It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:47 am

Free Newsletter

Thursday, 11/8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday, 11/8

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:37 am

Decided to have all my meals later than usual today as I'm normally hungry at the end of the day.

So I hear that some of you may be experiencing some really cold weather and possibly even snow.
I guess it'll be indoor exercises for you today such as
wall pushups, step-ups, crunches, dumbbell lifts and maybe getting the dust off that ol' exercise tape or dvd.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Maraver » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:27 am

Just waiting to go to the dentist nerves are really bad at the moment and strangly enough the bain is not so bad this morning
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:18 am

Pam we'll be keen to hear how it all goes.
I'm so glad you're getting that tooth seen to. There's another plus side to it too, your mouth will be so numb by lunch time that the only thing you'll be able to consume will be water. And you will therefore lose more weight bringing you closer to your goal, yay!

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Well gang, looks like the start of another slacker day. Darren finished off the tim tams which has saved me from eating them, but I've finished off the packet of chips and had a bowl of ice cream. I think I'm going to have to make up a big pot of vegie soup this afternoon. No workout. I thought I might go for a walk but the wind is so icy cold. We're going up to the snow this weekend to watch the sled dog race. And I'm complaining about the cold now! My clothes are hardly snow-worthy but it'll be fun so hopefully it'll be worth it.
My mum and sister couldn't get a copy of the CSIRO diet, Apparently the bookshops are selling out of them as fast as they can put them on the shelves. I might have to photocopy the important bits for them.
I have been to spotlight this morning, they're having a VIP special on patterns. I bought 2 patterns for lovely evening dresses because I have to go to a wedding in October and I hate looking fat and frumpy at special occasions. I hate being the only one in the room who doesn't look dressed up. Anyway, they wouldn't suit me just yet but if I pull my finger out and really get serious I think I might be able to pull it off. I have 2 months. Maybe I can lose 10kg?
Serena

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:24 pm

Not to worry Serena.
When your will power is a bit stronger, get Darren to eat all the ice-cream and lock all the naughty choc's, chips, cakes and cookies etc.. into his car. And no matter how much you beg in your weak moments, he is not allowed to give-in or hand you even a bite of anything sweet or fatty.
Then at the end of each day go to the board here called
My Daily Pledge, when you open it you'll see a thread there called August, week 2 where at the end of each day we can record how close we've come to scoring 20 points.
Below is a short cut to the thread. Today you may have all zero's but if you score enough 20's over the next few days you'll be at your dream weight in no time, and look back laughing at how you started off.
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189

Dolly
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:19 pm

Getting on the scales this morning put me in the best mood for today. Sticking to my allowance and exercise AND losing weight has provided me with more motivation to continue with what I'm doing.

My Nanna came over this morning and I was telling her that I had lost about 7kg in the couple of months and shes like 'How did you do that?'. My Nanna is even what I would call overweight, but you know how some women are with weight :roll: (I'm exactly like it - must run in the family)

Also went shopping with my sister and resisted all urges to buy chips and lollies and crap. I was looking at them and then said to myself 'Come on Emma, you've lost 2kg this week - dont wreck it now' and I walked away from them.

Already done all my exercise - 2 mile dvd again and just over 13km on the bike...

I hope everyone is having a pleasant day - and Pam, hope the dentist didnt bring you anymore pain :)

Emma :D
emma21

Postby Maraver » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:02 pm

Well done girls well I am off to bed I had my tooth removed and feel shocking, I am in agony
Hope I feel better tomorrow
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:09 pm

Ouch Pam! I hope you've got some strong pain tablets so you can get to sleep tonight.
A tooth extraction was what I had the last time I ventured into the dentist too.

I'm so happy I managed to stay on plan today and am looking forward to tackling another day.
G'night all
PS. NO NIGHT TIME SNACKING OKAY?
Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories