It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:52 am

Free Newsletter

My journey to a new me

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My journey to a new me

Postby DreamQueen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 pm

I have lost 15 kilos since last October. I never weighed myself until then. When I looked down and saw 99.8 kilos on the dial, I almost fainted.
I decided then that my lax exercise regime would never help me out, and neither would my shoddy eating habits.
Wishing the weight away wasn't going to make it happen.

That day, I quit drinking soft drink, and replaced it with water.
I lost a kilo that week.

The second week, I cut out junk food {the most difficult part, I'm a boredom snacker and when I snack...I STUFF!}
For three nights I didn't sleep.
My body constantly shook, my headaches raged, I was sweaty, cold, and felt ill all the time. I was snappy, irritated, and foul-tempered all around.
I had no energy and I craved sugar and salt so badly that I had to remove myself from the room whenever anyone else ate anything else.

The third week, I added a half hour to my daily exercise. Just walking.

Fourth week, I added an hour to my daily exercise, hard walking. Boy did that kill me. I felt like giving up. I felt like dying.

I joined a women's only gym but didn't like it in the least, so quit and starting doing strength exercises with cans of soup at home.
I took my daughter on an hour walk around the town every day. It wore her out and wore my waist down.

I didn't weigh myself at all. I knew if I didn't lose any weight, I'd slide into a depression of "Oh, what's the use" and eat myself into an unhealthy weight.

After my jeans didn't fit anymore, I weighed myself. 10 kilos lost. My fiance said I'd lost a lot off my back, it was hard hearing it but he said that I'd lost all the lumps on my back and now it was smooth. He said I didn't have a bulge over my jeans anymore, and it was true, I didn't!

He was losing weight too, a joint effort designed to keep us both motivated.
He's lost almost 50 kilos in the past year, and looks a completely different man.
He's down to 100 kilos and is going to the gym to build muscle. He's still the big tanky man I love but a lot healthier.

At the 4 month mark I pumped it up to an hour and a half walk a day. For breakfast I was having a cup of porridge with light soy milk, lunch was a salad sandwich on multi-grain bread, and fish or chicken and vegetables for dinner.
If I needed to snack or I'd chew my own arm off, I had soy crisp chips or sultanas.
Twice a week I had beef, once a week I had pasta.

I lost five more kilos.

I'm on an anti-covulsant medication that slows metabolism and increases appetite {uh-oh!}, so my loss is slower and much more difficult to maintain, but I'll get there.

So that's my loss so far, and I look forward to losing much more.

My goal is between 65-70 kilos, if I can get to the 60-65 range, I'll be over the moon.
DreamQueen

Re: My journey to a new me

Postby Lucid87 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:12 pm

sounds like a really sensible health approach
well done
and congrats with getting over the cravings
Lucid87

Re: My journey to a new me

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Goodluck for u and fiance :D
soon2bayummymummy

Return to True Stories