It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am

Free Newsletter

My story - So far.. and Advice..

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My story - So far.. and Advice..

Postby Synergy3 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Well my story i guess story starts at the age of... about 8. When i got my first touch of technology a computer. I was in love, never left it! wake up, on the computer, eat tea, on the computer. it was where i did everything except sleep and i slowly started to put on weight.

Im currently 20, started the year at 82 kilos or so

On the 18th of May i had my jaw broken and my pre operation tests said i was at 80 kilos.

With my surgery, being unable to eat solids.. I'm currently down to 73 kilos.

Im currently healed and can eat again but ive been told now that i can eat what i want i will put weight on fast again..

But ive also made a decision to get in shape finally... so i'm currently at 73 kilos. losing them 7 kilos from the surgery has made a significant difference but i still am quite large.

Im 5'8 and i did a body fat calculation and it says i'm at around 15-16 % body fat

It seems silly to say it but i would like to look somewhat like that.. and i do know its an all but impossible goal, i just want to get in shape so i can take my top off without being conscious.

I cant afford a gym membership as i'm currently unemployed so my exercise/workouts are going to be things i can do from home..

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Synergy3

Re: My story - So far.. and Advice..

Postby funstopper » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 am

Hi, just wanted to say good luck with your journey. 7kg loss is a good kick start but don't be disheartened now that the rate at which you loss weight will slow down but with hard work it will not stop.

I am also unable to afford a gym membership, and even if I could I am a stay at home mum in rural vic and there is no gym out here for miles. My home gym/exercise hint is to use a couple of bricks as weights (just don't drop them on your toes...it hurts; trust me been there done that). I started out with half a brick in each hand and doing step ups on the steps of our back verandah, then when I felt more confident I started walking (but I left the bricks at home). I have now added in some weight training and toning exercises for my arms, legs, shoulders, back etc. Somewhere on here I once found a list of weight/strength training exercises that someone else had posted and I used those as a guide, if I find it again I will post it here for you.

I think having a photo of what you want to achieve is great for motivation but it is also great that you are realistic about it and know that achieving exactly those results may not be possible, but you never know, keep at it and you might surprise yourself.

I look forward to following your progress and I hope my advice helps even if only a little bit.

Funstopper
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby Synergy3 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks for the tips, the bricks idea seems pretty good. but i need to get a bit more fit first. years of no exercise has kinda killed me.. haha, but i can understand that i will never look that good. I just want to be skinny and toned i guess. For now i guess ill just stick to going for a run/walk each night and stick with the sit ups and push ups to get the arms and stomach muscles going.
Synergy3

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Sounds like a good plan, and definitely do-able! And don't forget the diet side too :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Freddy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 am

Your story seems a bit like mine, looking at the tech side. Computer is addicting... VERY. I'm glad my life took a swing, right now I'm into road cycling, playing the guitar and have a wife and little girl. Yes, still overweight, but not being on the computer for every single minute of the day really changed my life.

If you're able to invest a bit, I'd say get a road bike, or get a serious set of dumbells :)

But still, I love the bricks idea. Go for it, and don't forget the ab crunches.
Here's a website you might really like, it served its purpose for me: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
Freddy

Postby domcar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Well done! Keep it up mate!
domcar

Return to True Stories