It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Do you want to hear someting ironic...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want to hear someting ironic...

Postby GayleMarie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:44 pm

This proves that my weight problem now is lack of enough exercise. 4 years ago (before having my 2 girls) I had worked in a bakery for 2 years (5 hours each day, 3 days a week). This bakery sold hot foods including pastries, pasta's, stews, toasted items & cold foods such as sandwiches, rolls, trillions of cakes & biscuits that we baked right there in the bakery. I worked there for about 2 year & with in the first 4 months of working there, I had dropped 18kilo's. I never gained that weight while I worked at the bakery. I was 88 kilos & dropped down to 70kilo's, & do you know why? Because I was that busy on the days that I worked, that I didn't stop for a second. If I wasn't serving customers, I was filling cabinets with all the yummies, If I wasn't doing that I was cleaning floors, tables, dishes, etc. or walking down the back of the shop to get supplies or walking to the front of the shop to serve customer or wait on tables. Without a word of a lie I was on the move from the moment I got there until the moment I left, & I loved it...So without even noticing it, my body was constantly burning the calories. I would come home from work & start my house work etc, run around after my husband & our son (who is 18 now) & look after all the pets. I was so busy all the time & didn't even notice how physical I was.
I am a stay home mum looking after our 2 little girls I am still on the move running around after the little ones as well as running a house, but that must not be enough for me to burn the calories like I use to...But how Ironic is it that the most weight I ever lost & the easiest it was to loose, was when I worked in a bakery.
GayleMarie

Re: Do you want to hear someting ironic...

Postby court » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:21 pm

goes to show hey nothing beats an active working environment! I am the oppostie though - i was at my fattest when i worked in an italian takeaway!!!! Now i am sedentary at work but i try and run up and down the stairs and ride to and from work so i am at my slimmest :D
court

Postby Gordz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:31 pm

desk job all my life =( used to work at coles though, in the fridge. that was full on
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Shalimar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 pm

When I did work I was very active but still gained weight. Once I stopped working and was far less active I gained even more weight :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby skinnymini » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:35 pm

in my previous life before I became a social worker, I was a baker/pastry chef and the thinnest ever - even though I ate my way through a massive amount of c**p food I couldn't keep weight on and was 66kg. When I stopped my brain didn't realise that I couldn't eat all that junk any more....those were the days LOL yes you are right soooooooooooooo ironic!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:49 am

Shalimar,

Lol....

GayleMarie,

Lol.....

:)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg