternoon nap today.
Serena

Postby Fairie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:40 pm

Brrr it's so cold and wet, no walking for almost a week now. :( Other than the occassional dry cracker I have been sticking to plan but I feel so bloated and don't feel like I have lost anything at all. Missed last weeks weighin so really dreading this weeks, I feel as though I have put on heaps. :( :(
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:02 pm

I'm doing pretty well today too.
I filled four shopping bags with all the extra food we purchased for last weekends party and handed it over to one of my sons to hide from me.
I feel so good for not having indulged in chocolate, chips or other nibblies.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:29 pm

We have had the most horrific thunderstorm this afternoon and for a while there I thought the roof was going to collapse there was so much rain and hail. The hail was so thick and heavy that it looked like snow and is still lying on the ground two hours later. As it was the sewing / computer room roof has sprung a leak. Not good. There was some old water damage already and Darren fixed the roof and he thinks he knows why it's leaking again. I'm glad we hadn't gotten around to replacing the ceiling yet or we might be having to do it again. The weather man says to expect more of the same tomorrow. Hooray! Rainy days are so depressing.
I have had souvlaki and chips for tea. I was craving chips. I think because I had chocolate last night so now I have junk in my system and it's weakened my resolve. I'm regretting the chips. Feel yucky now. It's amazing how quickly your body gets used to eating good food.
Serena

Postby emma21 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Had a great day today.... well and truly stuck to my eating plan (even went way under my allowance) so i treated myself to an icecream after dinner... :P

Exercise was great today as well.... Did my 2mile dvd this morning and early this evening I spent some time on the exercise bike and racked up 8km in 15 mins - and I felt so good after exercising!!

Emma :lol:
emma21

Return to True Stories